What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-Growing With GDK-

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
So i have been experiencing some problems in the form of reduced nitrogen uptake along with cal/mg defs. Calibrated my pH meter today and it was off by .3. So i have been feeding @ 5.4-5.5, which im pretty sure caused the problems. Ima bump it up to 6-6.2 for a few days and give em a foliar of tap and epsom salt, and hopefully it will sort itself out. Thanks for following yall...its really appreciated!!

Stay Safe

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
GDK respect for the veri nice healthy green garden, ill be watchin this one if you dont mind .
keep the high quality up m8!!!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good bruh.good to see ya back at it.
taggin up now,ill be on the lurk regularly.
peace-T-

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Still having problems. I was not watering frequently enough and bumped it up to 4 x per day. Im not cutting with perlite next time!!
Plants perked up, but im still seing some yellowing from the top of the plants. I suspect this is caused by the high ec ive been feeding them for the past 3-4 days. (1.9ec). I know its crazy high, but i bumped it up cause i was gettin runoff @ only .5 ec. It still hasnt gone higher than 1.2 ec, with 1.9 goin in, so im still insure if they are still hungry, or if im overfeeding them causing Cal lockout..any ideas? Im using RO mixed with tap to .3 so my cal/mg needs should be covered.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay Safe

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Hey man good to see your grow updated. I think you are over feeding them, the leaf curl is a dead give away. Run-off numbers can be deceiving and not accurate 100% of the time so be careful. 1.9EC is very high especially considering that you're using RO water and at the stage of growth that you're at now.

When I'm multi-feeding around your stage of growth I'm hitting them with about 1.4EC max and that's including 0.3EC tap water. Are you using Drip Clean? My advice would be to give them a good flush with drip clean and PH adjusted water (PH6.0) then slowly build up the feeding to 1.1EC-1.2EC. Another thing, when a plant get's nutrient deficient the yellowing will start from the bottom leaves and work it's way up the plant, with over feeding and nutrient lock out the yellowing can pop up anywhere on the plant, especially on the newer growth.

Peace
HGO

Last edited:

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Alright so it looks like things are gettin corrected. Im now feeding @ 1.3 ec and 5.8-6.0 ph. Flipped em 2 days ago and did some heavy defoliation today. Im gonna wait another 2 weeks, then clean out the bottoms and sucker branches along with excess leaves again. Lemme be the first to say, that if this had been a canopy mgmt class, i woulda failed hard. Actually i also think i overvegged em a bit, but i really didnt want to flip em before they had returned to good health. I had a trellis net ready, but figured it wasnt needed. WRONG! my canopy woulda been much more even if i had built that frame..oh well, next time. The prolonged veg time has resulted in the baddest roots i have ever seen(not counting hydro). Im feeding them x5 @ lights off and x1 during dark hours. Prolly gonna up it to x8 total per day in peak flower. I catch about 25% runoff each feeding and it was the more frequent waterings that cleared up my troubles. With roots like these, ya gotta water ALOT lol. Im hoping their gonna reward me with huge yields tho..
Well lets look at em shall we? Heres the table pre-defoliation:
picture.php

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
wtf is this bullshit..can only get space in textbox for one pic...cant move the cursor down to insert another...

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
I also have a cpl of plants next to the table gettin handwatered. A single Happy Brother and another Niterider. They didnt fit onto the table, but i didnt want to throw em away:

Happy Bro(Karma Cut):

picture.php

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Roots are massive...lookin like hydro roots coming outta these pots..:

picture.php

niterider looks sick!
got a little seedling of the The White X NL5 x Leopard Kush X Pure Kush going, hoping to get a little funk out of that one.

good luck with them GDK, will be lurking

Latest posts

Latest posts