What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best way to dry bubble hash?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok gang coming to the experts;

I've been making a lot more Ice Bubble Hash and the person who showed me how to do this told me to dry it on cardboard to remove the water...but I suspect their are much better ways to dry it?

I am having problems using cardboard and sometimes it sticks to the CB and comes off with the hash..NOT appealing.

Please make some suggestions of better ways to dry my Ice Bubble hash, here are some pics of some I just did for you to enjoy, it is really nice full melt stuff, when it doesn't stick to the CB.

picture.php

picture.php

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Moderator;

Can you move this to the Hash section I mistakenly posted it here, ty.

P

pine boy

Bubblebags provide you with a drying screen that you use with a towel before you go to the cardboard.
As you spoon your bubble from the bags ,you screen it over a dry towel and wick the moisture from the hash.After this step you go to the cardboard.
It looks like you missed out on the drying screen process.
Have you seen the screens I'm talking about? I got 2 with my bags.
Good luck

donttrip

I usually use the drying screens (orange) with a towel to get most of the moisture, and then transfer the puck to cardboard. It dries very quickly and doesn't stick to the cardboard.

Dr. D

Veteran
After discussion with a friend recently it came to light that cardboard is not the best way to go because it pulls the moisture into the cardboard and really you want it to evaporate off.
Also you need to be squeezing some of the moisture out of it and chop it finely before drying so that as much of the hash comes into contact with the air as possible for a full and even drying out.
Putting it straight on card like that is going to stick especially if its sticky bubble.
Apparently there is a noticeable difference in end product, said friend now squeezes as much moisture out as possible then dries on a piece of paper on plastic!
Ive yet to try it but im gonna go back to the old plate drying method to see the difference...Peace

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
I agree with Dr..... try to squeeze it good and chop chop. It can be very hard sometimes, especially with bubble from fresh buds/trim. Fresh bubble takes longer to fully dry so be patient!!!!

peace

icetoker

when the bubble is still a wet patty, push it thru a kitchen strainer while moving it over the cardboard... this breaks the hash up into little flecks of hash, and they don't stick to the cardboard. this will dry up nicely over the course of a week or 2...

p.s. a great spot to put drying hash is in the oven so that dust/hair don't get in it as much (don't turn it on!)

powdered dry hash ftw!

Aardwolf

I dry on a StarWars dinner mat squeezing works but ruins the hash Dr D just chop it and dry it Squeezing and compressing comes later when its dry 2 weeks later (Propper dry) then press it you won't trap in moisture to the middle and have harsh hash or smell the water.

RulaTone

Veteran
Never press bubble hash while wet, water will stick to resin at molecular level and you will never get rid of it!
You just have to put that cardboard in freezer since its all hard then remove it.
Next time use a nylon towel 25u and put under it an absorbent towel (shamzilla like)
Freezing is the solution with sticky material.

AquaLabTech

The Hashish Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Good Info.

Good Info.

Never press bubble hash while wet, water will stick to resin at molecular level and you will never get rid of it!
You just have to put that cardboard in freezer since its all hard then remove it.
Next time use a nylon towel 25u and put under it an absorbent towel (shamzilla like)
Freezing is the solution with sticky material.

Good info RulaTone.

Aqua Lab Tech

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
i like to use a 25u mesh "pressing screen" on top of an absorbent pad of material for the fresh blobs coming out of the bags.

then after they firm up enough to be crumbled they are transferred to paper plates.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
dry it on cardboard till you think its completely dry.....

powder up the coldwater hash by crumbling it or i use a grinder....

put the powdered up coldwater into a food safe plastic baggie and put into freezer for 30 minutes.....

take the coldwater out and dry again on the cardboard.....

repeat the process 3-4 times.....

the freezer pulls the moisture out of the inside of the coldwater and the cardboard dries it.......

after making coldwater for many years, this is the best method i have tried.....

bottom pic is over a lb of coldwater....

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
i put mine on ziplock bags. peels off pretty easy if its still sticky. i did a run of dry ice hash yesterday and imho is the best way to do it. pretty much same as bubble, just faster

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hi megayeilds ,
your right , one shouldnt put wet hash on cardboard ,
as other folks already mentioned allow it to drip dry first on a bit of the screen providied over a towel , half an hour or so ..
then its safe to cut it up onto the cardboard ...

you dont want soaking wet hash on cardboard , note how the cardboard sticks to the hash ,, i dont like to smoke it .. lol ...

its important also not to press your hash when its wet ,,
ignore any advice to do so ,
its bad advice and will leave you with mouldy hash ..

i used the above method to produce this hash ...

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ohh i forgot to mention ,,
after i chop the hash onto the cardboard , when its dry enough that it wont stick ,
i put it in a room with a fan on for around 48 hrs ,
its good and dry by then ,
but it will still improve with maturing , the same as cannabis does .

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
I've never liked the cardboard method. When I used to make bubble I would first dry it like some say, using a absorbent towel first, then put it on a clean piece of glass (like a mirror). It would be dry very soon thereafter.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just want to THANK YOU ALL ..omg I have so many choices although BudGood's idea of putting it on a mirror appeals to me. I need to get one of those clothes you guys mentioned. I DID NOT get those with my bags as their made by a local entreprenuer who makes the whole bag outta the screen material. This way they drain much faster. So I will look online for one of those silk like cloths (I've seen them at friends house's) and use that and a towel to drain most of the moisture like you all suggested. I think Krunchbubble mentioned also freezing it to remove moisture so I will try that as well.

I am extremely surprised how many of my patients now want my bubble....I can hardly keep up with the orders, I mean ALL day today I was driving all over the county just supplying concentrate to my patients they LOVE it lol....and now I have much better information to do an even better job!

Again THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH..I love this site man, peeps are just awesome sharing their knowledge!

cyat

Veteran
I figured this one out on accident.
I put my wet stuff in a mahogany bowl, and put that in food dehydrator till its as dry as I like it, sometimes 24 hrs.
this will improve the quality making it gummy not hard and crumbly, you will lose a little weight tho.