What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

P

Purple Monster

do anyone know how long this product will last once its mixed? say i mix up 10 gallons today and ph it, will it still be ph stable after a few days of storage ?

toasted1

i do a 55 gall drum every week it last me 6-7 days and is good to the last drop but i do have a powerhead runnin in it 24/7 to keep it well mixed :2cents:

stay safe
:smokey:

RicoT

Only halfway through reading the thread I'm thanking Jah for bringing me upon it. It was destiny I saw this, after the countless $40/bag numerous guanos I've been buying for years. Simply amazing!!! Thank you SO much for initiating the thread and spreading the knowledge Ioni!

Sadly, I don't even know if I can bring myself to mix another 5 part guano tea for my plants ever again....

jgrow

Ive been told you can do full strength all the way through but, I started seedlings - 7 days old with 1/2 strength and will increase to full next water.

Ioni Botani

Ive been told you can do full strength all the way through but, I started seedlings - 7 days old with 1/2 strength and will increase to full next water.

I do full strength all the way through FROM CLONE.

Seedlings are a diff. story. I'd do 1/2 strength until they have enough leaf surface area to photosynthesize with high amounts of nutes present.

KISS may be simple, but the high PPM's are very touchy...be weary with it's application to young plants... if my clones are getting full strength nutes, they are well rooted, with PLENTY of light.
Then....they take off like rockets!

The application of Nitrogen too early in rooting causes stunting..just take note.

:D

Ioni Botani

Auto? Like auto-flowering? Nobody I know of deals with those things...clone only here!
I prefer investing into genetics that I can keep around ;)

Anybody doing auto's here?! If so KISS it and let us know!!!

Had a pack of Mossy's Auto-flowering mix.....but I gave em away to a buddy, sorry GanjaSuite! I would imagine it would be fine, if you can Lucas them, you can KISS them!

Hope this helps..

Auto? Like auto-flowering? Nobody I know of deals with those things...clone only here!
I prefer investing into genetics that I can keep around ;)

Anybody doing auto's here?! If so KISS it and let us know!!!

Had a pack of Mossy's Auto-flowering mix.....but I gave em away to a buddy, sorry GanjaSuite! I would imagine it would be fine, if you can Lucas them, you can KISS them!

Hope this helps..
yea like autoflowering!lol.a hydro auto would yeild me a lot more seed than a soil plant;)..peace and a peaceful harvest

phattybudz

I'm a pretty new grower, just doing my first DWC run with floranova bloom and RO water, and I'm having issues with my ph dropping down to 5.4-5.6 overnight even though the mix isn't too strong. Getting some yellowing on the edges/tips, thinking it's MG lockout...anyways I am going to try maxi and tap next run because it seems so easy and cheap, maybe wait until I finish the FNB bottle..

Just wondering, Ioni and Evl, do you guys let your tap water sit out before using it?

Just picked up a bag, going to try next run and see if my ph is more stable (I'm almost sure it will be) with tap and maxi vs RO and FNB...

Anyone have experience with maxi&tap in DWC?

Thanks!

Also, heavy metals? Fuck.

G

Guest 18340

Sorry to hear about your issues phattybudz.
No, I don't let the tap water sit out.
Are you adding cal/mag when using RO water?
You might wanna ask your question in the hydro forum as well.

Ioni Botani

Welcome aboard MileHigh!

It's a pleasure and an honor.

Shiiiittttt....if you're going Maxi then I know where to get my meds from while back out west... ;)

Dunno about soil, but from what I know everything should be about the same...minus pH
Feeding every other watering would probably be the best way to keep it safe, as well as keeping it simple... :D
Good luck!

Ion

OK

I have a few questions Ion,

I just started using the 3 part GH and when I did my first 25gal batch PH came out at 6.1. Love it! Then I mixed up a Gal of the Maxi at 1 tsp per Gal and checked the Ph? It is now coming in at 4.5. Damn. Also I weighted a level spoon and it came out at 5.8g and when mixing a full 25gal batch my PPMs were way low?? I have the Maxi and the Kool and just bought some PH up, But am I on the right track. I am a super simple KISS person Dirt and Powder food and this was a stretch just to go to the GH 3 part. Peter's has been very good to me and my girls for many many years. Biggest nugs I ever seen came from Peters!

MMJ

Ioni Botani

Yes, as stated above the Maxi brings pH wayy down....suggestion would be to use Silica or similar pH UP. I wish they buffered the Maxi like they did the 3 part, but then Maxi would just be TOO good ;) ....

ALSO PPM's could have been low if using the TSP that comes with MaxiBloom. I noticed it was a littttttle smaller than my TSP.....which honestly wouldn't hurt the plants.

If you want to accurately measure a powder, the only way to do so would be by dry weight. The TSP method is just a way to approximate....my level TSP happened to weigh almost 7 grams...so it became my consistent method of measuring.

WHATEVER HAPPENS, STAY TRUE TO CONSISTENCY.

G

Guest 18340

I have a few questions Ion,

I just started using the 3 part GH and when I did my first 25gal batch PH came out at 6.1. Love it! Then I mixed up a Gal of the Maxi at 1 tsp per Gal and checked the Ph? It is now coming in at 4.5. Damn. Also I weighted a level spoon and it came out at 5.8g and when mixing a full 25gal batch my PPMs were way low?? I have the Maxi and the Kool and just bought some PH up, But am I on the right track. I am a super simple KISS person Dirt and Powder food and this was a stretch just to go to the GH 3 part. Peter's has been very good to me and my girls for many many years. Biggest nugs I ever seen came from Peters!

MMJ[/quote]
I'm with Ioni, a level TSP for me weighs out to 7 grams.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I thought that measuring cup that came with the MB/KB looked a tad small.

It's suppose to be a teaspoon/tablespoon (on either end) correct?

On a side note, check out one of my Big Girls on the K.I.S.S. method

FMS HazeKush - 5 weeks :jump:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
heres my cheeses,day 40sum,only maxibloom until last feeding when i started adding the koolbloom,havnt even used mollses at all with this run,maybe in them last 2 weeks when i flush i will...maybe.
these look bigger and better then any other cheese run ive had and ive been growin this strain for about 2 yrs.other then a few leaf tips getting burned theyre all gravy baby :D
and i saw someone ask how often to feed,honestly bro i feed almost every watering and they are lovin it,ill feed maybe 3 times then ill water on the 4th time.i use 1 1/2 tsp.per gallon,starting at 1 and going up from there.ive never done this before,usualy its water water feed.
...i would like to ask though whats the BEST number to ph this formula at when feeding into soil? ive been goin at 6.5-6.8 ...
...anyways here goes the uk cheese at early 40ish days...

picture.php

sorry for the hps glare,this pic does the size/density of these buds no justice
picture.php

some random shots
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php