What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Drying help

bongcritter

Hey all what's up,

I just finished up my outdoor grow a little early due to someone snatching a few tops from me, and I have a quick question about the drying/curing process...

I know that I'm not supposed to put the larger buds in jars until the stem breaks and not bends...but what about the smaller buds that I am not hanging?

I'm only hanging my larger buds, while the others are spread on newspaper.

I'll post some pics now to help...but would love advice with what to do with the smaller ones? Some of them seem to be kinda crispy in 24-36 hours already...should I go ahead and jar them??? burp them more often?

I also have another quick question...Should I have a fan going near the drying or no? Right now I have a small fan on the ground exhausting air out on medium. Should I have a fan or no? How much should I use it and at what speed? I also have had the ceiling fan on high but I recently turned it off

bigger buds:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dunkydunk

All your questions relate back to how humid it is in the room. The higher the humidity the more air you'll want to circulate.

As for the little ones, they might not be as dry as you think. Toss some in some tupperware or glass jar and see if the moisture comes back. If it does, they ain't done.

cpt.kush

I put my nugglets in a paper bag and put them on the shelf ..also I find it best not to have direct air blowing on my buds it makes the bud dry out to fast but I do have a fan going in the same room to mpve the air to help dry them.. a slow even dry is best..cpt.k

calstar

From recent experience small nugs appearing dry may still hold moisture. We just had 2 days of 90-100degree weather, I dry and cure in a 1st floor garage(living space above so its well insulated and consistent temps 70-75) but left some nugs outside for 2 days that were overlooked. They were crispy dry, put in a jar over night they had enough moisture in them I left the lid off the jar for a few more hours and continue to watch them. I couldn't believe these crispy critters had any moisture remaining in them, but there it was. Try what dunkydunk said, jar and check. Also carefully rotate the nugs on the paper.

Trays(furnace filters) pictured are $2.79 for 4 at home depot, great for drying nugs, nearly 100% air flow.. If the nugs have even a little stem on'em you can stick'em into the material and they stand up, no flat spots on the dried nugs. It looks like quit a few buds you have could also be dried by sticking the stem into the material and they would stay upright for the dry, no hanging required as the buds are already trimmed so leaf drooping isn't an issue. If you do try to stick some vertically make a small hole first with a nail, scissors, etc., then put the stem in the hole.

Attachments

• 3w b-ss
    3w b-ss
    66.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN4610.jpg
    DSCN4610.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Latest posts