What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does low light slow down flowering or just hurt yield?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I have a big sativa tree in the corner of my tent. It has been in 12/12 for 6 weeks but very neglected and has not received much light (in fact it has stretched taller than the reflector.) The buds on it are predictably airy and small compared to her sisters under the light. It looks like it's on week 3.

I'm wondering what would happen if I place this under a dedicated 600w and flower it longer than usual? Will it gain enough mass to make it worthwhile?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Thanks. That's unfortunate but what I already suspected. What about removing top buds and then letting the bottom of the plant develop? In my experience the bottom buds never gain much weight.

Tfresh420

one of my buddys removes the top half of the plant and lets the bottom flowering a bit longer, it works well for him

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Depends on the root health, often in this situation the roots get weak and begin to develop rrot, if so, they ain't gonna finish well.