What's new

htgsupply growbright 400 watt hps bulb,$25

do you fellers have any experience with this bulb? all i need it for is flowering. dont tell me to get somethin more expensive cause i cant afford it.thanks....also,do you have any experience with their 400 watt hps ballast kits for 54.95 & $16 for shippin=$71 total.

weediscool

all i know is i will never order anything from them again. their prices are cheap for a reason. its a coinflip if you get a good bulb. i ordered a bulb from them and the inside exploded after 24 hours and the next 2 replacement bulbs didnt work either. went to worms way and everything great now. also 2 of 3 of their timers went bad after 6 months.

if you order from them make sure you have backup lights/equipment because shipping this shit back and forth takes 3-4 minimum each time.

all i know is i will never order anything from them again. their prices are cheap for a reason. its a coinflip if you get a good bulb. i ordered a bulb from them and the inside exploded after 24 hours and the next 2 replacement bulbs didnt work either. went to worms way and everything great now
how much did you pay for bulb at wormsway?

F

Fred el Gato

I run the growbright 400 hps, starting my third run. I run the 400 mhconvert first 3wks then switch to the 400 hps for finish. Haven't had any problems at all. I'm even using their inline fan and filter. Noisy but I have it on speed control,it helps. The filter could be better. Basically I've gotton my moneys worth.

nnep

Htgsupply has been absolutley awesome in my experience. Ordered my fan, light and controller through them. Very nice people, always throw in a feel lighter with their products, not that that's a big deal but it's a nice gesture.

I recieved a MH and a HPS bulb with my order. One was an agromax (MH) and the HPS was their bulb i believe. Both work great and my plants love it.

weediscool

my first order with them was a 400 watt hps and a 400 mh which were both fine. but you can defenitly tell why their stuff is so inexpensive(because they use cheap parts, cheap labor, most everything is refurbished, ect)

ive encountered bad equipment in the past, but never once has there ever been repeated issues from any other supplier that ive used. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.

and their customer service is shitty. i call them to say the bulb i just got exploded. they say ok and after they get the tracking number from ups that says i shipped them something back they send me an email saying theyre sending the replacement bulb asap(was on a thursday). well the 1st replacement bulb doesnt get shipped till the following MONDAY. i receive the 1st replacement bulb the following thursday. 48 hours later that one dies. i call them on monday and inform them that their replacement bulb also died and request some kind of express shipping because my plants cannot wait another full week without light(at this point theyve been under t12s). they tell me theres nothing they can do and will ship it asap. the 2nd replacement bulb doesnt arrive for 8 days later. the 2nd replacement bulb is DOA. i just lold and went to worms way.

i am not the only person who has had issues like these. the thing with coinflips is that for every 50 people who have a good experience theres 50 others who had a shitty one. hopefully youre on of the lucky ones. i dont have the time to get strung along for 3-4 weeks, waiting on equipment that is essential to my gardens growth. good luck

got a 400 watt hps ballast kit and bulb for $80 + 16 for shippin=$97..if anything is bad or goes bad i'll send it back. sure do appreciate all the feedback on this.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i've had my bulb from them for a month, i'll let you know when it craps out. I WILL say that i've gone through a shitload of pl-l's from them, even though they're supposed to last a while... and their light hangers are crappy lol

but other than THAT, awesome for the price, and the guys are nice. And it's cool that they're only 20 miles from my house.

ArcticBlast

bh420

I have had good experience w/ htgsupply. When I ordered my lights for the setup, they were out of the premium bulbs I ordered w/ the lights... so they sent me a couple of their htgsupply bulbs FREE of charge until they received their shipment of premium bulbs. The lights bought from them have been working excellently for 3months now. I ordered 2 of their 400watt HPS setups. I am extremely satisfied with the price paid & what I received.

It seems like when mailing lights and bulbs that their is always a chance of the package getting bashed around during transit, leading to faulty behavior.

For those who said they had light bulbs explode or not work, were they the HTGsupply brand.. or was it a better name brand that HTGSupply sells? If it is the first, then maybe it would be advisable for new people looking to get into growing for cheap... if you buy the cheap hardware setup (reflector, ballast), make sure you get the better quality bulbs to go inside.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I have had my share of faulty bulbs from htgsupply but if you stop buying the cheap bulbs the problem seems to go away for some reason.

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I ordered an HPS bulb and ballast, 400w. The bulb died after a few days. It just kept trying to turn on, then it would flicker, die and try again. I called and the dude sent over a replacement no questions asked. The ballast gets TOO hot (I burned myself multiple times) so I got rid of it and got a digital (not from HTG).

I also heard their HPS bulb in general is crap (in terms of output and spectrum), but you get what you pay for. A good 400w bulb can run $50-75.

I got an MH bulb from them, been running for a year now with no issues (I need a new one though), and I have a 4 bulb T5 from them that runs great. That's been going since Oct with no issues.

All in all I like HTG - good prices, good customer services, but I would go with a name brand bulb if my budget permits it.

1Life2Live

just got to home depot anf pick one up they are about 16$$ and if you look around you can find a thread that either freezerboy or burn1 did, that tests those bulbs to more expensive ones and they came up with nothing different about them.
1life

Latest posts

Latest posts