What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which coco is best?

Hey community I wanted to get your thoughts on what coco to choose.....experienced coco growers please
I have been told to get sunleaves just coir......and allthough there are many shops around only one carries it...when they have it.......what are your thoughts???????

texas grass

i havnt done coco much but cocorio brand i feel is best
but only tried that and earthjuice brand and ej was solid salt filled pyth.
the rio brand i got is true coir to crutons with pretty much no pyth and salts. i havnt rinced a cu bag on clones or veg or flower. the rio brand is fresh water grown coco that has been washed. excellent stuff in my eyes. the only down side of the rio is not many places carry

the best big comercial indoor brand ive heard(behind cocorio) about to get is botonicares cocogro.

jocat

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg around my area there are three main choices for bagged loose coco, & i recomend this, you got your canna your bio bizz & your atami, iv'e used all three and can't tell a difference between the three. as far as what you feed with...big difference for me, tried canna..nah..tried monkey juice...nah,nah..then found House & Garden and began to fully appreciate what coco can do..:joint:

G

Guest 18340

I've used Botanicare and Sunleaves. Their was no diference in plant growth etc. But now i use Botanicare exclusively, because its whats on the shelf at my local hydro shop. Stick with a well known name brand and you should have no problems.

I have, and am currently using Royal Gold's, Purple Bag which is the Basement Mix, Soilless Coco Mix!! IT has a little fertilizer in it, good shit, alot of different things! You Might be able to read it!! This is an AWESOME Coco Mix and hasnt given me any problems, Defenitely Recommend! I probably wont be switching up for a long time!! Sometime Ill be moving to Roots Organic, but not for another couple of harvest!!

picture.php

:woohoo:

I have used the Royal Golds Basement Mix with great results, only recommend it for top watering or drip, holds a good amount of moisture so not for ebb n flow.
Also I will only use Botanicare CocoGro for ebb n flow, very clean, light n fluffy. Dont try the readygro, didnt like those, too much perlite for me.
Love the CocoGro!

I'm using Botanicare CocoGro at the moment and I think it's awesome. No acidic problems, or any cal/mag issues of any kind. :yes:

Second on Botanicare Cocogro. I have used Canna and loved it. I also have used a Sunleaves blend that ended up killing about 40 seedlings that would have been tasty herbs by now. I also bought some GH bricks that were pretty good quality, and good for starting up seedlings.

Kosmo

B'cuzz Coco Coir or Canna Coco Coir

Royal Gold's QC is lacking IMO, shops around here refuse to carry it now a days...

T

TwinTurboGuy

Canna coco coir all the way!

Its sterile, salt-free, can be used immediately, the texture is perfect, and once you open that bag, a very nice earthy smell comes out.

Just be sure to break up some unexpected clumps of coco when you plant in it.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
dont use sunleaves. of the three/four ive tried

BioBizz > Phase One > Sunleaves Chunky > sunleaves reg.

I used sunleaves for my first 2 years; the chunky shit always gave me P or K problems late in flower, and it always stunted rooted clones.

Bio Bizz is my vote.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Canna Professional, always.

Canna are the people who pioneered the process that turns salty waste product into usable growing medium, they have massive lab facilities and are really nice & professional people who are on our side....... why risk buying from anybody else ?

Likewise, I do not bother with the E10 'normal' Canna coco, E15 is a small price to pay to know they have the best possible medium.

walkndude

Noticed a couple comments on botanicare cocogro and was wondering if it needs a rinse or is ready to go. Pro-mix separation anxiety is setting in...

Grendelkhan

Canna has been clean every time i have used it and I have run it for while now. I have heard that they place that Canna gets there cocco from sells to a couple others but I am not sure if it goes thru the same cleaning process or not.
Gkhan.

whodi

Veteran
for the price, quality, and amount you get... i gotta go with botanicare

And yes, you should rinse the botanicare cocogrow bricks. If yo uwant pre-rinsed coco then go with the canna

Latest posts

Latest posts