What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New 10 Biobucket system - Mountain Mix/Joey Weed/Purple Trainwreck

#9Dream

Thanks all for checking in.

onahah: The only root rot I have experienced was in the last grow. A plant developed some rot above the water line that stunted it's growth.

MCsqrd: I hadn't mentioned my pump yet. I tried using a 180gph pump but it wasn't big enough, I had to go with a 500gph pump.

SwampSavant: I have seen a lot a variability in size and stretch. Generally the bio buckets seem to maximize their potential. The main factor I see is how well the roots are developing. Sometimes the roots don't venture out from the lava rocks, other times as in my first grow this plant filled the bucket with roots:
31589Day75-1.jpg

I'm still trying to duplicate this again.

green_thumb: best of luck with your grow

kp^, oldschoolfarmer: thanks

S

SwampSavant

I have no doubt of the massive root system growing under that girl. Beautiful looking lady. Big Toke also had some wicked pictures of massive root development in some of his threads.

As to the point of container packed roots opposed to not showing through the lava rocks. Do you have any theories as to why the system would cause such a variance in root growth?

#9Dream

I have a number of theories I am working out. One theory is that plants from seed do better because they have a main taproot. Another is that the roots are attracted to the rocks. Perhaps when small roots attach themselves to the lava rocks they pull the main part of the root toward the rocks, keeping them from straying outside the netpot. I have been trying to distribute the roots so some main ones are through the slots but it's hard because they clump together in a string. Next time I plan to try to transplant them into the netpots under water so the roots will separate.

#9Dream

Mini update

Mini update

They are putting weight faster now. This snow covered bud is Joey Weed 6.
9A-0331j6a.jpg

Purple trainwreck is wider than it is tall.
9A-0331pt.jpg

#9Dream

Day 42

Day 42

Time for another picture update.. I would like to have seen purple trainwreck if I hadn't topped it.
9A-404L.jpg

JW3
9A-404r.jpg

JW6 is looking pretty.
9A-404j6a.jpg

9A-404j6b.jpg

This is purple trainwreck. No sign of purple yet.
9A-404ptw.jpg

#9Dream

Day 49

Day 49

Thanks guys. Here is this weeks update. JW6 is looking good but they are only about 2' tall.
9A-411jw6.jpg

In this shot of purple trainwreck you can see one of my beatle friends hanging out on a lower leaf.
9A-411ptw2.jpg

9A-411ptw1.jpg

JW3 is getting some good trichome development.
9A-411jw3.jpg

I think I can see some purple showing in mountain mix 3
9A-411mm3.jpg

I hope it gets as purple as it's sister mm2 did a couple grows ago.
8C-635.jpg

I figure I have another week or two before I start flushing.

Latest posts

Latest posts