What's new

Capo's First Coco Run/Nirvana Afghani*/Mazar-I-Sharif**

So as the thread title says, this will be my first grow using coco. I have three previous grows under my belt...all three were grown 100% organically in Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil with FF Grow Big/Big Bloom. Two out of the three grows were in a grow box that was 4'x4'x6' with a 600watt HPS. The first run was 12 Purple Urkel clones that i picked up from the LPC in hayward before it closed down. :joint: The second run was 6 clones...three Blue Dots, and three Strawberry Coughs, also from the LPC. However these clones were sickly and in bad shape to begin with, so i ended up only pulling around 4oz's from the 6 plants where as with the Purple's, i pulled somewhere in between 9-10 oz's. The third one was a grow outside w/ 4 feminized purple power's from Female Seeds. One didn't germ, and one was a runt so it was culled. The two that remained were pretty good as far as i was concerned. One was an indica pheno that was 100% purple and the other was a sativa pheno that had light shades of purple but had an intense uppy, head high. The sativa was my favorite. I then took a year long break from growing due to some personal problems but now i'm back. It may not be a 600watt HPS this time around, but this run is mainly for positve therapy, fun, and a constant supply of high grade medical cannabis.

My set up consists of a closet that's about 7-8 feet, but i'm using the right side and have sectioned it off into a 2x2 area that will have a 175watt MH lighting the area up.

My exhaust consists of a 105 CFM pc fan that's posistioned on the right side of the box, right by the light. My intake is an 02 Cool fan blowing through a dryer vent deal into the box.

There is 6 millimeter black/white poly on the walls with the white side as the reflective side. The cab door is reflective insulation that is fastened to the wall via staple gun and attached to the cab via velcro.

My cab holds 16 5'' containers in 11''x20'' black trays. Since i'm using seeds now instead of the SSH clones i had lined up there will only be 15 plants and x amount of plants after they are sexed. Hopefully my buddy will have some rooted Grandaddy clones ready for me so i can just make up the difference with the plants that i cull do to the males, and make the plant count a full 16. I do plan on making moms out of the afghani, the mazar, and the Grandaddy.

My grow medium is Botanicare's CocoGrow mixed with a little perlite. most likely an 80/20 coco/perlite.

The nutrients i'll be using will be Humboldt Nutrients Line. Grow, Micro, Bloom, and eventually i'll pick up a quart of the Humboldt Sweet.

As far as additives go, I'll be using Fox Farms Beastie Bloomz (0-50-30), and Fox Farms Cha Ching (9-50-10). You can check out Fox Farms website for more info on the two products. My friends use it and really like it so i figured i'd give it a shot. :joint:
Well, i think that's about it....if there's any questions, thoughts, or whatever is on your guys/girls minds just let me know and i'll do my best.

-peace

Here's some pics:

finishedbox-1.jpg

botcocogro.jpg

Afghani on the left, Mazar on the right

afghanleftmazarright.jpg

Afghani beans

afghanseeds.jpg

Inside the cab w/containers

inside1.jpg

Inside the cab w/ lights on

inside2.jpg

Mazar Beans

mazar.jpg

Back of the Nirvana breeder pack

nirvanaback.jpg

Front of the Nirvana breeder pack

nirvanapack.jpg

My exhaust fan (105 cfm pc fan w/dryer vent)

velcroandfan.jpg

Just a shot of the velcro

velcro.jpg

:woohoo:

Thanks bro. I know this isn't going to be the most exciting grow for people to read about...it's not a 2000watt or a 4000watt grow but i'm really excited to see the results ecspecially when all 16 containers are filled up. I have plans after a few runs with the two trays to add a third to make it 24 plants and also upgrade to a 250watt HPS :joint:

The afghani's were 10/10 on the germ and the Mazar freebies are 4/5 (so far)...so 14/15 germed in less then 48 hours...not too bad for a $20.00 pack of seeds. The seeds were put in two different tupperware containers with a thick layer (3-4 sheets) of paper towels, then sprayed with a mix of water and hydrogen peroxide until moist. Then i put the seeds in and gave them a little spray, covered the tupperware with some saran wrap, then put it in a
11''x20'' black tray on top of a heating matt, and boom 48hrs later tap roots. It seems like alot of people use the ziplock method but i've germed seeds like this since the start and so far so good. :yes:

Afghani seed after less then 48hrs of germination:

afghanigerm.jpg

and some White Widow that i'm medicating with that was grown by my Mentor in a coco drip set up in a 4x8 darkroom under 1200watts of HPS
:canabis:

whitewidow1.jpg

whitewidowmacro.jpg

Thanks chi. I just checked the peat pellets this morning and 3/10 afghanis have already sprouted...0/4 for mazar but it's barely been 24hrs so i'm not to worried. I'll throw up a pic of them a little later.

Sounds good Andre. I take it you're from the Bay cause of your handle and your Location. anyway it's good to have you along.

here's the pics of the sprouts: (Afghani:3/10, Mazar:0/4) Day 1 in peat pellets.

100_0917.jpg

100_0919.jpg

This bowls for you andre, this bowls for you.
mesmokin-1.jpg

Last edited:
Update...

Update...

So i just got home from pickin up my girl from her work and i went to check on the babies and the Afghans are now 5/10 for sprouting, and the Mazars are 2/4 for sprouting. Four more sprouts in 4 hours. Also, i don't think the 5th Mazar seed is going to germ so we'll just set the Mazar germ rate @ 4/5...90%...not bad for free beans

Here's the pics:

afghan3.jpg

afghan4.jpg

And here is a picture that i think most everyone will enjoy :joint:

makepeace.jpg

Good morning IC...

Good morning IC...

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday morning. I woke up and checked the babies and looks like the Mazar is 3/4 on sprouts, and the Afghans are 8/10. Oh and on the ones that have sprouted and that are a 1/2''-1'' tall, little tiny roots are pokin through the bottom of the pellets. These buggers are growin fast!

update...Day 4

update...Day 4

I've been busy for the past couple of days but here are some pics of the babies. There's a total of 9 Afghans, however two of them look really puny so i will most likely cull them to make a total of 7 Afghans. As for the Mazar, 4/5 germed, and 3/4 have sprouted. Since they sprouted i've been spraying the pellets with PH'ed water with some hydrogen peroxide. Last night i put 2 drops of Ralphs Ultra Vegg/Root Stimulator in my spray bottle with .5ml of Fox Farms Big Bloom and gave them a light watering. I checked on them when i woke up this morning and they seem to have liked it so i gave them another little watering about 30min ago. I usually water when the peat pellets turn light brown. Anyway, here are the pics:

First row: Afghans
Second row: Afghans
Third row: Mazar

100_0923.jpg

100_0924.jpg

100_0926.jpg

seedlingD4-1.jpg

seedlingD4.jpg

Afghan:

100_0927.jpg

I know they are a little stretchy, and it's most likely my fault cause i should have taken the humidity dome off sooner but oh well...no big deal :joint:

-peace

Another Update...(some changes)

Another Update...(some changes)

I talked to my mentor and we both agreed that i can transplant the peat pellets to 16oz keg cups where they will veg for 2 weeks...or until they show enough roots to go into the 5" containers. Once they show sex, depending on how many females i end up with, they will be put in 2gal square containers to flower. If i end up with more females then i'm expecting, then i'll just put them in the 5" or 1 gallon square pots. So i'm going to put them in the 16oz cups real quick...I'll post some pics when i'm done?

Does anyone know if I can use hydrogen peroxide with Humboldt Nutes Grow, Micro, Bloom????

-peace

What up Slips!Thanks for stopping by. I got the cocogro from California Hydroponics and organics on Commercial way in Santa Cruz. I would actually reccomend going to Santa Cruz Hydroponics&Organics on 41st ave in Soquel, CA...They have way lower prices and they are really cool people...the ones at Cal Hydro are dicks and arent that friendly. Go see Justin at SC Hydro...he'll take care of you :joint: This is all from my personal experience though...I could have just been one of those days for Cal Hydro and i could have gotten the wrong impression about them.

I'll post some pics of the babies in the keg cups in my box when i get back from a dentist appointment :Bolt:

Day 5 vegg

Day 5 vegg

Here's some pics of the afghans and mazars in my box under the 175watt MH:
100_0993-1.jpg

100_0994.jpg

100_0995.jpg

100_0996.jpg

I gave them a light feeding after i transplanted them into the 16oz keg cups.

Here's the 8 week feeding chart for HN just so you guys can get an idea of what i mean by "light feeding".
http://humboldtnutrients.com/HN_hydro_8wk.pdf

So in the first week of veg it calls for 3ml/gal of Grow, 3ml/gal of Micro, and 1ml/gal of Bloom. I used .75ml/gal of Grow, .75ml/gal of Micro, and .25ml/gal of Bloom. I might could have gone higher but i didn't want to risk it cause from what i've read HN's stuff is pretty strong. So i hit them with the above last night and today right before the lights went off...and i'll check them in a little bit to make sure they are not dry.

There was alot more run-off then i first expected, so i'm going to see if i can get some form of stand for the trays so the water can just empty out through the bottom of the trays and into a run-off bucket. Anyone have any ideas???

Last edited:

AndreNicky

Im having the same problem, i don't use trays tho. Im thinkin about just using a 3x3 piece of plywood covered with poly thats slightly tilted with a bucket on one side to catch runoff (maybe even just let it drain onto the floor if i wanna be lazy hehe)

Black Ra1n

Cannaculturist ~OGA~
Veteran
I too have some mazar's going, be watching yours for sure. I water my plants on a piece of pig fence over a bucket, all the runoff goes into the bucket and not all over my room. Good luck man.

Last edited:

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
quick run off question for you - if I'm looking at a "10%" run off, does that exactly equal 1 ltr run off per 10 ltr pot? - sounds like a dumb question I know, but I don't want any "surprises" either ;) ...Indeed wouldnt measuring the run off to 1 ltr be how I would tell I'd watered sufficiently in the first place?

EDIT - if this IS the case then I'm thinking a 1.5 ltr ice cream tub under the pot will work a treat ...slidey in...slidey out..

Last edited:
Im having the same problem, i don't use trays tho. Im thinkin about just using a 3x3 piece of plywood covered with poly thats slightly tilted with a bucket on one side to catch runoff (maybe even just let it drain onto the floor if i wanna be lazy hehe)

I like the plywood idea, but i got carpet underneath my poly/cardboard so i don't think i could get away with that haha.

I too have some mazar's going, be watching yours for sure. I water my plants on a piece of pig fence over a bucket, all the runoff goes into the bucket and not all over my room. Good luck man.

Nice! I'll drop by your log and see how the Mazars are doing. Are any of them turning purple? What is pig fence? Thanks for the idea, i appreciate it.

quick run off question for you - if I'm looking at a "10%" run off, does that exactly equal 1 ltr run off per 10 ltr pot? - sounds like a dumb question I know, but I don't want any "surprises" either ;) ...Indeed wouldnt measuring the run off to 1 ltr be how I would tell I'd watered sufficiently in the first place?

EDIT - if this IS the case then I'm thinking a 1.5 ltr ice cream tub under the pot will work a treat ...slidey in...slidey out..

I may be mistaken, but i believe when they say 10-15% run off, i think that means that how ever much water you give them, 10-15% of that water should be going into your run-off bucket/reservoir. Don't quote me on that cause i think i'm wrong ahaha.

On a side note, the babies are doing really good. They're all developing their 2nd set of true leaves, and just bathin in that MH light. I'll either post some pics later tonight, or within the next day or so.

-peace

Latest posts

Latest posts