What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AN PH Perfect?

Wondering how it really was? Couldn't find anything recent on the matter (search came up with 2014 as the last post to do with it) Was wondering what y'all thought about the coco version of AN PH Perfect. Im looking for something simple this go around for now and that seemed good. mix out the nutes, and dont worry about having to ph anything.. soo... Thoughts??

L

larry badiner

you can use ph buffered nutrients, like floranova (not flora) or maxibloom

for the past year i havent been changing nutes in my ebb and flow system, i just pour (in short bursts, 3 tips of the bottle is 1 tablespoon in a quart bottle) nutrients into the rez and go about my day. the water is always ph'd to 6.5-7 and my plants are growing very healthy

~star~crash~

i've used the AN ph perfect nutes in the past and still do when i feel like it ... i don't know about anyone else but it really does make a difference when U don't need to bother with a ph/ec pen anymore ... it's significantly less work & for straight up chem >>> the formulations are effective...peace... not saying i love the company, but i appreciate the convenience

i've used the AN ph perfect nutes in the past and still do when i feel like it ... i don't know about anyone else but it really does make a difference when U don't need to bother with a ph/ec pen anymore ... it's significantly less work & for straight up chem >>> the formulations are effective...peace... not saying i love the company, but i appreciate the convenience

That's kinda what I want/need.... I have kids, i work 80 hours per week, so having to come home and do PH testing and all that is not only a chore but takes time from the plants AND the family.. I can just pour in water, and then check on the plants instead of sitting on mixing nutes/ph for an hour and then being to tired to really check on the plants like i should... What line of PH perfect do you use? I know there is the Micro/grow/bloom, but i seen there is a sensi a+b also? which do you recommend?

~star~crash~

u sound way too busy to be messing around checking PH every time u water ...you need a R/O filter so U have RO water and then i go 1/2 RO and 1/2 tap ... i mix at the recommended rates but i dont feed nearly as often as they direct because it's TOO much

i found the sensi grow line is excellent for the veg cycle and the connoisseur line is the one to use for bloom ... both of them are 2 part formulations ...peace

u sound way too busy to be messing around checking PH every time u water ...you need a R/O filter so U have RO water and then i go 1/2 RO and 1/2 tap ... i mix at the recommended rates but i dont feed nearly as often as they direct because it's TOO much

i found the sensi grow line is excellent for the veg cycle and the connoisseur line is the one to use for bloom ... both of them are 2 part formulations ...peace

I use rain water and have more than enough to go around.. i like the rain water over RO... as for the line you use thanks.. any issues with them at all?

Cvh

Supermod
I have done several succesfull grows with AN PH perfect Coco.
Very easy to use. No need for pH meassurement or adjustments.
It doesn't magically adjust the pH but it contains 'Chelated' nutrient salts.
Salts that are chelated are usuable by the plant in a wide pH range.
Google for Chelated nutrients for more info.

I have done several succesfull grows with AN PH perfect Coco.
Very easy to use. No need for pH meassurement or adjustments.
It doesn't magically adjust the pH but it contains 'Chelated' nutrient salts.
Salts that are chelated are usuable by the plant in a wide pH range.
Google for Chelated nutrients for more info.

Would there be any issue with me making the nutes in bulk? I have a 55gallon container that I use 1 for my nute mixture, and 1 for just plain water.. I have an bubbler in them to keep from getting stagnant. I just dont want to make a big batch (50 gallons worth, only to have it not beable to be used) my guess during mid veg, ill go through more than 1 55 gallon thing per week with nutes.

810FireFarm

i have read some reviews and people said Company reps told them to:

1. fill your res and PH it properly
2.Add ph perfect nutes

They said this will prevent ph drifting so much but the chelated nutrients remain available from like 5.0 - 8.0 or something crazy like that

SO apparently they work better if the REs is correct before you add them.....Ph perfect doesn't change the actual Ph, it just has nutrients available in a wide ph range so they dont get locked out.

i guess it makes sense that you still want to be optimal ph range regardless for the most efficient uptake of available nutrients.

also i guess its less effective at lower than recommended dosages per feeding......less buffer in res to stabilize means less stabilization, again kinda makes sense

i have read some reviews and people said Company reps told them to:

1. fill your res and PH it properly
2.Add ph perfect nutes

They said this will prevent ph drifting so much but the chelated nutrients remain available from like 5.0 - 8.0 or something crazy like that

SO apparently they work better if the REs is correct before you add them.....Ph perfect doesn't change the actual Ph, it just has nutrients available in a wide ph range so they dont get locked out.

i guess it makes sense that you still want to be optimal ph range regardless for the most efficient uptake of available nutrients.

also i guess its less effective at lower than recommended dosages per feeding......less buffer in res to stabilize means less stabilization, again kinda makes sense

hmm... Not PHing was the ONLY thing making me want to go that route lol... I normally would would mix up 50 gallons at a time. But with this system I was just going to keep the 50 gallon normal water (which I use rain water which is always in the safe range) and i was just going to throw the PH perfect nutes in, and move along my day lol

I've used AN nutes and additives for a good while now and I've never ph'd my water, nor does it say you need to on their website.

MrKline006. You don't want to make up anything you cant use within a week as things start to go funky after that

As long as your starting ph is between 4.8-8.5 all's good

I use the veg base nutes starting at 1ml and work up to 3ml p/l, full strength i get nute burn ( 4ml p/l ) Bloom i use at 3ml p/l throughout the phase. If you want to use their bloom boosters, they need to be at full strength

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts