What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dark purple bagseed.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I was just wondering. My purple bud plant from bagseed came from green bud with purple spots.
But those have solid purple leaves

Unk_OG

Purples

Purples

I was just wondering. My purple bud plant from bagseed came from green bud with purple spots.

I’ve grown/grow purple phenos of:
GDP
PCK
Purple Chem
Purple Punch
Triple Purple Doja

My GDP, PCK and the Doja are always purple bud, no matter what. The Chem and the Punch are always some shade of purple but, when I run it during winter when my room is a bit cooler, they are darker. It’s just the way colors work. Anthocyanins. I’ve had spinal surgery and I’m still a mess. 6 years undiagnosed, bad muscle damage. The purples seem to work best for my pains.

ManyManySpliffs

It has to do with the growers conditions (soil, environment, nutrients, etc) and most importantly the genetics. Two different growers can grow the same seed and get different results cause of the conditions. Now since you got that seed from a mid bud and genetically it had purple spots, whatever it got crossed with brought out more purple. That was genetics. It's the reason people breed and cross genetics to get the traits they like to come out more and traits they dont like less, but its all a gamble..