What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Well I bought 12 pounds of bacon today. I cant have a freezer that is not full. I may need a bigger freezer. One is only 19 cubic feet and the other 21 cubic feet.

I am have roast for dinner. Had a 4 pounder in the crock for 11 hours now. My wife asked what I wanted with it and I said nothing. To which she said you cant just have roast. I think she was afraid I wouldn't leave any for her.

Porking out huh?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally done trimming for today...

wedding cake
IMG_20240328_204718290_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240328_204721288_HDR.jpg

turning out to be a good round,still only finished with 8 of 18 plants....

imiubu

No. But I don't shit that much. Not much wasted when you eat meat. Your body consumes nearly all of it.

That roast was great. It tasted like meat. But she put some fungus like green stuff on my plate. I think that nasty stuff was called broccoli.

I've been eating primarily animal fats and protein for abt. 1 year now
and am healthier than... perhaps ever.
Doc did a CAC last year and my arteries are clean. Will do another
come this May to see if all the fat I eat actually has me gummed up.

I have lost approximately 75 lbs. of body fat and gained muscle mass.
At 5'4' and now at a buck 35, I have been digging up and hauling (96 total)
80+ lb pavers, which required me to then lift them into my wagon, haul
them up a steep hill then... up my driveway to be unloaded/ stacked
in the garage.
About half of those are now set into my landscaping project.
I have also dug up, loaded into my truck then unloaded approx. 400 lb's
landscaping stones. About half of those are now in place.
Shoveling/ hauling and placing about 500lbs of sand and limestone also.
Was nice this Winter so... I just kept working :)

I am no longer on BP meds. My blood work is phenomenal.
Pretty sure the doc is going to lower my thyroid meds in May also.
It is the only pharmaceutical I take and my goal is to not take it
going forward.

I just put a 13.2 cf freezer on layaway. Not big, but it's a start.
Another (of several) goal is to consume 1 locally grown cow each year.
+ stock up on meats + fats as much as possible.

:headbange

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I have two freezers. Mostly meat with a good amount of cheese. I do have some veggies in there for my wife. She doesnt digest meat all that well. But her health is shit.

Me my blood work is OK. I drink to much soda. But I will be off that sometime soon. Been weaning off. But I get headaches from the lack of caffeine. So just need to reduce it slowly. I had stopped but my wife gave me juice and ended up back to drinking soda. So I will just avoid the sweets this time and not get back on the soda. Did it before and I can do it again. Once off the soda my blood work will go back to being good.

I just feel so much better just eating meat and cheese. And If I eat that I can go for over a day with out getting hungry quite often. Not when I am roofing but when I am not doing heavy work.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I am having left over roast for breakfast. It is so yummy.

Went out flying this morning. Did touch and goes. So 9 landings. Had a temp instructor this morning. He said I was doing really really well for 17.2 hours. So I figure I must be doing well since I only have 16.4 hours.
what are you training in, a 152? I miss my plane the most since going poor...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...not too much to do in the garden today,aside from the endless trimming buffet...need to bin up the last harvest today,and do maybe a half dozen up-pots from 20oz cups to #1 pots...need to go grocery shopping today so i can be stuck at home all day tomorrow trimming again...fun!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
what are you training in, a 152? I miss my plane the most since going poor...
A RV12. A small plane. Maxes out at 1320 pounds. It is more responsive to the controls than a 152 because it is lighter. Bounces around more than the 152.

But I fly at 7 AM when there is not to much turbulence. Plus less people in the pattern. I flew this morning for 1.3 hours and did 9 landings. And that included start up, run up, and taxing to and from the runway.

This morning there was one person in the pattern with me for the last half of my flight time. I only had to extend once for a passenger plane taking off. Most of the time the only plane I meet is the FEDEX plane flying out just when I am taking of the first time.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See money dont grow on trees. It is the fruit of the marijuana plant.
i thought money was the fruit of awl weevil:devilish:

i do need to make more bubble soon,freezer is getting packed with trim...makes me wish i had one of those pollinators to avoid dealing with the mess of ice and water...
i see there's a bunch of dry sift in the trim tray,need to grab some little containers for that,makes a nice gift for certain custies....and i need to get some small mason jars for all the new new in the next round of trimming for my share...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like these little half pint jars so I'm not always opening the bigger ones.. same lids as the bigger onesI really need to whittle it down keeping 11 mother plants when I don't even really sell anymore is a bit much lol View attachment 18980516
exactly what i was thinking...i have 8 new strains from clone,and three strains from seed and 12 phenos total from the seed run plus two more clones yet to be run so lots of new new for me...and i probably won't get to keep much of the new stuff as i already have orders for a lot of it...speaking of which,time to get the last batch into totes for the ol' sweat and burp..had to stock up on brown paper bags to keep everything separate...