What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magical Butter Machine

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I was surfing and came upon this : http://magicalbutter.com/store

Magical Butter Machine. Cant find out much about it via the web, $150 and wat til March doesnt excite me.. the idea, however, does. Anyone ever hear or used one of these? What little I could find sounded like marketing propaganda. Self cleaning appeals to me too. It may be small for some but for me, perfect size..

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I never thought making cannabutter was all that intricate.

They said that crockpot and stovetop methods aren't accurate, but I know water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.

I quit reading after I looked at why they thought their product was necessary.

If they had been honest enough to just tell you that it saves you from stirring then I'd be fine with their program.

When do people grind up their herb for butter anyway?

I just don't see any benefit except them getting your money :)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran

They said that crockpot and stovetop methods aren't accurate, but I know water boils at 100 degrees Celsius.

If they had been honest enough to just tell you that it saves you from stirring then I'd be fine with their program.

I just don't see any benefit except them getting your money :)
You're right, grinding isnt good. ima lazy bastard but the crock pot will do, maybe for only 2 hours.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Lazy bastard!;-)

Lazy bastard!;-)

Well, I'm back, five years later, many batches of butter later and screw it, I have one coming in the mail.. They still want me to squeeze with my hand (nice glove though) I go with ricer press.. even includes fancy smancy decarbowhoknowhowtospeelit for decarbing before processing.. nothing to loose, well maybe $200. same pot every time, no water process, I think I'm going to like it.. Money is kinda like buying a better knife.. hope it does good and not end up on the pile like many other 'toys'.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
So, is or isn't it a glorified crockpot? What's the verdict, we've waited five years, lol.

insomniac_AU

So, is or isn't it a glorified crockpot? What's the verdict, we've waited five years, lol.
I've got money on the answer being yes.. :)

I just don't see any benefit except them getting your money
smile.gif
My crockpot holds way more than that for a start which means I can run a lot more in one go. Yeah the properties of water kind of make the process foolproof. As long as there is some water not much can go wrong.

I don't understand grinding either. To me all that is going to do is make it harder to squeeze out the butter from the waste. Each to their own I guess.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Yes, it is smaller than my crock pot but it's pay no attention to it until the 'juice' youre making is ready. On the stove I find I let water boil off (high and not remembering to top off water) and burning it.
I've only completed run one so far, with coconut oil. Filling to the 'minimum' line requires 2 cups of whatever including the buds. Being the MB newbie, I put 2 cups of coconut oil and an ounce of bud. It returned 7, 1/2 cups of oil but I usually mix (crock pot) 3 cups of water to 1 lb of ghee/CO and 1z. That returns almost 4, 1/2 cup portions. So by my calculations, each from MB machine and my miscalculations, should be half strength from my usual. They turned into xmas presents...

It came with decarb box and thermometer. The recommended temp setting is 160*F. But shouldn't I be able to run at 190*F for 8 hours or so and decarb while processing?

Bottom line, I like the convenience. Havent run oil yet but soon..
and have acquired all ingredients for pineapple gummy drops.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Well, 2nd run, coconut oil 1 cup, 2 cups of water (to meet minimum level requirement), 1oz A+ trim.

Decarbing to me is new territory but ok, I give it a go again.
but wait a minute, if i put it inda machine and put it on 200*F for 1 hour, should accomplish decarb.. GO... oh no! dont do that!
It steamed off the 2cups of water in about a half hour and 'mix' was running down the side of the machine.. shit. Add 2 cups of water, put it on 160*F for 2 hours as prescribed.. it looked like green curdled milk. Clogged up the 90micro bag almost immediately.. took almost an hour just to get it all disposed of and machine cleaned.. some of it still in the dishwasher.

Net time I'll try decarb box and their way of doing it. So far, the crock pot isnt looking so bad.. one day soon, oil. but have to get butter right first..

buzzmobile

Veteran
I've had my Machine for several years. Don't add water. Get some lecithin to add to the coconut oil and buds. The lecithin will distribute the THC evenly throughout the mix. I used to squeeze the filter bag to get the very last bit of oil, but I found that letting gravity work its magic makes for a cleaner end product.

I have an older machine without the 'decarb' function. I use the 190F set to two hours with fresh buds. My wife makes different cookies with the cannacoco oil. Any recipe that calls for 1 cup of butter/shortening works very well. Two cookies in the evening and sleepy time arrives about an hour or so later.

clearheaded

they are rebranded soup makers just little fyi. i agree with others using crock is just as easy. there is those neat looking keureg oil machines now. but again not sure it truly adds alot of convenience. but to each there own! cheers!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
they are rebranded soup makers just little fyi. i agree with others using crock is just as easy. there is those neat looking keureg oil machines now. but again not sure it truly adds alot of convenience. but to each there own! cheers!
Well, I have it now and will continue for a while to try to make it work...

BUT.. it has a blender built in that runs for a few second every few minutes thru out the process. Makes the decarbed bud into a paste that is so fine it clogs the bags silk screen almost immediately. Trying to squeeze the bag does nothing to unclog it. Will try gravity but not thinking its going to be very easy and cleaning the bag is a PITA, 2 trips thru the dishwasher after scrubbing in the sink first.

Fixed up

The main things I like about it are that the temp stays right on the money the whole time which most ovens do not do. If your oven fluctuates too much in can reduce the efficiency of your product. One thing I hate about edibles is the inconsistency. I don’t want to eat a cookie one day and feel a nice comfort relief and go for the same thing the next day with a lot of plans for the day and end up on the couch all day baked out of my mind.

That and your house doesn’t smell like the inside of Jeff Spicoli’s van.

I might try one.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I just bought a new 3 gallon crock pot. I'll do budda in it. 1z & 12oz of ghee in a covered jar in the crock pot w enough water to surround the jar completely for 24 hrs on high. No decarb. I get blasted enough on one cookie. I will however use it for production of RSO or MBO as they call it.

EDIT: and will look into making soup with it.:groupwave: