What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Botanicare Sweet

hoviej

anybody use this stuff during flowering with good results?? If so, how much should be mixed per gallon of water for and effective dose?

Psycho Paul

10-15ml per gallon of Botanicare Sweet in hydro starting from about week 3-week4 flower to about 3 weeks before chop is very common. Haven't used it myself, but some people swear by it.

D

Diamonddss

IF USING OTHER suppliments reduce to 7 or 8ml per gallon. Its really a substitute for mollasses for lzy folks like me. lol! it works but mostly for last 4 or 5 weeks

hoviej

thanks thanks.... well diamonddss im not using any other nutes....the plants are in soil medium and i had been waiting for them to get older before adding nutes. I am about 4 weeks into the grow and a few days ago one plant showed its preflowers. Like a dumbass, instead of adding general hydro bloom ferts i accidentally added gh grow ferts at that point along with a little bit botanicare sweet. The next morning my plants were pissed off at me and drooping badly, almost to the point of death, imo. I QUICKLY gave them a thorough flush and transplanted them to a new soil/water only medium. The next morning they were as prompt as could be, and loving life. So now, Im just a little bit iffy about this sweet stuff. I understand that it was probably the grow ferts that did this to my plants but i just needed a secong opinion. I also have carboload and koolbloom powder, should i use these in combo with the sweet??

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Sweet adds Mg and S to your mix. Sweet, like most carb products, is basically a substitute for molasses and epsom salt, but it's easier to apply.

dman16

sweet raw made my plants have a horrible generic taste between strains. i dont recommend it.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I've had good results with the GH Floranectar, pineapple rush. it makes the smells stronger and the end product burns better, makes the whole room smell good too from the bubbling barrels of it. I can't use molasses as it clogs my little 3mm Blumat lines.

Funny you ask, because I just noticed something about Sweet...accidentally:

Every previous grow of mine I have used Sweet, typically starting about halfway through Veg. On all these grows, after I flip to 12/12, I can usually sex the plants within 48 hours, but never more than 5 days.

Well this grow, I completely forgot to use it. Didn't have it, and didn't think to buy anymore. Well this time it took 7 to 8 days to sex my plants. BT states on their Sweet bottle that it helps with the transition phase. Was the longer sexing time due to lack of Sweet??? I don't know. All I know is it's the only thing that had changed in my nute profile, and my sexing time went from 2 to 5 days, to 7/8 days.

I firmly believe that Sweet helps with transitioning, but just because I believe it...doesn't make it so. Just wanted to share my experience.

As far as flowering, I've had nothing but great things while using it. Normally I use the berry flavor, but I cannot attest to any flavor enhancing from sweet. My smoke sure as shit didn't taste like berries!

kstampy

Didn't seem to help me any... made my wallet lighter though, now I just stick to grow/bloom/calmag+ nutes and some superthrive for my rockwool cubes to lower the ph of the soak water at the same time. My buds just seem to get bigger/tastier with experience and with the ideal environment/better equipment. I ran Ogre which has a very lemon fuel smell and flavor side by side with the citrus sweet (flood & drain trays) and there was no difference. Genetics prob have a lot to do with it as well as dialing in that specific strain. greentrich I wonder if your environment changed as well as not using sweet or your genetics changed? Not all strains pre flower the same. I would assume something with B1 (thrive alive etc) would be better for transitional phases? The best way to find out is to test it side by side yourself, you'll get every answer across the board from other people no matter who you ask for just about every nutrient out there. IMHO nutrients are a very small part of our hobby and If I were to use supplements again I would finish dialing in the strain I'm working with then add them one by one with lots of documentation, just throwin that stuff out there :)

G

Guest3498

Sweet adds mg and s to the mix, like shroomdr mentioned. Expect it to put your ec/ppm through the roof.

Lets put it this way: sweet will never be part of my nutrient regime ever again. It sucks to be honest... This is coming from someone who's been using PBP for years...

I don't want to have to feed less to add carbs during flower, and when I'm flushing with carbs adding nutes isn't my plan either. There are FAR superior carb products on the market. I use carboload and it's much, much better.

:2cents:

greentrich I wonder if your environment changed as well as not using sweet or your genetics changed? Not all strains pre flower the same. I would assume something with B1 (thrive alive etc) would be better for transitional phases? The best way to find out is to test it side by side yourself, you'll get every answer across the board from other people no matter who you ask for just about every nutrient out there. IMHO nutrients are a very small part of our hobby and If I were to use supplements again I would finish dialing in the strain I'm working with then add them one by one with lots of documentation, just throwin that stuff out there :)

Great points Kstampy...great avatar too :)!

The only thing that changed in my environment was watering method (converting from hand watering to drippers), and bumping up to a 600w from a 400w. Which, by all rights, could have something to do with it. Other than that...the strains are the same ones I've been growing for two years now.

I completely agree with your nute logic as well, being a small part of things. I use the same nutes you do: PBP gro/bloom, and calmag. After they were taking so long to sex, I remembered I wasn't using sweet, so I added it. Plants have not seemed to change, they just flowered as expected.

junior_grower

I run PBP grow, bloom and calmg. I have 3/4 of a bottle of sweet thats never going to get used. I have always used molasses and salts never had anything but good results. Sweet made the final product taste like shit after a proper flush it was fine, but with molasses I add right to the end no flush and never a bad taste.