What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Planning next season, already!

BagseedSamurai

:tiphat:

Next season I am going to build separate square raised beds. I was thinking 4ft. x 4ft. and about 2 - 3ft high. My native soil is sandy and lacks organic material so I will likely use a mix of native soil, high grade topsoil and worm castings. Going to put blinders on each side to give light, but also block some wind and view of the plants.

At 4 x 4 x 2.5, square footage of soil equals 33 feet of soil I believe. Is this enough to supply one plant to large sizes?

Any suggestions?

BagseedSamurai

Depending on my best indica this winter (inside) is what will be outside next spring. I am better on a few OPB, Some blue devil (c99 x blue moonshine). Possibly a red queen.

Probably going to get as close to Tom Hill's outdoor mix as I can.

bussibud

Genes sound good, soil sounds good, and the beds sound great! Beds provide more warmth for the roots too.

You should build a screen into the structure of the beds. If your really handy you could incorporate 6 mil plastic for a single season greenhouse.

Latest posts

Latest posts