What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Black Rose ~ Test Grow

S

SmokeMan

Hi Icmag , I wanted to document my test grow of Black Rose. These seeds should produce some amazing herb . These are F7. Stay tuned in for pictures and more details ..

-SmokeMan-

Attachments

• 0012.jpg
    0012.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 0020.jpg
    0020.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 0024.jpg
    0024.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 8
S

SmokeMan

This is the confirmed female

This is the confirmed female

last weeks pics. Im transplanting soon and she is going into flower.

Attachments

• 0009.jpg
    0009.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0028.jpg
    0028.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 0029.jpg
    0029.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
S

SmokeMan

So I ended up with 2 females and 1 male out of 5 seeds. the other 2 seeds just didnt make it to end somehow someway, my fault im sure.
I vegged the female I found for 1 month+ , i then transplanted her into a 18 gallon tub of coco. Now she is dark green and purple as can be from the inside out. She smells so fruity. Like some kind if fruity tree smell. I love it , not to mention all the early resin I see. All the calyxs are purple/maroon . Solid.

I pollinated the big female with her purple male stud. He's dropping dust everywhere right now.

Seeds will be harvested in about 5 weeks. Stay tuned in for the show..

Im so happy I finally found my purple girl. All thanks to the Genius himself HeathRobinson. He deserves all the credit for this highly inbred cross. He has done a great jon with Black Rose.

Now I am making a White Rose. I got 1 white plant fully seeded. My White cut x BlackRose Male. WhiteRose :dance013:

Here is how she looks right now.

Attachments

• 0169.jpg
    0169.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 0165.jpg
    0165.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 0146.jpg
    0146.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 0134.jpg
    0134.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 11
S

SmokeMan

more...

Attachments

• 0050.jpg
    0050.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 0170.jpg
    0170.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 0166.jpg
    0166.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 8
  • 0160.jpg
    0160.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
S

SmokeMan

btw, no cold temps at all in my grow. I got no a/c atm, and my day time temps are in the 80-90's , yup its hot.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very beautiful plant brotha smokin...A+ work homie.
peace-T-

S

SmokeMan

Thanks everyone, She is smelling so nice. Hard to describe but it captures your attention when you look at her flowers. I am mesmorized by her. New pics coming soon.

S

SmokeMan

Update Time

Update Time

I wanted to report some noticable things I am seeing in the 2 BR females I got. One of them is the big(1) bush and the other is the one main cola plant(2).

One thing I noticed is that these plants have a sweet berry fruit type of smell. Very exotic. Its totally new to me. Its hard to pin point exactly what it smells like but I know I smell blackberries or something.. exotic is all I can describe it as.

Also out of the 2 females both are purple form day 1 of calyxs but now because I have seeds the bush the bush is now going from purple on the inside to pink on the outside. Looks purple with lots of pink all over. Some tips of the calyxs are green but not many.

The Trich production is heavy and thick. Nothing insane. But its covering the buds with frost. I see lots of it everywhere. All the buds water leafs are covered in it to.

The buds are rock hard and compact, feels like it will be weigh up okay,. Doesnt look to be getting massive but it does look good. I see alot of chunky buds coming from these plants..

It seems BR does nt like to be overwatered. The second(2) plant sat in its own water in its tray for 1 day and the next day it had some curls all on the top of the plant. I will get some pics of her sexy purple buds but the top isnt so sexy with those under leaf curls. Its growing out of it slowly but now I know it doesnt like to sit in its own water too long.

Attachments

• 0031.jpg
    0031.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 0039.jpg
    0039.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 0023.jpg
    0023.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 0046.jpg
    0046.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 6
S

SmokeMan

More pics..

Attachments

• 0020.jpg
    0020.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 0021.jpg
    0021.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 0040.jpg
    0040.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 11

cjensen11

Those look amazing, i would love to get a hold of a cut of that. Do you know more info on the strain? Its so beautiful! You are doing a great job, ill definitely be checking back! Feel free to comment on my grow, advice is always appreciated.

S

SmokeMan

Those look amazing, i would love to get a hold of a cut of that. Do you know more info on the strain? Its so beautiful! You are doing a great job, ill definitely be checking back! Feel free to comment on my grow, advice is always appreciated.

Thanks for the props CJ , Its all in the genetics. Im growing them in coco and perlite with the canna lineup, now I want to run them in soilless and see what it do..

As far as more info on this strain. I dont know much. But this info was posted on another thread I got on this strain. Check it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Robinson

Here is a little run down on the latest seed run of the Black Rose, Years ago I became obsessed with the beauty of purple strains, unfortunately at that time most of the purple strains were not very purple or potent!.

I decided I would create a strain which looked beautiful but also had a decent yield and was potent. So here we are with the Black Rose whose parents were cherry A47 pheno x Somablaze blackberry (Black Russian) crossed to a purple female Shiva Skunk. This latest batch of seeds are now at the F7 stage so things are getting pretty much where I want them to be.

Dude is a legend. He Deserves all the credit for this strain. Alot of growers are growing this strain because of him but he told me no one ever made a decent grow thread on it. So here I am :dance013: I am trying to make him proud .

~News Flash everyone~ I am just a regular grower. He blessed me with the oppurtunity to grow these . I am now keeping her around for ever. I got some original seeds plus the seeds I am making now, I will always have some purple growing now . I am working on making Feminized BR so we will see what happens in the future. My dream is a room full of Potent Purple. Im pheno hunting with my new seeds to find a killer keeper! Right now I only got 1 keeper in clone and I havnt smoked her. But as far as I am concerned she will smoke the way I want as long as I let it mature. Im all about letting a plant finish and live its life to the fullest. I think the best smoke comes from the plants I cut after 70-90 days. Nothing under 65 except TheWhite and ChemDizzy is potent enough for me. All my other strains need to go at least 70+ to be anywhere near where I want my smoke to be.

Smoke Report coming in less than 2 months.

If people post I will post more pics. A few more for now.

Attachments

• 0024.jpg
    0024.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9
  • 00022.jpg
    00022.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 9
S

SmokeMan

Ok so now I am on day 48 . She is looking done but no way I am cutting anytime soon. She LOOKS done but is not. Her trichs are a mix of cloudy and clear, no amber. So she will grow until amber is present. Im still feeding her. I noticed that if I keep her fed she stays dark. If I lighten up she stays the same and doesnt get dark, as soon as I feed the next day she is darker. I am starting to see dark black purple calyxs. She is just getting darker everyday. I wonder how she will look when I start flushing in the next few days.

Pic time, Put your sunglasses on, she is bright with shiny trichomes :smoker: