What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fan + Filter

S

Sirus

I purchased a 4" Phresh Filter and a 4" Vortex. Whats the best

way to attach them? Will be hanging in a DR100L. I plan to

exhaust directly.

mayorofthdesert

Whatever you do don't have the fan sucking air through the filter with a flex hose joining them. For my cabinet I put the fan up in the attic and had the filter inside the cab. Something covered the cabinet's intake & the resulting loiw pressure caused the flex duct to collapse sealing off the fan which kept chugging away getting hot as hell.

S

Sirus

I was wanting to join them together..the Vortex fits nicely into

the Phresh Filter but how do you keep them together? The

Phresh Filter says the flange is included but unless its already

attatched all I got was the pre-filter and a couple of straps.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
DR100 hell yeah I have one too. Give this a shot for air cleaning....

picture.php

-Funk

reckon

I have almost the exact same setup, but I went with rigid metal ducting for better airflow.

they also make a flex duct that has much smaller fluting, so you get better air flow

I personally hate those flexi dryer ducts, if your fan has some ooomph, it sucks the ducting "closed" and really restricts the airflow

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
Hey funk, nice set up. Do you have the bend in the tube to reduce on purpose because of neg pressure in room?

S

Sirus

My setup is basically the same as Funk, and when I run the fan

on high it creates just enough negative pressure...not sucking in

the sides of the tent but a noticable difference when

closed. :good:

Latest posts

Latest posts