What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

StealthDragon's Micro Multi Perpetual Boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Hello ICMag! For nearly a year now I've been studying tons of grows here on ICMag. I've been inspired by a great many people and I'm hesitant to list any because I know I'll leave some out :(. DrBudGreengenes and Thundurkel, microRU, Scrubninja, Aerohead, Mr_Micro, D.I.trY and Blynx to name a few....(with links to their inspirational grows)

I run a pair of speaker boxes, one for up to 4 mother plants, and the other is for cloning and "preveg"

the "motherbox":

^^run by dual cfls, currently an 18w warmwhite and a 23w daylight (sorry I can't remember all the kelvin #'s). Ventilation by a single pc fan rigged to an old cellphone charger. Intake channels from the front and back out through the front as well. This speakerbox was made first and took probably ~75 hours of work. There is also a piece of glass that fits in the "hood" but after completion realized that I didn't need it, and it has been removed for now. Both speakers have been equiped with PC powersupply plugs, ripped from old pc's and mounted on the lower back corner. A single plug for each speakerbox makes it easy to transport or whatever if necessary. This speakerbox is completely silent and stealth.

the "clonebox":

^^ the clone box is powered by a single 23w daylight cfl, ventilation is basically the same as the motherbox, intake from the front comes in a passive intake at the bottom of the box and exhausted by a single pc fan back out the front. It also holds a small air pump, to an airstone, to a little sidewalk chalk container converted into a bubble cloner. I must have stumbled around walmart for hours, stoned off my ass looking for the perfect container. I needed something exactally the size of 2 20oz Mt Dew containers side by side. The chalk container fit the bill perfectly.

This box was made 2nd and took about 5 hours to build, basically overnite, and I made this one right side up!! lol. This one makes a little noise from the bubbler, which I plan to get rid of soon and switch to cloning directly in soil with gel, for the quiet factor and I think it will save me a week or so on the cycle.

I learned alot making the first speaker and this one was a breeze. The intakes on both speaker boxes are not as large as I would like them to be, but they work so they have remained unmodified for now.

I also run two PC grows. The first PC which I just finished remodeling, is used for a vegetative box and will occasionally be used for flowering when necessary. The second PC is a cold cathode grow(ccfl), which is really just a test of the lights to see what they can do. The ccfl grow can also be found/seen in Scrubninja's ccfl threads, also there is much discussion of ccfl lights and ideas for them in those threads also.

The "veg" PC:
<Scrublouver!
^^ The veg PC is run by a single "bluemax" 70w cfl..4 pin..high output...yadda yadda. I bought it about 2 years ago, pre ICMag. A good bulb/ballast, but I totally overpaid. PL-L's next time for sure ;) There are also 2 ccfl's in there but I need to wire them into the timer still...lol and I'm lazy. This one makes a little noise(about a 3 foot range), and has a fan sticking out the back otherwise totally stealth.

There is a total of 4 PC fans running circulation and exhaust, the 2 at the front exhaust out of the "trapdoor" which just has a cheap piece of the carbon sheet filter stuff, which I think will work fine for veg. The front also houses the 2A DC adapter which runs the 2 front fans and ccfl's. The power supply (passive intake)has been gutted and has the powerstrip directly soldered to the "pc plug". Another cheap piece of carbon sheet inside, works as a lighttrap and air filter. A small fan for circulation rests in the powersupply housing. There is a "real" carbon filter I made below the powersupply on the back wall with it's fan mounted outside the pc. Another passive intake is on the lower front where you see the Scrubninja light trap. This box is also run from a single "pc plug" on the back and has no other cords hanging out.

The ccfl PC:

^^ the ccfl "test pc" runs 6 12" cold cathode lights, off of a 2A dc adapter which is housed on the back of the pc, also on the back are dual external pc fans pulling through small carbon filters running @ 5v. All 3 ccfl "ballasts" are mounted in the front of the pc, under the front piece. This creates a little excess heat, but temps still stay under 85 or so. The 2 blue ccfls have small magnets attached so they will stick the pc walls for easy adjusting.

I run the majority of my flowering in yet another cab, the back of a desk. I chopped 4 inches off of the back of each drawer and made a false back on a regular 'ole computer desk, creating a 6"x2'x2' false compartment on the back side of it.

The desk:

^^The desk is lit by 4x 26w warmwhite cfls. passive intake/lighttrap on bottom. Exhaust is run by a single 90mm (?) pc fan exhausting into a pencil holder style diy carbon filter which is located behind the false back of the single drawer on the other side- (ya know where you put yer feet under the desk? behind that drawer). Another 2nd small fan blows across the bulbs towards the filter. Small utility room on the bottom left with a powerstrip/timer/DC stuff. I also occasionally dry in this box since it has the best filter. Painted flat white on the inside. Hood built from a piece of aluminum heat vent stuff with 4 holes in it which the 4 cfls hang from vertically. Completely stealth.

I will be more then happy to discuss building process or how ventilation works or whatever you guys want to know. Without ICMag I never would have been able to build this stuff. Don't be shy, I'd like to give back as much as I can to the community and hopefully inspire a few people just as I've been inspired by the many masters here at IC.

Thank you ICMag.

Happy holidays to all! :xmasnut:

Last edited:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Here's a bit of what my little boxes produce:
album.php

and here's a pic of the "veg" pc just a few days ago before being remodeled.

^^This one had a carbon filter built into the power supply. It also had a wall built inside which I installed a small piece of glass. This created a small chamber in the utility room which I was going to use for breeding since it was sealed from the rest of the box and had it's own filter/airflow. I remodeled before I got a chance to use it :( . It had 2x26w bulbs, it worked great actually, produced some really tight buds, but I wasn't satisfied with the headroom and I'm always upgrading stuff. I love to build and design stuff almost as much as I like to grow. Besides, that 70w cfl was just sitting around for a year..I had to put it to use!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
:)

:)

Thanks for stopping by Crake :wave:

Hi Miss Cheesebuds, welcome to the thread and thanks for the compliment. I think of myself as more of a builder than a grower, but hopefully my growing skills will catch up to my design skills :)

Stay tuned happyguy, I'll add more pics and details of the desk as it fills up. Have some :lurk:

P

Paranoid one

I see a few ideas you got from micro ru on your old veg cab. :)
Wonderful work. You should throw this into your sig!

By the way, you have been added to my inspiration list along side every person you named there!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to you!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Bravo, bravo. I love the Bluemax thing - I saw some PL bulbs like that. You're ahead of the game, bro :yes: It's been a real pleasure conversing with you all this time, thanks for showing us your collection! Season's greetings :santa1:

Awesome micros SD! :yes: also i like your choice in music in that veg cab haha. only ones i can read are modest mouse (my most listened to band id have to say) and masters of reggae :rasta:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
Sammet, Jenkins, Paranoid one... welcome and happy holidaze.

Welcome Scrubninja!:bow: man the bluemax lamp sucked to take apart, lots of sawing and stuff. but the bulb is great and produces some pretty dense buds.

:headbange Mindgrenade - I listen to pretty much everything. I used to say I listen to everything but polka music, but I recently found a polka song I like.

?6x9 - the hydro thing is just plain water with an airstone for clones.

:window:

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
just a quick update on the ccfl pc. The buds are bulking up better then I thought they would.
how do I make my pictures bigger? I set it as "original only" but they still show up small?

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hmmm that should work if you just click them so it inserts the code automatically. Otherwise you have to go to the full image and copy it's location and paste it into the
insertimage.gif
button (hopefully you see the Insert Image icon)

You got trees there :D

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
ok, I think I got it figured. Thanks Scrub.

....desk photos and 2nd post are updated. Also added front and back pics of the PCs.

K

kidkannabis

Amazing handyman skills SD! Way to score one for the micro-growers!!

StealthDragon

Recovering UO addict.
Veteran
superpedro, thanks! I'm a big admirer of your grows.

Thanks kidkannabis :)

My superskunk is starting to get some nice reds on the edges. I thought it looked cool, I've grown this strain out a few times now and haven't gotten color like this. I'm not sure exactly what caused it. Sorry bout the crappy quality.

C

cyber echo

Nice micro grow.

You should checkout AF strains they're kickass for micro grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.