What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Accidental Reveg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Six weeks into bloom, leaves began growing out of the tops of some apical buds. The problem was that the light timer had switched to a veg schedule and the plants had begun to reveg. There is no precise way to know how long this has been going on other that the extent of new leaf growth. Most of the grow seems visually unaffected. Any predictions on the outcome?
picture.php
picture.php

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
No idea. Some strains are very sensitive to shock and might Hermi on you. Other strains could care less when you throw them back into flower again. The leaves look somewhat Sativa though. What strain is it?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
No idea. Some strains are very sensitive to shock and might Hermi on you. Other strains could care less when you throw them back into flower again. The leaves look somewhat Sativa though. What strain is it?

This one is from Chunky Pigs. It's Fire OG x Cookie Boi.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
looks like it's about 3 weeks into reveg to me, bummer, how did that happen?

The timer switched modes somehow. Not sure exactly how long in reveg.

Definitely hash in the worst case.

There are some new pistils on the buds and no hermies. I'm going to let them run and see how it plays out. I'm by no means a botanist, but it seems that there is possibly an upside to altering the photo cycle. Probably not on this grow. Hey, allot of "great discoveries" are in fact accidents. Look at all the years of pot before seedless.

Frankenbud.

picture.php

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's around 3 weeks off time, likely more.

The rest of the flower will continue to deform up until the end of your next stretch period. In the end you will have spent almost double the resources for a larger hashplant, more prone to pathogen, with weak dense growth made of a jumble of over ripe old flower and new larfy microbud.

Continuing doesn't make sense unless you have no reload.

A plant properly revegged will produce a nice crop, but it typically requires heavy pruning of the foliage and a root trim or eventual transplant to alleviate root binding.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
decades of putting clones out too soon in the spring have shown this to be no great discovery but perhaps the bottoms will finish somewhat if you keep them in 12/12.

when did you flip them the 1st time?

I smoked branches pulled at 5 and 6 weeks for the show last weekend that quick dried and still caught a buzz so maybe those will have some value as smoke now, they look about that far along to me.

what plant is that last picture? looks like it was going to be dope, did you save a cutting? if not you are on track to get some soon off it...

i'll bet you changed that timer when you installed the LEDS no?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They were flipped 11-4. There's a good chance that was it on the LED change over. The timers with a single button push for bloom or veg are a bad design. Too easy for this to happen. Anyway, it's a rookie mistake that costs. Sucks, but lessons learned.

That plant was the Fire OG x Cookie Boi.

I do have some well developed mothers, same strains, ready to flip with cuts taken.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen worse.

Nothin' doing but to pull up your britches and plow forward.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
so did you cut them or what? the branches I cut to take to the harvest cup were at 5 and 6 weeks and they all got me high...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Chopped them all. Flowers drying now. Haven't tried any yet.

Mikell made allot of sense, wasted resources on big hash plants. I have a bunch of very well developed mothers ready to flip, so it was an easy choice.

Last edited: