What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fedora 17

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was bestowed some Fedora 17 hemp, a monoecious genotype. Who has worked on this on a small scale (not acres) and any info is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For some general informations please see link in my signature ;) .

To be nitpicking: Fédora 17 (often only referred to as Fedora) is not 100% monoecious but female predominant which means that in this case it's half females half monoecious plants. I couldn't figure out it's lineage or the original breeder though ;( . It's possibly a Fibrimon hybrid similar to Fédora 19 and many other currently available female predominant varieties.

Fédora 17 was and still is the most popular monoecious variety in Switzerland (maybe because for many years it was the only variety in the national seed catalogue) and probably the most popular of any hemp variety currently grown there. Several Swiss farmers (with usually small fields) have internet sites with practical advices and infos (though not always scientifically correct). But you'd need to be fluent in German (and/or sometimes French).
Fédora 17 is still very popular in France too. Not entirely sure if it's still the case that a good part of hemp grown in central France actually is Fédora 17 or if other lower THC varieties are taking over. If you're fluent in French, the homepage of the biggest French hemp cooperation is well made.
It's also cultivated in Germany but to a lesser degree... maybe they don't know how to get the ´ on the e but don't want to admit it :D . Seriously, I suppose it's just not that well suited for the climate a few hundred kilometres northwards.
[/FONT]

I see this strain for sale on a popular hemp website. Have heard good things about it in terms of CBD content...at least for an industrial hemp strain. Beyond that I can't say much other than the name is hilarious ;)

Gry

OT: The word fedora comes from the title of an 1882 play by dramatist Victorien Sardou, Fédora, which was written for Sarah Bernhardt.[11] The play was first performed in the United States in 1889. Bernhardt played Princess Fédora Romazov, the heroine of the play. During the play, Bernhardt – a noted cross-dresser – wore a center-creased, soft brimmed hat.

Last edited:

weedtoker

Veteran
I was inside a 1,5/2 acre tester, last year, and I've got only one thing to warn, if you're in a mediterranean subclimate, you're THC levels may go beyond 0.3% on those Fedoras. Don't know your purpose/intention, but thought I might give a warning, be safe out there!

cheers