What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do you prefer medicinal marijuana to pain killers?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
it went like this...
lost job
lost insurance job provided
lost house
broke, so no doctor no insurance no prescriptions
15 year addiction
up in a puff of smoke!
smoke i could grow myself.
that eased me off of dilaudid, methadone, and benzodiazapam without taking my life while at the same time making me feel good.
opiates are hell and gone

be well

Dankdude

A figment of your imagination
Mentor
Being that I happen to be a recovered heroin addict, the last thing I need in my life are opioids.

wasgedn

im with you [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]canadacannabis...they bombing innocent pure farmers and their families...
war on drugs is war on people...
its all made up...

it should be all legalized and controlled by the people and not controlled by bigtimers...
it would not raise addicts it would calm the numbers down...

kurds and pkk have much of income from h....and in my opinion its alright cause they got no other options left..and how much revolutions got paid by drugs in the past.....

on other site of the planet :
watch docu ...its on the open...
[/FONT]
Cartel Land (2015)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4126304/
about autodefensas...what the US puppets -/elite did to this med doctor who did start autodefensas which is now another today's small groups cartel....

[/FONT]

wasgedn

seems half of heroin addicts in US are former pain killer perception victims..
met a former soldier which is living in EU now.

wasgedn

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Being that I happen to be a recovered heroin addict, the last thing I need in my life are opioids
when you would have accident and must have operation you back on opioids in a sec...
thats were opioids should belongs only -operation and cancer or heavy sick patients..and not every housewife bla bla...missing only they bring back babiturade...
electro shok therapy in asylum is back btw...they recovered it ...its cheap..
[/FONT]

I was a pill head in high school. Percocet was the first one introduced to me, didn't think much of it. Tried oxycontin nasally and got hooked instantly. Progressed to H. It was hell getting off but I did it with the help of weed. I do have chronic pain and insomnia and weed works better for the latter for sure. It is a good painkiller in terms of I don't really notice the pain but it's not like strong opiates were you literally can't bust a nut cause your whole body is numb. The years I spent on opiates were the worst of my life and I would for sure be in a much better spot in my life had i never fucked with them

I for sure am addicted to weed and please no hippy shit about how weed can't be addicting. Anything can be addicting and if you smoke as much weed as I do you do get both mental and physical withdrawal but it's fucking nothing compared to opiates and...

Weed is very easy to source and very affordable for me. Can't remember the last time I had trouble having weed to smoke. You can be poor and still afford to be a pot head. Especially of you can grow outdoors

Last edited:
And weed is a great painkiller but let's also get real here. If you get out of a major surgery, you need opiates to kill the pain. Weed will help a But, but nowhere close to as much as opiates. There's no denying how well they work on pain

Look into EMDR therapy for PTSD. Changed my life. Most anti psychotic/hypnotic drugs are not good for you.
I should know. My father was the worlds largest manufacturer.(ELi Lilly) Take A wild guess wether or not we got along?! haha weed for the win!

You realize you basically just gave away your real identity to the whole internet, right?

Wouldn't be hard to find out who you are now that you announced the name of your father....

Hope you haven't posted anything you don't want the law knowing my brother

CaptainDankness

And weed is a great painkiller but let's also get real here. If you get out of a major surgery, you need opiates to kill the pain. Weed will help a But, but nowhere close to as much as opiates. There's no denying how well they work on pain

Liquor for the win!! I fell through a trailer floor straight to the basement laughed like a bastard and didn't feel shit until the next morning. Lol

One 5mg percocet makes me nauseated for hours, totally negating any relief from pain it gives me. Not so with cannabis. Case closed for me.

Green Squall

I've wondered about this. I've seen people refuse pain meds for some pretty intense injuries, but with a major surgery, you really have no choice. I wonder what the chances are for a major relapse?

~star~crash~

i've had scripts for hydrocodone (once for dislocated shoulder & once for laparoscopic hernia surgery) and i'm glad for it no way marijuana could have killed that pain

MedicalMilitia

Many people have very different reasons for smoking joint. Mine is for recreational and medicinal reasons. What is/are yours?

It's not harmful like painkillers are and not near as addictive. It's just the healthier option in every way in my opinion. I take 4x ~80mg capsules everyday, and I also vape with my tower vaporizer.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Hydrocodone makes me extremely restless, causes stomach cramping, and makes me feel itchy. Codeine and opiates make me feel dizzy and causes nausea for me. I'm lucky for that in a way because opioid/opiate addiction is no joke. Just wish the legal and social issues with cannabis weren't so complicated.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've wondered about this. I've seen people refuse pain meds for some pretty intense injuries, but with a major surgery, you really have no choice. I wonder what the chances are for a major relapse?
It depends. Have they've corrected the mental/physical issue which created their addiction in the first place? Yes? Chances are good they won't have any issues. No? Very good chance they'll have a relapse.

Gry

Grabbed by a pitt bull while pouring water.
11 days in ICU with 3 surgeries.
Gave me a morphine pump, but I had a jar of decarbed extract at home, which I had a friend bring.
Stitches in and all around my mouth, I put about 300 mg on a piece of paper so I could pour it in my mouth and just let it absorb there.
Works well enough to skip the morphine pump.
Key is to keep dosage high and even.
Was a frozen quick wash of bubba crossed with skywalker,
decarbed using the process shared by 'badkittysmiles' ;
https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
Opiates felt like a merry go round from hell to me.
Hash tea is real comfortable.

XXX_710

Opiates are not a long-term solution. Taking opiates for an extended period of time, means less and less pain relief as you body makes more pain receptors. Only increase your opiate dose to increase physical activity/exercise/physical therapy. Once your body gets stronger, your body will cope better, then you can step down or get back off of them.

Opiates are fantastic for acute pain. Don't burn that bridge, as you may need them again someday. Burn that cannabis and be well!

They both have their place, as they fight pain in totally different ways. Cannabis is good at relaxing muscle spasms, fighting nausea & taking your mind off the pain while opioids just numb your mind & body to the pain via the CNS. Opioids tend to CAUSE nausea while cannabis prevents/lessens it, which is a positive for weed.

However, I have anxiety that's worsened significantly by THC so that's a big drawback for me. But when I'm dying of endometriosis-induced cramps, fighting back the urge to vomit & faint, a few hits off the pipe can really be a life saver. Nothing calms uterine spasms like cannabis. (Sorry if TMI but 'tis true).

When taken RESPONSIBLY, opiates are not nearly as dangerous as they're made out to be...they don't cause chronic organ damage like alcohol or cigarettes, don't cause cancer nor birth defects in babies... It's just the addiction/overdose thing that makes them so risky. Weed is also safe when used responsibly by mentally stable people. But since pot lacks the overdose risk I'd say it's safer than opiates in that regard, so that's another point for weed :)

TL;DR - It depends on the type of pain & your personal needs. Both are good for different situations.

Latest posts

Latest posts