What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabinoids kill cancer

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It doesn't work!

It doesn't work!

Very interesting! I am praying it works on my colon cancer!

If you read the article they indicate it doesn't work. It's Petri dish science.

The guys website is bogus.

Go figure, maybe they can sell you something :dance013:

Galaxy420

If you read the article they indicate it doesn't work. It's Petri dish science.

The guys website is bogus.

Go figure, maybe they can sell you something :dance013:

cannabinoids are neuro-modulatory lipids and science has shown without doubt how cannabinoids regulate/modulate the cell surface... if the cell surface has cancer then cb receptors are newly created to modulate that cell... if the cell is beyond saving then signalling is cut off on the surface via the receptors to kill the cell... while cells with cancer are targeted cells with no cancer are not targeted at all from the cannabisnoids, they congregate to the cancerous cell to regulate it and kill it if need be- apoptosis

So, the cannabinoids are crystalline molecular structures that communicate with the Sphingolipids to signal intracellular pro-homeostasis regulatory messages for your very survival

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
The problem is delivering it to the Cancer

The problem is delivering it to the Cancer

cannabinoids are neuro-modulatory lipids and science has shown without doubt how cannabinoids regulate/modulate the cell surface... if the cell surface has cancer then cb receptors are newly created to modulate that cell... if the cell is beyond saving then signalling is cut off on the surface via the receptors to kill the cell... while cells with cancer are targeted cells with no cancer are not targeted at all from the cannabisnoids, they congregate to the cancerous cell to regulate it and kill it if need be- apoptosis

So, the cannabinoids are crystalline molecular structures that communicate with the Sphingolipids to signal intracellular pro-homeostasis regulatory messages for your very survival

The problem with Petri Dish science...

If you isolate cancer cells in a Petri Dish, from a lab rat, etc.

Many substances will kill cancer, if I piss in the Petri Dish it will kill cancer.

It's the delivery that is the problem. How do you piss on the cancer?

Sorry but that is the answer.

Galaxy420

Many substances will kill cancer, if I piss in the Petri Dish it will kill cancer.

we have gone further than petri dishes in identifying the ECS and it's regulatory role in living cells.. simply identifying endocannabinoid deficiency in people is leading to healing results using mimicry cannabinoids from cannabis to boost heir failing system...
yes, delivery is a bitch! IMO, get as many cannabinoids in you as possible and let your body work it out.... not sure if you have realize it but we make endogenous cannabinoids via omega three and omega six fat... it is arachodonic acid that gets converted over to endocannabinoids... look at peoples diets and see how lacking they are to make these endogenous cannabinoids to regulate homeostasis...

I'm trying to piece this all together and finding new answers daily as to why a person could be better when they introduce cannabimimetics into their biology

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

You're confusing cells dying due to toxic environment vs. an active heal/kill discrimination process. Regardless of these study results, chemo should still be a last resort.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have a different perspective..

I have a different perspective..

You're confusing cells dying due to toxic environment vs. an active heal/kill discrimination process. Regardless of these study results, chemo should still be a last resort.

I spent about half of my life working in the Medical Software industry. I was a Director in a Fortune 50 Medical Software company which determined the appropriateness of Medical Procedure (protocols), we also had another software product which rated "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Doctors ". I was also a Director in the largest Clinical Trails company in the world.

I don't agree that Chemotherapy should be the last resort.

The "Best Outcomes" to cure cancer is surgery if it is possible. The biggest issue is that most Cancer is not diagnosed soon enough to get the cancer before it spreads.

I know many people who have been cured by surgery NED (No Evidence of Disease), these are the lucky 🍀 people. Often this is not the case.

The reason for Pre-operative "Radiation and Chemotherapy" is usually to shrink the tumor so surgery can be successful. Taking it out without further spread. In some cancers where surgery is not possible "Radiation and Chemotherapy" may be the only viable option.

One of the issues is that microscopic cancer cells may remain and are undetectable. A good reason for Chemotherapy.

A good example of Chemotherapy curing cancer would be the brain cancer of former president Jimmy Carter. His cancer was cured by the Chemotherapy drug "Keytruda". This is a targeted drug which works on specific cancers (not many). The drawback is the cost, about $12,500 per shot.

One microscopic cancer cell can migrate throughout your body and start a "New" cancer. Cancer is generally not detectable until millions have formed. This is why many patients opt for continued Chemotherapy.

Early diagnosis is the key.

I have Cancer which has recurred. I probably will never be "NED". I'm working on "PFS", Progression Free Survival waiting for a cure. It's working for me. My last PET/CT Scan showed remission of my tumor and no spread. There is a good chance of survival for an extended length of time, with the inconvenience of Chemotherapy.

I wish Medical Marijuana could cure my cancer, but I cannot bet my life on it.

I urge everyone with diagnosed cancer to check out the American Cancer Society website csn.cancer.org which has forums for the many different types of cancer. It's a good place to start learning from cancer survivors about your cancer.

A Geometry Professor once reminded me of the first theorem of geometry.

WWMIT - Wishing Won't Make it True.

Galaxy420

I spent about half of my life working in the Medical Software industry. I was a Director in a Fortune 50 Medical Software company which determined the appropriateness of Medical Procedure (protocols), we also had another software product which rated "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Doctors ". I was also a Director in the largest Clinical Trails company in the world.

I don't agree that Chemotherapy should be the last resort.

The "Best Outcomes" to cure cancer is surgery if it is possible. The biggest issue is that most Cancer is not diagnosed soon enough to get the cancer before it spreads.

I know many people who have been cured by surgery NED (No Evidence of Disease), these are the lucky 🍀 people. Often this is not the case.

The reason for Pre-operative "Radiation and Chemotherapy" is usually to shrink the tumor so surgery can be successful. Taking it out without further spread. In some cancers where surgery is not possible "Radiation and Chemotherapy" may be the only viable option.

One of the issues is that microscopic cancer cells may remain and are undetectable. A good reason for Chemotherapy.

A good example of Chemotherapy curing cancer would be the brain cancer of former president Jimmy Carter. His cancer was cured by the Chemotherapy drug "Keytruda". This is a targeted drug which works on specific cancers (not many). The drawback is the cost, about $12,500 per shot.

One microscopic cancer cell can migrate throughout your body and start a "New" cancer. Cancer is generally not detectable until millions have formed. This is why many patients opt for continued Chemotherapy.

Early diagnosis is the key.

I have Cancer which has recurred. I probably will never be "NED". I'm working on "PFS", Progression Free Survival waiting for a cure. It's working for me. My last PET/CT Scan showed remission of my tumor and no spread. There is a good chance of survival for an extended length of time, with the inconvenience of Chemotherapy.

I wish Medical Marijuana could cure my cancer, but I cannot bet my life on it.

I urge everyone with diagnosed cancer to check out the American Cancer Society website csn.cancer.org which has forums for the many different types of cancer. It's a good place to start learning from cancer survivors about your cancer.

A Geometry Professor once reminded me of the first theorem of geometry.

WWMIT - Wishing Won't Make it True.

if there were a cancer cure then that society would not want it! they are donation money based on not finding the cure! what would become of that $ociety if there were a cure? I cannot tell you or anyone for that matter how important it is to research your ECS! if you want to fix cancer then fix your ECS!ecs is your cancer defense system

Galaxy420

This has been known for decades. Nixon nixed it...

It would be interesting to research how many lives might have been saved from crippling/deadly diseases due to the war on a harmless plant.

and here it is...........

The Shafer Commission, formally known as the National Commission on Marihuana and Drug Abuse, was appointed by U.S. President Richard Nixon in the early 1970s. Its chairman was former Pennsylvania Governor Raymond P. Shafer

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Research is important..

Research is important..

if there were a cancer cure then that society would not want it! they are donation money based on not finding the cure! what would become of that $ociety if there were a cure? I cannot tell you or anyone for that matter how important it is to research your ECS! if you want to fix cancer then fix your ECS!ecs is your cancer defense system

I agree research is very important and the Endocannabinoid System is a good start place to start.

I have a friend who attended St. George's Hospital Medical School (the one mentioned in the link) often referred to as the worst medical school in the world (497 out of 499) and received his D.O. and is currently practicing near me. He is a great holistic doctor. Not a brain surgeon or Oncologist.

When you read these opinions it is best to see where they came from.

You will not find many highly rated research institutions doing this kind of research.

It's pretty cynical to say that doctors aren't looking for a cure. I know better.

Betterhaff

Veteran
And didn’t the Shafer Commission recommend for the decriminalization of cannabis and that it shouldn’t be scheduled. But it was already temporarily placed as Schedule 1 in the Controlled Substances Act and Nixon ignored the recommendations of the Commission and let the scheduling stand…where it still stands today.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
before you get chemotherapy, please check out this video. it is frightening, but then cancer is like that.
seems the chemo creates entry points in blood vessels for the cancers to spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUQSC2DZH6E

[youtubeif]XUQSC2DZH6E[/youtubeif]

saturate your blood with cannabinoids to boost immune response, they are cell modulators.

here is a place to start.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278827

good luck friends...

Douglas.Curtis

before you get chemotherapy, please check out this video. it is frightening, but then cancer is like that.
seems the chemo creates entry points in blood vessels for the cancers to spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUQSC2DZH6E

[youtubeif]XUQSC2DZH6E[/youtubeif]

saturate your blood with cannabinoids to boost immune response, they are cell modulators.

here is a place to start.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=278827

good luck friends...
Indeed, the major reason for using chemo as a 'last resort' option is due to how damaging they are to the immune system and body in general. ESPECIALLY with children.

Proper use of cannabinoids ( along with correct food choices) is extremely effective, throughout the body. Shrinking and healing tumors, through direct contact and the boost it brings to the immune system.

The issue society has is the corruption/suppression of proper information about cannabis. Not just any strain is appropriate for everyone in all situations. CBD/THC and terpene ratios, dosages and carrier media, all effect the outcome.

The suppression of cannabis research, due to prohibition, has ended the lives early of hundreds of thousands (millions?) of people already.How many more will suffer the damage of chemo, before the feds finally allow freedom of research?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very interesting YouTube video..

Very interesting YouTube video..

This very interesting video regarding breast cancer and problems regarding its treatment with Chemotherapy. If you watch the whole video you will find they do not recommend you stop Chemotherapy but say your Oncologist should watch for spread. They also indicate that there is a drug available to counteract this issue.

My blood is tested every time I see my Oncologist (2-3 times a month) and PET/CT Scans every 3 months to check for spread.

It's part of the protocol for treatment. I don't think doctors in the U.S. deviate much from this practice. However if you have socialized medicine where you live you may not get the same aggressive treatment that I do.

The video is worthwhile if you watch the entire video.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Douglas.curtis

Douglas.curtis

Many people have issues with Chemotherapy but not to the point of not having it.

I've been through the full course of Oxaliplatin (the worst) and Xeloda. I am recovering from Peripheral Neuropathy a year after treatment.

I wish I didn't have Peripheral Neuropathy but the alternative to Chemotherapy for me was death.

I'm alive!

I had a close friend of mine die from cancer earlier this year. He had gone NED with Chemotherapy and was considered fully recovered.

He decided to go the natural treatment way if cancer reared its ugly head again. He became a Certified Counselor for Vegging and Juicing. It was working for him. A couple of years later (less than three) he had a blood test which indicated he may be recurring. He decided to go the RSO route. His wife was upset that he didn't go back on the Chemotherapy but was supportive of him.

They took a long vacation to Hawaii with the whole family (5 kids and 14 grandchildren).

I was surprised when he died less than three months after he returned.

RSO therapy didn't work for him. He is the only person I know that has tried it.

Douglas.Curtis if you want the give people Medical advice I suggest you go back to college and get a medical degree.

Douglas.Curtis

420somewhere said:
RSO didn't work for him. He is the only person I know that has tried it.
A single instance, using unknown quality RSO and delivery, is what you base your opinion on.
420somewhere said:
Douglas.Curtis if you want the give people Medical advice I suggest you go back to college and get a medical degree.
When I go to give advice, I do so on subjects I've spent at least a decent number of years researching. The rest I do my best to shut up and listen, with varying degrees of success. :)

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I'm not here to argue with you on the internet..

I'm not here to argue with you on the internet..

A single instance, using unknown quality RSO and delivery, is what you base your opinion on.
When I go to give advice, I do so on subjects I've spent at least a decent number of years researching. The rest I do my best to shut up and listen, with varying degrees of success. :)

You are just another guy on the internet.

It seems you are not a professional.

Enough said