What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Cannabis as medicine really work?

I was reading around and it lists many numerous medicinal benefits such as treatment with Glaucoma, Nausea relief, alleviation of nerve pain, lung health improvement, bowl diseases, and like. Twenty other things as seen here: http://the-junky-g.com/Articles/Cannabis_Medicine/ I found randomly online just surfing..

and it makes me wonder, if Cannabis really is this super great cure, or is it hyped up as something more than it is? From just checking this and other sources even from medical journals a lot of these seem to have really positive results in early studies, but what's your thoughts? Is there any of these that seem a bit "far-fetched" to actually help for medicinal use?

I think the biggest thing on my mind is wondering, does it really improve lung health? I thought that Cannabis generally made your heart beat faster, wouldn't that be more harm than good? Do they generally get used to it at some point?

Last edited:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Pain Management

Pain Management

If I am going to take opiates I eat a THC Cookie as it complements the opiates and seems to lengthen the effect.

I use it as medicine. I have Rectal Cancer so I know about the problems with constipation.

I have used Ibuprofen and a CannaCookie and found it about equivalent to Percocet. (No constipation)

It also helps with my digestive problems.

Peace

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
it makes me wonder, if Cannabis really is this super great cure, or is it hyped up as something more than it is?
Every single cell in your body has multiple receptors for the compounds created by the cannabis plant.

No other plant affects animals that way and no other plant can claim as many benefits. Up till 2007 I would have laughed when people mentioned medicinal cannabis. Now I know the truth.

It's criminal to deprive the public of this cheap and effective medicine. Period.

Douglas Curtis

Scrappy-doo

I had a nasty cavity in my wisdom tooth that was aching so bad I was up all night pacing and crying the eve before it was pulled. I haven't cried since I was a kid. Never in my life felt pain like that. Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't think. A 1/2 bottle of advil didn't help, perks didn't help, alchohol didn't help. One good bong hit and the pain was 100% gone for hours. Absolute lifesaver.

If I am going to take opiates I eat a THC Cookie as it complements the opiates and seems to lengthen the effect.

I use it as medicine. I have Rectal Cancer so I know about the problems with constipation.

I have used Ibuprofen and a CannaCookie and found it about equivalent to Percocet. (No constipation)

It also helps with my digestive problems.

Peace

That's an interesting thought, never really thought of taking Cannabis to actually make the effect of opiates last longer!

Ahh, I know someone taking Percocet, but good to know it would be a good replacement without the constipation aspect.

Thanks for sharing!

Every single cell in your body has multiple receptors for the compounds created by the cannabis plant.

No other plant affects animals that way and no other plant can claim as many benefits. Up till 2007 I would have laughed when people mentioned medicinal cannabis. Now I know the truth.

It's criminal to deprive the public of this cheap and effective medicine. Period.

Douglas Curtis

I honestly think it's just the government trying to get it set up enough to legally tax it while pairing it with already over-priced medical treatments to make the most in profit. It's rather depressing really but still.

Kind of a miracle drug, eh?

Thanks for sharing :)

I had a nasty cavity in my wisdom tooth that was aching so bad I was up all night pacing and crying the eve before it was pulled. I haven't cried since I was a kid. Never in my life felt pain like that. Couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, couldn't think. A 1/2 bottle of advil didn't help, perks didn't help, alchohol didn't help. One good bong hit and the pain was 100% gone for hours. Absolute lifesaver.

Good to know. Next time I have anything like that i'll make sure to light one up! :laughing:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've seen it working well for many years for Glaucoma,Epileptic fits,Appetite Stimulant, Muscle and nerve Pain releif,Asthma and it's a Really good "Anti-Dickhead Medicine" too ;) It does have a lot of uses for sure. It was getting used for many things more than a century ago in the west and for much longer elsewhere. Its "The Useful Plant".

Tynehead Tom

for me? appetite stimulant, anti depressant, nerve/muscle/joint pain.
I find for flesh wounds, tooth aches and headaches.... marijuana is not the answer for me LOL generally the pain is increased. I haven't found a herb for those kinds of pain. However for mood and appetite and my other daily issues, there are no pharamceuticals that match the relief and lack of side affects from weed. I smoke it in doobies and occasionally eat cookies.
I also have blood reactions/allergeries to some of the common carriers in most pain killers and muscle relaxers. cease in white blood cell production and platelet paralysis for weeks after eating just one low dose aspirin. weed it is LOL

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
When u can put rso type oil on melanoma and it goes away in two weeks? It's medicine.

When CBDs can stop a seizure... Before it sta seizure starts? It's medicine.

The list goes on.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
allowed withdrawal from opiates/diazepam w/no worries (fifteen year addiction).
healed a cancerous lesion on my scalp.
keeps me in the 'now'.

helps me see through walls....that point is untrue...

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
For me it does. I have a little brain damage from years ago. My bad leg starts kicking in the middle of the night from the spasms and wakes me. Not a way to sleep good. Anyway when I smoke I can go all night with no problems.

oldchuck

Veteran
I don't know why you even asked such an obvious question. The evidence is overwhelming and the specifics still need a lot more research to answer fundamental clinical questions on what to use how. And, yes, big science and big government will land with big feet but maybe we'll all learn more, like about your specific question regarding lungs.

For myself, Cannabis stops my epileptic seizures.

keeps me in the 'now'.

Government keeps that in their own personalized Marijuana Seed Banks :laughing:

For me it does. I have a little brain damage from years ago. My bad leg starts kicking in the middle of the night from the spasms and wakes me. Not a way to sleep good. Anyway when I smoke I can go all night with no problems.

Good to know, I know someone with this problem as well. What is the particular cannabis strain you use for this? :tiphat:

I've seen it working well for many years for Glaucoma,Epileptic fits,Appetite Stimulant, Muscle and nerve Pain releif,Asthma and it's a Really good "Anti-Dickhead Medicine" too ;) It does have a lot of uses for sure. It was getting used for many things more than a century ago in the west and for much longer elsewhere. Its "The Useful Plant".

Yeah, I have heard of it's uses for many years. I just hope the government doesn't get too restrictive with the medical cannabis dispensaries around the United states! And nice, yes. I would say it's a very good "Anti-Dickhead Medicine" too, haha!

I don't know why you even asked such an obvious question. The evidence is overwhelming and the specifics still need a lot more research to answer fundamental clinical questions on what to use how. And, yes, big science and big government will land with big feet but maybe we'll all learn more, like about your specific question regarding lungs.

For myself, Cannabis stops my epileptic seizures.

First-hand experience and direct input from people is always more of an interesting read to me than what a medical journal tells me, thanks for sharing :)

I used a strong Indica to help me quit my morphine addiction of 7 yrs.
I truly believe I would have died without it.

Good to know, I have heard quite a lot about reducing addiction, do you know how well it may help for someone with a Tobacco addiction, or is it a pretty much catch-all for any kind of addiction?

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
keeps me in the 'now'.

That's crazy cause it helped for a fast min in H withdrawal,but it didn't stop it / benzo's helped me kick it slep for 4 days

Douglas.Curtis

G
Good to know, I have heard quite a lot about reducing addiction, do you know how well it may help for someone with a Tobacco addiction, or is it a pretty much catch-all for any kind of addiction?
Full on exit herb.
I, and my wife, quit tobacco over 15 years ago, zero cravings. Also assisted in my quitting meth and opiates at separate times.

Cannabis has zero physical addictions. Cannabis also assists greatly with self-reflection, a very valuable tool for people wishing to become aware of and eliminate an addiction. Once the original issues are solved, cannabis assists with breaking the mental and physical addictions involved.

Without issues, generally become social users of cannabis. Granted there are a number of issues people are unaware of, triggering daily use anyway. lol ;)

Aspirin nearly killed one of my kid sisters, when they were about 4yrs old. Would have simply slept a few days, if it'd been cannabis. LOL

armedoldhippy

Veteran
yup. it helps me with arthritis pain in my shoulders from working in a federal munitions plant. some nights i stacked 60 lb boxes for 12 hours, up to 3 or 4 tons worth. i would roll over in my sleep & wake up gasping in pain from rolling onto my shoulder. no way to get back to sleep but smoke a one hit or two. it also kept the neuropathic pain in my feet at bay, a use that i recently discovered was a common medical usage up into the 1930s. it can also be very helpful with migraine headaches, which i suffered from for nearly 50 years. pretty damn handy as an anti-depressant, i might add...:biggrin:

Full on exit herb.
I, and my wife, quit tobacco over 15 years ago, zero cravings. Also assisted in my quitting meth and opiates at separate times.

Cannabis has zero physical addictions. Cannabis also assists greatly with self-reflection, a very valuable tool for people wishing to become aware of and eliminate an addiction. Once the original issues are solved, cannabis assists with breaking the mental and physical addictions involved.

Without issues, generally become social users of cannabis. Granted there are a number of issues people are unaware of, triggering daily use anyway. lol ;)

Aspirin nearly killed one of my kid sisters, when they were about 4yrs old. Would have simply slept a few days, if it'd been cannabis. LOL

Hmmm, thanks for sharing. I figured if it can kick much stronger addictions Tobacco would be a cinch. Was there a specific strain of cannabis that seemed to work best, or do you think most any would do?

yup. it helps me with arthritis pain in my shoulders from working in a federal munitions plant. some nights i stacked 60 lb boxes for 12 hours, up to 3 or 4 tons worth. i would roll over in my sleep & wake up gasping in pain from rolling onto my shoulder. no way to get back to sleep but smoke a one hit or two. it also kept the neuropathic pain in my feet at bay, a use that i recently discovered was a common medical usage up into the 1930s. it can also be very helpful with migraine headaches, which i suffered from for nearly 50 years. pretty damn handy as an anti-depressant, i might add...:biggrin:

Good to know, that's quite a variety of things Cannabis helps with! :peacock:

I figure you tried Opioids before, right? Would you say this is far more effective, without all the nasty side effects? :tiphat:

Douglas.Curtis

Hmmm, thanks for sharing. I figured if it can kick much stronger addictions Tobacco would be a cinch. Was there a specific strain of cannabis that seemed to work best, or do you think most any would do?
I would imagine the higher the cbd content, the easier it would have been. 15 years ago I didn't ever get cannabis with a strain name attached to it. ;)

I figure you tried Opioids before, right? Would you say this is far more effective, without all the nasty side effects? :tiphat:
Helps reduce the need for as much opiates, while also making withdrawls MUCH more comfortable, yes. I vividly remember many times having to use so much opiates I was so nauseous and uncomfortable I wanted to scream. A couple puffs of even low grade cannabis made me feel soooo much better it's unreal.

The correct strain, properly prepared, will remove all but the most extreme pain. We're talking a SIGNIFICANT reduction in the amount of opiates a country would consume, when cannabis is co-prescribed. Massive money losses.

All doctors should prescribe a combination of cannabis and opiates, when severe pain is the issue. People will use significantly less opiates, much healthier.

Latest posts

Latest posts