Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Terpenoids

Thread Title Search
Terpenoids Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 AM #21
moyse

moyse is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much for sharing, shaggy balls.. quite possibly the most interesting read on cannabis i have ever come across...:tip hat:
moyse is offline Quote

Old 03-07-2014, 07:59 AM #22
aus2canibasiva

aus2canibasiva is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyse View Post
Thank you so much for sharing, shaggy balls.. quite possibly the most interesting read on cannabis i have ever come across...:tip hat:
It's good to know other people find this interesting to!
Such a diverse fascinating complex topic.
Have you had any experience with Plant hormones that you would like to share Moyse??

My OUTDOOR GROW Albums
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=52004

mass spectrum botanicals
https://massspectrumbotanicals.com/ca...th-regulators/

hAPPY gROWING pEACE
aus2canibasiva is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2014, 03:33 AM #23
in vivo

in vivo is on a distinguished road
Awesome thread! I've got a little thread on 'the entourage' on another board. We seem to have come across much of the same literature. I notice a few articles that aren't included here yet that might be interest to you.

Quote:
It’s been reported that certain terpenes dilate capillaries in the lungs. Logic tells us that this would be useful in the case of smoked or vaporized cannabis. Dilated capillaries would enable beneficial cannabinoids to enter the bloodstream easier. This certainly could be useful for growers who know how their crops will be ingested, and in the production of cannabis concentrates.
Bedrocan performed a study that's interesting. They evaluate vapor vs smoked cannabis, and investigate the effects that terpenes have on the CB1 binding of cannabinoids. They anticipated monoterpenes like myrcene would increase the affinity or efficacy of THC. They didn't recognize any difference, and they suggest that terpenes elicit the majority of their effects independent of CB1.

Cannabinoid receptor 1 binding activity and quantitative analysis of Cannabis sativa L. smoke and vapor

This next one is a study that looks at 17 'mostly sativa' and 'mostly indica' terpene profiles. Myrcene was the most prominent in indicas with limonene or alpha-pinene second most prominent. Sativas we more versatile overall but often with alpha-terpinolene or alpha-pinene as the main constituent.

Quote:
CONCLUSIONS

The main differences between terpene profiles of the evaluated strains belonging to the two principal biotypes were that ‘mostly indica’ strains were characterized by dominancy of β-myrcene, present in high relative contents, with limonene or α-pinene as
second most abundant terpenoid, while ‘mostly sativa’ strains were characterized by more complex terpene profiles, with some strains having α-terpinolene or α-pinene as dominant terpenoid, and some strains having β-myrcene as dominant terpenoid with α-terpinolene
or trans-β-ocimene as second most abundant terpenoid.

This wide variability in terpene composition can provide a potential tool for the characterization of Cannabis biotypes, and warrant further researches in order to evaluate the drug’s medical value and, at the same time, to select less susceptible chemotypes to the attack of herbivores and diseases. More detailed studies on the variability in monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes are needed. Breeding for specific terpenoids in plants is a fascinating research topic; in fact, the various biological activities of these compounds
make the analysis of terpenoids a valuable tool for improving a considerable number of traits in pharmaceutical and industrial cultivars of Cannabis.

Terpenoids analysis, combined with cannabinoids and flavonoids analyses, are essential for the metabolic fingerprinting of pharmaceutical cultivars. Pharmaceutical cultivars of the two principal biotypes may exhibit distinctive medicinal properties due to significant differences in relative contents of terpenoids, thus the synergy between the various secondary metabolites must be investigated in deeper details in the future in order to better elucidate the phytocomplex of Cannabis and to allow selection of chemotypes with specific medical effects.
Variations in Terpene Profiles of Different Strains of Cannabis sativa L.

There might be a couple other links you can find in this thread:

https://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/...to-the-puzzle/
in vivo is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:02 PM #24
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Above

This is a good example of how to add credible information to this or any thread!
References and Links are helpful in making a point.
Good job and thanks in vivo
Shag
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2014, 10:44 PM #25
theother

theother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the roughtheother is a jewel in the rough
One of the best threads yet
theother is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:03 PM #26
SativaBreather
Banned

SativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of lightSativaBreather is a glorious beacon of light
agreed
SativaBreather is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 04:39 PM #27
GrassMan

GrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really niceGrassMan is just really nice
Great thread!
My terpene standards start to arrive.
Didn't find a standard cannabis terpene mix...
I had to bough them separately... more to come.
Peace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	la foto (1).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	261105
GrassMan is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 08:38 PM #28
Madjag
More Dhamma, Less Drama

Madjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant futureMadjag has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMan View Post
Great thread!
Peace.
Could you give an idea of what that small group of samples would cost?
Madjag is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 PM #29
Daub Marley

Daub Marley has a spectacular aura aboutDaub Marley has a spectacular aura aboutDaub Marley has a spectacular aura aboutDaub Marley has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassMan View Post
Great thread!
Peace.
Nice. Watch out for the linalool I heard it can be really powerful past a certain dosage.
Are you working at a lab because I can't seem to get them delivered unless it is an actual lab.
Daub Marley is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2014, 10:57 PM #30
Granger2

Granger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to beholdGranger2 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks to all contributors. Shaggy, I'd buy you a nice dinner if I could. Thanks again. -granger