Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Monsanto's Roundup disaster

Thread Title Search
Monsanto's Roundup disaster Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-25-2010, 09:13 PM #1
Yankee Grower

Monsanto's Roundup disaster

Not about cannabis or you growing, cause doubt anyone is using Roundup, but this is information someone forwarded to me and seems interesting enough. Figured this forum is a decent spot and basically just FYI stuff. Monsanto has created a real monster and not just about killing weeds or their Roundup Ready genetics...it's actually destroying the soil. Seems it has a half life of like 1 year....yikes! Dr. Huber is supposedly one of the leading experts on Roundup. Anyway...for those info geeks out there...lol. The last PDF is a short read and great overview.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Huber Interactions.pdf (148.0 KB, 209 views)
File Type: pdf Huber Manganese.pdf (221.4 KB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf S10-A4Huber What's New.pdf (675.9 KB, 254 views)

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:10 AM #2
junior_grower

junior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the roughjunior_grower is a jewel in the rough
Nice read although not a peer reviewed source, looking at the author I think we can assume it is accurate. A lesson for all growers is that mono culture doesn't work.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:29 PM #3
Microbeman
The Logical Gardener

Microbeman has disabled reputation
From my archives:

Here are some journal links. I do not have a free pass to them and although I can arrange to receive these through one of my colleagues, I would refrain from openly copying them here. You may purchase the full text if so inclined but generally you can get the gist from the abstract.

Huber
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...6&searchtype=a

Kremer & Others; There may be redundancy with the following links.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...689996-1482152

Glyphosate reduced seed and leaf concentrations of calcium, manganese, magnesium, and iron in non-glyphosate resistant soybean Pages 114-119 Ismail Cakmak, Atilla Yazici, Yusuf Tutus, Levent Ozturk

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...f&searchtype=a

Turfgrass species response exposed to increasing rates of glyphosate application Pages 120-125 Y. Senem Su, L. Ozturk, I. Cakmak, H. Budak

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...c&searchtype=a

Glyphosate in the rhizosphere—Role of waiting times and different glyphosate binding forms in soils for phytotoxicity to non-target plants Pages 126-132 Tsehaye Tesfamariam, S. Bott, I. Cakmak, V. Römheld, G. Neumann

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...2&searchtype=a

Glyphosate associations with cereal diseases caused by Fusarium spp. in the Canadian Prairies Pages 133-143 M.R. Fernandez, R.P. Zentner, P. Basnyat, D. Gehl, F. Selles, D. Huber

Glyphosate and glyphosate-resistant crop interactions with rhizosphere microorganisms Pages 153-161 Robert J. Kremer, Nathan E. Means

Influence of glyphosate-resistant cropping systems on weed species shifts and glyphosate-resistant weed populations Pages 162-172 William G. Johnson, Vince M. Davis, Greg R. Kruger, Stephen C. Weller

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...6&searchtype=a

Very interesting and extensive list of publications I stumbled upon (from good old Canada)

https://www.kis.usask.ca/ZeroTill/His...erenceList.pdf

"When the facts change, I change my mind.
What do you do, sir?"
"Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone."
~John Maynard Keynes~
Sorry: No questions by PM, check my webpage

Microbeman is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 08:19 AM #4
hazemaker

hazemaker will become famous soon enough
monsanto owns blackwater anyone heard of them?
hazemaker is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:57 AM #5
greenmatter

if 50% of the population had 10% of the information available on monsanto products and how they conduct business in general i believe things might actually change. they should start teaching biology in kindergarten and not high school.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:02 AM #6
HighDesertJoe
COME ON PEOPLE NOW

HighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of light
Hell Monsanto owns just about all the Soybeans seeds.. if your not using there seeds they make it hard on the little Mom and Pop farmers of America..Just watch the movie...Food Inc..it was a real eye opener...
HighDesertJoe is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:13 AM #7
nevillehazeman

nevillehazeman is on a distinguished road
The virgin rainforest of South America is being slashed and burned at an alarming rate to grow fields of soy. Genetic modification as well as pesticide and fertilizer use have made growing soy possible in areas of the world that previously couldn't support soy production. I find it amazing that some value a monoculture of soy over the thousands of plant, animal and fungal species that reside in the rainforest. This must stop...
nevillehazeman is offline Quote

Old 12-12-2010, 09:43 AM #8
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
save your seed stock; all you can get your hands on...those #@*%s in the government allowed mansanto to apply patents to seeds that they gave them access to!
they expect to eventually control the food supply.

trichrider is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 PM #9
northstate
IC Mag Supporter

northstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the roughnorthstate is a jewel in the rough
It is very refreshing to see the conscious responses from the crew. Monsanto is pure evil in my opinion. Food safety is a very hot topic these days (s510) and yes the noose is slowing tightening on the general public. Open pollinated seeds are for everybody to plant and share, they should not be subject to irreversible genetic pollution. Organic farming practices and soil building take hard work and time so cutting corners with chemicals for some is attractive.
Some ag chemical companies are just defense company subsidiaries that have enough money already. People are learning about these issues but most dont think it affects them. They have big law firm backing and guys in crown vics to tail you and intimidate you for filing a lawsuit. Fully in bed with the FDA,USDA(co-owns patent for terminator gene with Monsanto) and who knows what else, too tight with .gov for my liking. Vote with your dollar and inform your friends about soil being damaged by round-up along with abusive farming practices and exploitation of land world wide. ns
northstate is offline Quote

Old 12-13-2010, 12:23 PM #10
HighDesertJoe
COME ON PEOPLE NOW

HighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of lightHighDesertJoe is a glorious beacon of light
God forbid your a mom and pop soy farmer not using Monsanto's seeds and there seeds happen to pollinate your soybeans.. your in trouble my friend and they'll come after you.. Damn them....
HighDesertJoe is offline Quote