What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Question about Moraccan kief screens

Hi everyone, I know you don't know me, but I have a favor to ask. If someone is going to Morocco or knows alot about hash making there. I need to track down some information. I want to know the exact model/ line of the durable screens they cover their collection bowls with. I want to know who manufactures them, what company(s) sell them, the material used, whether its made of mono-filament or poly-filament fabric, what the thread count is or micron size, whats the size of the thread used. I am very much interested in these durable, and what I assume, affordable screens.

Thanks for any information you can provide.:thank you:

They dont use screens very much at all and if you see a screen it will be a gift from a european so to answer your question what they use is spanish made shiffon scarfs the type you see on old ladys sorry but nobody in the rif has any idea what a micron is.Also its what they use for extracting resin powder what the locals call kif is a low grade mixture of chopped weed and harsh homegrown black tabacco and its nasty but the old men in the rif smoke it all day.I know in the USA people use the word kif for resin powder but not in morocco.

They dont use screens very much at all and if you see a screen it will be a gift from a european so to answer your question what they use is spanish made shiffon scarfs the type you see on old ladys sorry but nobody in the rif has any idea what a micron is.Also its what they use for extracting resin powder what the locals call kif is a low grade mixture of chopped weed and harsh homegrown black tabacco and its nasty but the old men in the rif smoke it all day.I know in the USA people use the word kif for resin powder but not in morocco.

Thanks for the info. I have no intention of using black tobacco or any tobacco to make "kif". I was under the impression, that they were using dry "kif" to press and heat into blocks of brown hash, the kind that we get in Europe and US.

Ya you for sure dont want to make Kif in the morrocan style its just powdered tobacco and buds.However if you want to make hash just use the shiffon scarfs they work great just tie the scarf over a bowl put on your well dried cannabis cover with thick plastic and beat it like a drum.I grow up on good leb and morrocan hash and i just love to make hash this way for me it just has a better taste I know ice hash is for sure more pure I have a set of bags also but for me the ice hash although stronger is not as satisfing as dry sift pollen.I figure it all just comes down to personal taste

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
shower curtains/ sheets can be used when pulled to the correct taughtness. how tight you pull them determines the mesh size.

Latest posts

Latest posts