What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ron Paul 2012!!!

bentom187

Veteran
there are oppertunists everywhere,since people operate in a means end manner logical or not,so i wouldnt exactly call out to the exploiters to save me,i realize not everyone has the ability to defend themselves,i imagine this is to be the role of a gun in a free society to keep your neighbor on his side of the fence or street.so one answer doesnt solve all, but its better than one or a group of know it all's, imposing themselves on the masses,thats a dictatorship.

[YOUTUBEIF]7PyikQdC5oM[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]Xl-lrAYlO0k[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]DjlbdMg7FQc[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]IpOrmoyPIY0[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]uDGg_8O23kA[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]Xbp6umQT58A[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]Cr7ePrCAqzo#![/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]pvsADU2OOWM#![/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]5eP6iujgeWI#![/YOUTUBEIF]

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The founding fathers didn't call on the exploitative class to save them. They created a system to more level the playing field and mitigate the undue influence of monied interests.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose....:rtfo:

bentom187

Veteran
Former candidate ends campaign with call to arms. Interesting.

How would you fill the void? I wouldn't expect opportunists would wait and see what materializes. They'd walk on into the Stop-n-Rob (i.e. system) and fill their pockets with the stuff you intended to start anew. Might even burn it to the ground.

We'd have to have at least part of a system at the ready to hit the ground running when your neighbor across the street thinks his way, not yours is the right way.

then what did you mean by this statment,cause it reads like your saying that,the intended change to take place would leave oppertunities for my neighbors or politicians to take advantage of everyone myself included,and that void will be filled with chaos without governmental intervention . either way i still go the route you have a right to defend yourself however necessary,i tried to highlight what concentrated power results in,with the videos, and how government is what got us here today.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
It's a basic concept. Revolt creates a vacuum. That's why the founder fathers met in secret and established their basis for systematic governance before they revolted. Not only were declarations of freedom and independence, these men established the basis for law and order in the new states and the confederation.

Revolt w/o that system isn't necessarily "we're free, let's party." Somebody's party ends up someone else' "party's over." Happens over and over throughout world history and still goes on to this day. For example, Egypt overthrew Mubarak but got the party they didn't want. Protesters just got through throwing tomatoes at HRC.

Anybody hear about the new GOP China policy Mitt's proposing? Would establish the "Reagan Zone" on the idea of the Euro, naming territorial land and waters -as one union- to trade with, you guessed it... anybody but China.

China wouldn't be a happy camper because the "Reagan Zone" intent is to unionize territorial trade around China in protest of their trade practices.

Here's the interesting part. The unionized "Reagan Zone" would naturally trade with China's neighbors. THis means new free-trade agreements. This will make China "want some" and they'll come back to the table willing to meet our terms. :bigeye:

I know it sounds great but "territories" are where we keep our Pacific war machine. Peaceful trade with China's neighbors to encourage China to play fair is probably closer to non-peaceful mongering with... eh, 18 aircraft carriers patrolling the SE Pacific rim.

I'm just thinking about the denominations of paper money emblazoned with Ronny's mug. And like the "Euro", they're going to call it the "Reagan".

That'll be 10 trillion Reagans please... :tumbleweed:

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
we are not having a military coup/revolt nor establishing a new government just keeping the present one in check.so no vacume to fill,so im not sure how thats a issue.presidents have changed office, very peacfully as far back as i can remember,this isnt any different.

and romney's message isnt all that different from O's,mabey slightly on the welfare vs warfare issues but it all requires deficit spending,enslavment of people.

the gm bailouts,actually created jobs in china,propping up communisim and slavery further,and costing us the taxpayer ,i hear the latest figure is around a 100k per chevy volt that the tax poayer is on the hook for. i dont like romney or communisim, so we might actually agree here.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The freedom of entrepreneurial spirit never addressed the predator, i.e. tear down aspect of conservative economics. Has no choice but to endure it.

The giant sucking sound that Ross warned of was smoke screen. Every free market capitalist knows the giant sucking sound is the industrialized money shift with each economic bust.

This is a major principle in conservative economics. Those who are relieved of their assets never deserved those assets, even if said had/has to be fraudulently pilfered. We used to allow Wall Street to pilfer amongst themselves and their world view is we should all be subject to their so-called "relief".

They even justify the unwashed masses should relegate their meager existence to mere sustenance while their heads explode in financial outer space.

We-first policies build and invest. Me-first policies tear down and divest what we made on our backs (for their personal profit.)

Well we did address it with anti trust laws, insider trading laws, and
Glass Steagall, but then the plutocrats ended them to form plutocracy.

Forget Conservative Liberal, Think Plutocracy vs. democracy. Which party serves the rich and which one serves the people. Oh, whats that? After 5 minutes of research it is obvious they both serve special interest groups with money. the GOP and Dems could careless about the people or the country.

To think Clinton instituted pay as you go policy, balanced the budget and repealed Glass Steagall, and the Neo-Cons still impeached him. That is how I know there is no NWO conspiracy. Clinton couldnt even hide a BJ, and he did everything the GOP wanted him to, but they still ate his lunch. It is just a bunch of plutocrats playing the game of thrones. They use, and view the US citizens, and military as pawns.

NWO conspiracy gives the Human race way to much credit. It makes us look like more than monkeys and we just are not. We are all just primates that walk upright and wear hats.

yerboyblue

my neighbors didn't know he was still in the race??? that is thoroughly disgusting that anyone depends on the 'mainstream media' for anything other than advertising.
the distracting thing is, they blatantly lie that there are only romney and abummer left.

i'm really hoping RP gets all those loads of delegates they been keen to keep hidden.

Ron Paul 2012

Well just because you didn't quit doesn't necessarily mean you are still in the race. The triathalon ended an hour ago.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also forgot to mention the Koch Brothers. They got citizens united passed by bribing the supreme court. Then started dismantling the unions. They also are funding politicians to pass laws limiting voting rights. Basically the Koch Bothers and half the supreme court justices need to have their heads blown off their shoulders with a sawed off in a public square.

http://www.thenation.com/blog/167502/koch-brothers-exposed#

http://johnhively.wordpress.com/201...corrupt-wing-of-the-supreme-court-are-slimey/

http://www.alternet.org/story/15188..._and_kochs_to_quietly_sell_out_our_democracy/

bentom187

Veteran
http://ralphlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Ron-Paul-Won-Early-Primaries-Mathematicians-Find

"Ron Paul Won Early Primaries, Mathematicians Find. Election Judge Threatened for Calling Fraud"

“This is the worst case of vote flipping I have ever seen. Note the way it starts. Romney’s green line begins under Dr. Paul’s. It then flips way up, simultaneously pushing Paul’s downward. The two lines then become mirror images. Clearly, without the cheating the real winner of this county was Dr. Ron Paul, NOT Mitt Romney."

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
we are not having a military coup/revolt nor establishing a new government just keeping the present one in check.so no vacume to fill,so im not sure how thats a issue.presidents have changed office, very peacfully as far back as i can remember,this isnt any different.

Fair enough. I always considered, "The Ron Paul Revolution" as campaign related, not revolt.

On the other hand, the video promotes it, then Ron blurs the line. Folks who know Dr Paul as well as any other national figure may know the difference between hyperbolic rhetoric and the reality of how he'd administrate. For the general electorate, there's a chasm of differences and these differences don't necessarily generate interest in knowing more. Reading books and combing mounds of literature isn't the way I vet perspective candidates.

Messaging is pretty important and any perceived contrasts are hard to reconcile. Pick for details and Dr. Paul reacts as if picked-on. There's major differences in the art of legislating vs administrating. Administrators are typically tasked with communicating the message to the Public. Legislators are the fighters in the ring, compromising (or not) their proposals. They're two different animals and a few manage to do both.

and romney's message isnt all that different from O's,mabey slightly on the welfare vs warfare issues but it all requires deficit spending,enslavment of people.
I'm going to be honest here, that's canard. Not only is tax and service policy night-and-day different, Democrats aren't trying to break the system, just to see what takes it's place.

I don't personally feel enslaved because I actually use the services I help provide myself and others. I realize this might sound like nails on the chalkboard to individualists but unfortunately, individualism isn't very efficient in many circumstances.

Just last night, Ezra Klein replayed an excerpt from the Salt Lake Olympics where Romney tells the athletes they didn't achieve greatness alone. Romney commended the parents, coaches, even athletes who lost, propelling these fine few to the big show. Romney credited government for helping invest in infrastructure the private sector can't afford and this infrastructure goes on to serve others in athletic and other events well beyond the SLC Olympics.

Even if Romney wasn't a fan of exploding the debt so large that everybody loses, he wants to lower taxes more than Reagan did and Reagan tripled the national debt. Laffer doesn't work and that's not from me, both Reagan and David Stockton admitted Plan A failed and Plan B scuttles everything (except the debt they accumulate in the scuttling process.) Short of war, we can't tell the world to fuck off on a $16 trillion tab.

the gm bailouts,actually created jobs in china,propping up communisim and slavery further,and costing us the taxpayer ,i hear the latest figure is around a 100k per chevy volt that the tax poayer is on the hook for. i dont like romney or communisim, so we might actually agree here.
For better or for worse, global trade is here to stay. Our industry titans are apparently free to exercise where they wish to employ. Free trade agreements never really made our capitalists free to go abroad, it just made the process easier. They've always been free to employ wherever, governments just have to agree with the legalities so these corporations can sue whoever fucks em.

Saving the auto industry in the US saved as many as 1.5 million jobs that not only pay the bills, they pay enough to drive demand. Without the auto bailout, we'd have had to bailout the upper Midwest.

D

dramamine

To think Clinton instituted pay as you go policy, balanced the budget and repealed Glass Steagall, and the Neo-Cons still impeached him.

I think Clinton was eventually seen as a liability.....by both the good cops and the bad. Audacity has sure been redefined since those wide-eyed days......

bentom187

Veteran
The Rothbardian Theory of Taxes | Thomas J. DiLorenzo

[YOUTUBEIF]7-uit2sV_3w[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]smAudi7EELM[/YOUTUBEIF]

taxes always take from the productive private sector and throw it into a beurocratic mess.not to mention its still theft and we dont have a choice,regualrdless of how we feel about them.

http://bastiat.org/en/government.html

romney has no rhyme or reason,when he speaks, he speaks just to sound good.

[YOUTUBEIF]2x2W4GhSLlQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

global trade usually isnt a problem,and i would care less if it wasnt goverment taking our money again,to prop up other governments.
any bailout with government funds is wrong(we dont have a choice its a tax).

[YOUTUBEIF]Lvl5Gan69Wo[/YOUTUBEIF]

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Cops actually liked Clinton. He gave em jobs by the tens of thousands and enacted the assault-weapons ban that finished his congressional majority. (Cops don't likey assault weapons.)

Fickle electorate had just polled 78% in favor of bans on assault weapons and cop-killer bullets. Giving this electorate what they want ain't a typical exercise in reason and logic.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The Rothbardian Theory of Taxes | Thomas J. DiLorenzo

first vid - "Austrian economics" is a misnomer in that Austria never implemented it nor has any other country. Anybody who ever had it got it like the common cold - they weren't exercising any preventions. The "market" dictates (and that's it.) That's why this guy in the first vid preambles yet never cruxes, i.e. offers anything we know works.

There's not too many creative ways to say, "get out of the way." In the vacuum we hear some history and some actual, problematic aspects of the current system but nothing in the way of solutions other than theory.

I use the term theory loosely because these folks don't look at history so they're always in the theoretical stage. Unless of course they privately acknowledge history and realize it doesn't work.

One has to ponder the current attempts to purposely break the system, (so that capitalism can flourish unfettered) and assume 'AE' is more banana than practical application.

"Austrian economics" is two economists in thousands of Austrian economists, both historic and present. Austrian enablers decline the invitation.

IMO, carpetbagger economics is a much better term because carpetbagger times best describes what these two Austrians espoused. No market controls.

The market's like a ram jet with poor material spec. You can fire that thing wide open but it'll blow and take shit out in the explosion. That's why managed economics improves the specs, moderates the valve and ultimately mitigates explosions. We know this because we were explosion-free for 60 years. Reagan defied it and tripled the debt.

They only way you'll ever get slashed agencies is to manage their demise. Jerking the tablecloth from asunder shifts costs before they're eliminated. That's what management is all about. One reason Paul's considered just as dangerous starve-the-beast.

Why wouldn't two entities wanting the same demise team up and give us the ol' one two punch? Because they don't agree on their perceived aftermath.

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
the term"austrian " is a sort of a joke because of everyones first reaction to the name,but they decided to keep it.

austrians argue that we do not know what is best.you make your decisions for you ill make my own based on my own budget and logic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praxeology

i would direct your attention to this film its pretty in depth,and goes over the differences.i posted it before im not sure if you seen it.

[YOUTUBEIF]qArpSSmmFJw[/YOUTUBEIF]

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
http://ralphlopez.hubpages.com/hub/Ron-Paul-Won-Early-Primaries-Mathematicians-Find

"Ron Paul Won Early Primaries, Mathematicians Find. Election Judge Threatened for Calling Fraud"

“This is the worst case of vote flipping I have ever seen. Note the way it starts. Romney’s green line begins under Dr. Paul’s. It then flips way up, simultaneously pushing Paul’s downward. The two lines then become mirror images. Clearly, without the cheating the real winner of this county was Dr. Ron Paul, NOT Mitt Romney."

The charts showing vote flipping are absolutely outrageous and i dont get how this is only the second time I saw anything about it. I ran across one last night that had every state for 08 and 12 and seeing how paul was blatantly robbed is nuts. i mean, I know everyone is like "oh youre just mad your guy didnt win", but this is actually blatant theivery.

from that link
He goes on to explain the basics of normal statistical voting behavior:

"Detailed explanation of this [above] chart:

The X-axis is the cumulative vote %. It flows in order of the precinct’s percentage of contribution to the vote totals for that county. This is roughly also by the SIZE of the precinct but not exactly.

The earliest entries cause such graphical jaggedness. This is because there is a extremely small number of votes and thus percentages are greatly affected. As these results are cumulatively added upon, any high or low percents are absorbed into the curve and balance out to what is normally a straight, flat line.

This is what you see happen to the other candidates lines. They bounce around a bit at first and then become essentially flat. This is what all results always looked like historically since forever. In other words, with increasing vote counts in precincts the graphs flatline.

This was how it was, that is until 4 [months] ago, when Romney’s charts started showing HIS line increasing with growing size of precincts, while usually just ONE other opponents line shrinking.

The analyst goes on to note with amazement that rather than "flatlining," Romney's line goes up, while only one other opponent's line shrinks: Ron Paul's.

Other Texas counties in question, according to "Dr.K.Research" at DailyPaul.com are, Brazoria County, San Antonio County, Aransas County, and Calhoun County.

After presenting four charts from other elections showing what normal statistical "flat-lining" looks like, . the author points out how in the case of New Hampshire 2012 primary election "something extraordinary happens." Romney's vote totals go up as time passes almost exactly mirroring Dr. Paul's going down, with all other candidates holding steady. It would be as if at 6pm one-third of the Romney voters suddenly woke up at the same time and went to vote while Dr. Paul's just stopped showing up. It doesn't happen

Below: First 4 charts show what normal statistical "flat-lining" looks like,
6914995_f520.jpg

bentom187

Veteran
i cant say im suprised at this,im only suprised at how many people in the public dont realize how fixed the system is,and couldnt see this comming.

on a brighter note,ron paul will not give up on leaglization,somtimes i think he takes it more seriously than us.danm he's good.

[YOUTUBEIF]Sns8VHUG8qY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Latest posts

Latest posts