What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass exodus from FACEBOOK

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I see.
It’s funny, usually when an older person gets stubborn, sometimes incoherent, and rants clear nonsense -often with a touch of racism mixed in- they generally go in a care home.
Yet if they are rich enough, and a US citizen they can become president!
Truly the land of opportunity.

oh hell yeah. we are eat the fuck up with opportunities for the rich, unethical, & immoral...everyone else gotta work it out.:D rich & wacko? they call you "eccentric" & you are considered okay (if a little odd). poor & crazy? they throw a net over you & shoot you with a tranquilizer rifle. that, or shoot & kill you. you bets your money & takes your chances.:shucks:

Cuddles

I never understood the facebook hype anyway. I hated that website first time I saw it. It´s just sh*t. Everything about it is.
And what I never got my head around was that businesses fell for it. How dumb can you get? Getting your own customers to go to another business website?

BudToaster

Veteran
... And what I never got my head around was that businesses fell for it. How dumb can you get? Getting your own customers to go to another business website?

it's the metrics ... engagement: shares, likes, comments. i had 150K+ engagement and NOT ONE SALE from a 3 month experiment in FB marketing. i could slice and dice the intended audience, until the next time FB changed the algorithm, so no control at all. And the page is so ugly and can't be changed. i'm not much of a graphic designer, but even i can do better than the shitshow they forced onto me.

And that got me too ... sending my customers to another business website.

FB is an entertainment medium - and designing/producing entertainment is not a business i want to be in, for such piss poor results.

Cuddles

it's the metrics ... engagement: shares, likes, comments. i had 150K+ engagement and NOT ONE SALE from a 3 month experiment in FB marketing. i could slice and dice the intended audience, until the next time FB changed the algorithm, so no control at all. And the page is so ugly and can't be changed. i'm not much of a graphic designer, but even i can do better than the shitshow they forced onto me.

And that got me too ... sending my customers to another business website.

FB is an entertainment medium - and designing/producing entertainment is not a business i want to be in, for such piss poor results.
Thank you for sharing your personal experience. It just confirms what I had always knew/ suspected about facebook. It´s just nor worth it.
I have also always hated this `begging ´for likes on FB too. It´s just hidious somehow. like I said why should I lure my own customers to a differnt website ? makes no sense. and as a customer I don´t care how many likes a biz gets on facebook. if they don´t sell the stuff I need , why should I care?

I´ve also come across a business and they required you to be on FB to pitch a design. stupid.

BudToaster

Veteran
i see no advantage to being on FB ... i am only one in 6 billion, so i still have to do marketing to sell my product - and that keeps my potential customers on FB - i have much more control of my message on the internet.

my website is the opportunity to present my brand and tell my story my way, without two columns of unwanted ads and noise. which i don't want associated with my brand anyway.

there obviously is a way to make money using FB like a little bitch, but that's way beyond my capabilities and i am unwilling to burn the money (even if i had it) to hire a pro.

Absolem

Parler won't censor your posts.............. They just ban you instead.

Plus you have to show them your drivers license to have an accredited account.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
i HAVE MANY, MANY FOLLOWERS ON fb.
I went to post a plea for funds for a local Veteran's Group.
The motherfuckers took it down, this is for a non-profit American group.
They said I had too many suspensions.
Can you say ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i HAVE MANY, MANY FOLLOWERS ON fb.
I went to post a plea for funds for a local Veteran's Group.
The motherfuckers took it down, this is for a non-profit American group.
They said I had too many suspensions.
Can you say ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!

weird,you're such a cheery fellow and so full of...interesting views:D

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]