What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Old Super Skunk Crosses?

Canna-bill

Hi hillbilly, these were regs but I've also grown the fem version and I can't tell any difference when grown for bud.

GoatCheese

Veteran
I think CBD Crew’s ”CBD Divine” is a CBD version of Super Skunk based on old SS stock from Nevil. Ofcourse Shanti can’t call it “CBD Super Skunk” cause SS is a Sensi Seeds’ strain, but he implies this in CBD Divine’s description:
“CBD Divine is named after Shen Nung, “The Divine Farmer”. He is considered father of Chinese medicine and pharmacology and credited with bringing agriculture to ancient China. He wrote one of the first documented recommendations for the medical use of cannabis almost 5000 years ago. CBD Divine is a beautiful indica dominant regular strain. While the plant looks like a super skunk in appearance it has flavors ranging from citrus to fruit to berries and more. It is a staple plant for those looking to make good extractions for pain management and insomnia. In general it flowers very quickly and is easy to grow for all levels of cultivators.”
https://cbdcrew.org/varieties/cbd-divine/
Here’s old post by Nevil, in which he says Shanti has SS seeds:
11-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I bought Sams skunk and Sam was part of that group. The first line was a 7.1 line, I later got the 18.2 line and I think there was another line after 18.2. The last versions were much better. I'd worked on the last line of Sk1 for 5 or 6 gens. It was leagues ahead of the early stuff. I crossed this with AfgT. It was the best SS yet. SB got that stuff. I expect that it's in much of what your smoking these days (skunk wise).
N.
[FONT=&quot]https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/70804-post15.html[/FONT]
Do I recommend people grow CBD Crew’s CBD Divine?
Not stable. many different pheno/cemotypes.I flowered 4 females and every plant started growing nanners at some point during bloom, first one at week 4, while my CBD Critical Cure keeper right next to them did not.
..and I wasn’t too impressed with the CBD level on these plants.
I didn’t take any photos of the CBD Divine females, but here’s the male I flowered:
picture.php

picture.php

HalfArsedFarmer

Each to there own man and all what you have said sounds like pure bullshit too me. I've also grown a lot of sensi stock over the years and it's as good as it always was.

People say sensiseeds, the biggest and oldest seedbabk in Europe at least, employ lots of people, sell lots of seeds, that they can't keep plants alive, they lost them in busts, have no back ups? ,a shower of Fkn ejits but some fella with a fancy hippy name in California can keep a clone alive in his bedroom that he got from sensi seeds he grew yrs ago?

That superskunk in the pic isn't a very skunky smelling one, it is strong smelling but its a sweeter. But I selected this for yield not smell there were smellier plants in the pack if that's what you're after.

I grew Hashplant this year aswell and the one I kept is strong as fuck and reeks of that Afghan skunky funk. I'll put a few pics up but I'm sure you will have an issue with something! They are not the seeds sold in 1988 that touched off nevils flute.

In one breath you are saying the fools at sensi can't keep anything going. Then one of these fellas leaves and says shit and you believe him and repeat the words of a disgruntled ex worker? Come on man.

Hashplant, 2019 stock grown in 2020.

Put your toys back in the pram there.

Burt

Veteran
It is very hard to fathom how truly amazing sensi seeds were 20 years ago!
Those packs started more seed banks than OG and Cookies combined!
My cut was from a family on the mountains and even the undersides of fan leaves and stems were covered with resin.
Sensi definitely lost parents over the decades. Perhaps certain mothers were safe but certainly not the fathers