What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good Veteran's Day to all who served.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We don't say it often enough- THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 49

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's shameful how we treat our veterans,it's frankly criminal that even one vet ends up homeless or lacking proper care...not to mention what a huge waste it is to have trained,disciplined people not being given the training and opportunities to bring those skills to civilian life...

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
it's shameful how we treat our veterans,it's frankly criminal that even one vet ends up homeless or lacking proper care...not to mention what a huge waste it is to have trained,disciplined people not being given the training and opportunities to bring those skills to civilian life...
Correction... [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]it was shameful how we treated our veterans, it's frankly criminal that even one vet ends up homeless or lacking proper care...

IMHO that has been corrected in 2015 here, and 2016 in the US.

Totally agree with the rest. There should never be a homeless vet!
[/FONT]

CosmicGiggle

Veteran

At the end of WWII vets came home and the GI bill was created giving them the benefit of a college education and cheap mortgages and leading directly to the prosperity of the 1960's.

We can do a lot better, thanks to all ICMag Vet's!

Sunshineinabag

I think it's a shame that we can't find eligible candidates as easily as the sheep of our nation think we can.........in a sincerity you should be terrified that we have what two three generations that believe hard ( trades that require you to work with your hands and work hard) these types of jobs are below them. They rather fuk a fleshlight live on cam and pay to watch their friends play video games........I can't see these folks passing the physical, let alone being able to handle the discipline that life required at least in my day.
The men who came before me we're fuken MEN OF STEEL. THEY LAID DOWN THE SACRIFICES WE ENJOY. I am part of a gold star family so it hits deep everytime this year. Talk about offended flowers can you imagine if patton were alive? Lmaop? First and foremost before any brother or sister can get help is making sure we're in a good place in our heads....accepting help....
Stop blaming ourselves......healthy thoughts,foods,actions and a really good fuken dog go along long way to perm happiness.....mental health...and housing. Anyone in a military family....your my family! Who don't like a new school every grade of highschool as dad goes from base to base? Lol vagabond friendships

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First and foremost before any brother or sister can get help is making sure we're in a good place in our heads....accepting help.... It's the bureaucratic hoop jumping vets jump through in order to obtain quality care/benefits.

Hoping Biden helps revamp Vet Med Centers to make sure enough staffing, services are met and easier access.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
OK Pinball, I was gonna say few people on here remember when that photo was in the news...

but then I clicked it open..Who the fuck's face is that photoshopped on to it?

---------------------------------------------------------

I missed being drafted for 'Nam by the skin of my teeth...

My Dad was a recently retired US Navy Lt. (O3)...But he was the ship's navigator so he was 3rd in command of some of the ships he served on...

He didn't want me being sent to Vietnam, even though he was on a ship in the western Pacific Ocean for all of 1945 and just off the coast of Korea on a ship in 1952...
Of course, he was just a squid back then..
But he damn sure made sure I went and registered when I turned 18.

Mrs. G.'s Dad was 10 years older than my Dad...
He was a Sargent (E6) in the Army and is one of the men who went ashore on Normandy on June 6, 1944..

I think about both of them... they'd be very sad if they saw all the pussy men running around these days...

Sunshineinabag

I. Walk the drunk camps daily looking for vets fed up and ready to talk......I'll never give up...the local street outreach ain't enough

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I served. Many of the voices here would not last a day in boot when they were told to shut the fuck up and march.

Ex-army/ex-navy here. While I might agree with this, I wouldn't be so cocky about it. Most people on this forum would be too old for boot camp, and too smart. That's why the man get you when you're young and dumb and can/will still do this without asking why and who the fuck is some young pimple farmer drill sarge to tell me to do shit.

If you take pride in taking orders without thinking about it. And you think people who couldn't or wouldn't are somehow below you.. Pride is a mofo, innit?

And veterans. I'm an army veteran, which means I served and lasted. Not a big deal. Got out hating it, would not recommend that military crap to anyone.

My grandpa, he was a war veteran, he got shot in the face during WW2 in the front line. Barely survived. He didn't want to talk about it, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have recommended it either.

Difference is, I did it because I was young, dumb and thought it was the thing to do 'cause I didn't have much going on in life at that time.

He did it because he had to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH5aFfjjQUc

It don't mean nothing, not a thing.

TheMan13

Veteran
There is a ton of vets here on ICMag. I'm not sure if some of us are taking @stickyunderwear a bit out of context here, whatever that context may be. We all remember being young, naive and dumb going through boot camp. There were always a certain % of our peers that just were not going to make it for a plethora reasons, regardless of the generation. They are actually the protagonists in some of our greatest war stories. Too be honest, there are a few of those cats floating around here ;-)~

Sunshineinabag

Nothing sticky said was obtuse in fact it's truth........ I'm sure he has heard " but sarge I'm scared" before
Can we start a veteran ps4 world of tanks group so you guys can show me how to drive my MERIKA muscle tanks?