What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unclefishstick Mars Hydro Cup 2020

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'm sure i could do much better by doing some things differently...if i was doing actual scrogs and vegging the plants in place i could get my gpw up quite a bit...but that would be a hassle since most of the garden runs on power panels and i like to have a space turned over quickly...i can harvest a tent,get it cleaned and reset with fresh plants in like an hour...i constantly need more veg space...now that free cooling season is coming i can open up more space...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some pics showing the growth in 3 weeks...

day 1 flower
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

day 20 flower

picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
gonna go ahead and add this tent to the mix since it will have a tsl2000 in it by tomorrow...

just got a clip on fan for it,and started clipping the tops down...

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
new stuff!

must be mars day!
picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
oh yeah, that's some nice stuff unc! Like crimas :xmasnut:

I'm gonna sit in the chair that dude's underneath and rip bongs and I just had beanie weenies so that wont be all that's rippin' ;D

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oh yeah, that's some nice stuff unc! Like crimas :xmasnut:

I'm gonna sit in the chair that dude's underneath and rip bongs and I just had beanie weenies so that wont be all that's rippin' ;D
should be right around xmas when these lights start to put out!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Feel free to order from our website directly when you are ready. Discount code"ICMAG" :D

I’ve been running 6000 W HPS in my room traditionally for 20 years plus sometimes up to 10,000 W HPS I’m curious about the heat issue I always deal with in the winter time and how these new LEDs can run cooler? Wondering what kind of investment it would take to refit that amount of high pressure sodium? One of the things I noticed with LEDs is that there’s a lot of hanging wires if the fixtures are very light that would be a plus ....my hoods are extremely light... Easy to manage and maneuver in one of the reasons I continue to use them ....I’m still waiting for one of my peers to conclusively say that the LEDs will blow my HPS out of the water....:chin:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve been running 6000 W HPS in my room traditionally for 20 years plus sometimes up to 10,000 W HPS I’m curious about the heat issue I always deal with in the winter time and how these new LEDs can run cooler? Wondering what kind of investment it would take to refit that amount of high pressure sodium? One of the things I noticed with LEDs is that there’s a lot of hanging wires if the fixtures are very light that would be a plus ....my hoods are extremely light... Easy to manage and maneuver in one of the reasons I continue to use them ....I’m still waiting for one of my peers to conclusively say that the LEDs will blow my HPS out of the water....:chin:

short answer,it would cost a lot to replace them...basically a 4x4 area is going to need about 6-700 bucks worth of leds...but it will cut your electric bill about in half just on lighting,and of course they are much cooler running...that said you're still dealing with the same 3 btu/watt that any lighting makes heat wise...

in your case you could probably do blended lighting replacing enough hps lamps with led to get your heat where you want it...

as far as yield,you can't ask me since i'm a painfully average grower...an led is a tool and you need to use it properly to maximize the potential...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
alrighty,another 6 sq feet of mar-sy goodness...

tsl2000 in a mars hydro 2x4 tent....4x GMO 6 days of 12/12

picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is there such a thing as too many tents?

up to 7 now...6 of them have at least a bit-o-mars in them...oh yeah,i'm still waiting for restock on a mars 4x4 tent!

anyway,the new 2x4 is mostly ready to go...

picture.php
[/FONT]

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Wuts makes u take mars tent over a cheap ass vivosun? Jus curious cuz when i used to buy expensive tents id still have issues with zippers and light holes here and there, now i just got some black and whit gorilla tape, black for the outside whit fo the inside and I can fix any tent, unless the bars fail which ive yet to see...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so far the mars tents are a good value for what you get...i've had the 5x5 for a bit over a year and never a snagged zipper...plus i think the vivosun has plastic corners which i don't want no matter what the price...and i also get a good deal from mars...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
week one finished in the 2x4 tent,just swapped in the tsl2000 a few days ago,the plants seem to be digging it so far,good growth apparent with each visit,should get a fairly full screen...

picture.php

[/FONT]

picture.php
[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a weeks growth in the 2x4...