What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Garden Love

M

member 505892

Should be nice

picture.php

M

member 505892

Nice! Get em in the ground, the container, etc!

Already put some in the ground, mostly looking for a male to cross to the CBD MH mother, so i can get to BX3 or BX4.

I will need to buy some CBD test kits to find the males that are carrying a good ratio of CBD:THC, and hopefully it passes on.

The mother tastes and smells like orange mango. Delicious.

M

member 505892

I have another project i'm slowly crawling towards.

It is project SOUR BUBBLEBERRY

It is a goal to find a plant with a sour bubbleberry flavour, and a lot of resin.
It has to have a blueberry Hubba Bubba bubblegum flavour and smell, but with an extra sour tang.
No diesel kind of flavour, just sharp/sour.

I think i can get there. I've had the exact blueberry Hubba Bubba flavour in a plant years ago, and have had various different sharp/sour kind of flavours, so maybe i'll get lucky, but i'm patient.

M

member 505892

C99 pineapple reveg, she took a long time.

(How do i upload a larger image? I see some people have larger crisper pictures but mine automatically get shrunk.)

picture.php

T

Teddybrae

Mate ... I too grow Mango Haze X High CBD from Mr Nice. But these are AUD$20 each seed by the time I get them to Oz! I too am seeking to de-feminise this strain. Watching to see if anyone says how ... Welder Dan, maybe. or is my memory playing tricks ... ?

PS: Is it cool to ask who is your Vendor?

PPS: Open yr album, select an image, open image, right click on "BB Code" at the bottom of yr image, click copy, then paste into your post. which you should have open in another tab at same time. So two tabs open at once, swap between ...

M

member 505892

Thanks Teddy,

Yes, that's what i have done copy and paste the BBcode but i'm just unsure why my images are always downsized more than other peoples seem to be.
Some people have the resized image but also the option to click on it to see a higher resolution image, whereas mine do not have the option.

I can't remember where i got the CBD Mango Haze from but they were CBD Crew seeds.

picture.php

picture.php

I grew a few of the CBD MH x GK F2 and chose a male to pollinate the CBD MH mother but he didn't release any pollen at all.... will have to try some more. :frown:

T

Teddybrae

So if the CBD Mango Haze was feminised, which implies no flowers, how did you fertilise it to get seeds?

M

member 505892

So if the CBD Mango Haze was feminised, which implies no flowers, how did you fertilise it to get seeds?

Huh? Feminized equals no flowers?? I think you're a little confused Teddy....

Feminized seeds means all female plants, and i pollinated the winner with GK F2 pollen.

Then i grew out a few of the cross to find a male, and that male produced no pollen, so i'll have to try some more of those seeds to find a viable male to pollinate the CBD MH mother, thus creating the BX1~ (CBD MH x (CBD MH x GK F2)

:)

T

Teddybrae

You bet I 'm a LOT confused! I musta got up still full of last night's edibles (Mango Haze CBD by the way) and just chattered whatever shit was at the top of my mind.
So the secret to getting seeds is the Silver Iodide treatment so 's a male branch happens.
Hmmm. Haven't got time to fuck around in the garden. Will just buy some more.

Huh? Feminized equals no flowers?? I think you're a little confused Teddy....

Feminized seeds means all female plants, and i pollinated the winner with GK F2 pollen.

Then i grew out a few of the cross to find a male, and that male produced no pollen, so i'll have to try some more of those seeds to find a viable male to pollinate the CBD MH mother, thus creating the BX1~ (CBD MH x (CBD MH x GK F2)

:)

M

member 505892

You bet I 'm a LOT confused! I musta got up still full of last night's edibles (Mango Haze CBD by the way) and just chattered whatever shit was at the top of my mind.
So the secret to getting seeds is the Silver Iodide treatment so 's a male branch happens.
Hmmm. Haven't got time to fuck around in the garden. Will just buy some more.

No, there's no need to do anything differently, the sex reversal was already done by the breeder to create the feminized seeds.... feminized seeds will grow only female plants, which can be pollinated by any regular pollen, which is what i did.

T

Teddybrae

Yeah, but ... when you introduce another variety then you may 'de-nature' the original. Maybe make it weaker. Probly make it weaker.

I know about Mendel's experiments and crossing varieties that are far apart (genetically speaking) will produce a plant more vigorous than its parents ... but which part will be more vigorous? Maybe not the part we already like. Maybe it'll be less CBD but more vigorous plant;etc etc.

Silver iodide treatment to get a male, thus self-pollination, allows exactly the same genetics to go forward ...

No, there's no need to do anything differently, the sex reversal was already done by the breeder to create the feminized seeds.... feminized seeds will grow only female plants, which can be pollinated by any regular pollen, which is what i did.

M

member 505892

Yeah, but ... when you introduce another variety then you may 'de-nature' the original. Maybe make it weaker. Probly make it weaker.

I know about Mendel's experiments and crossing varieties that are far apart (genetically speaking) will produce a plant more vigorous than its parents ... but which part will be more vigorous? Maybe not the part we already like. Maybe it'll be less CBD but more vigorous plant;etc etc.

Silver iodide treatment to get a male, thus self-pollination, allows exactly the same genetics to go forward ...

I'm keeping the mother i have and am planning on doing a BX1, BX2 and then maybe a BX3 to try and get seeds that will produce plants -similar- to the mother.

I plan on buying CBD-THC test kits to test the samples of the BX's so i can hopefully get the CBD genetics to pass down.

I could try reversing the mother as well, but for now the BX is my plan. :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts