What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Road Kill Skunk (Blueskiesvienna)

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
It smells like a skunk, not very fuckin hard to imagine if you've ever smelled a skunk.

What a lazy ass tucking response, even the skunk smell can be broken down into similarities.

"It sme like a skunk" No shit pet detective.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
sure, i would blame the construction of those leaking ops if that material can absorb how much and what type of whats ? it is widely used in chemistry/ industry....

TheDarkStorm

I used to grow rks in the 80's and it looked nothing like that.
Dark green wide leaf with dark green hard but medium sized buds. Not a very tall plant with fairly tight internodes.
The cuts I used originated in Seattle and to my understanding that was the birthplace. Back when Seattle was the cutting edge of indoor growing.

Sounds like your descrbing one of the Afghan types that were coming out of those areas....this seams to be the problem...i think we are all actually thinking of different things..an further confusion is caused by the line called skunk#1 wich is sams line.....yeah wat I remember as rks had luminous green type buds...not dark.....so definitely different things.
I think a fare questions to ask is...as a community do we all agree that the rks was definitely a skunk strain and part of the skunk family line....or is rks some sort of pre invasion afghan type that just got tagged as skunk....bit hard to find something wen we are all thinking of different things

rolandomota

Veteran
It's called zorrillo in Mexico so yea they know about it I guess at one point it was grown to keep people away because no one wants to get sprayed by a skunk
Imagine someone drying their guerrilla crop in the woods he's looking at his buds inspecting if their finished then all of a sudden a twig breaks and he turns around scared with his heart and mind racing ....... nothing is their ok cool then bamm sprayed .....he gets sprayed by a skunk that's at his feet and now he has the skunkiest buds anyone has ever smelled
Lol Smoke a Doobie of that funky real skunky shit

All joking aside I think it's because it stinks so much and people now know what it is it's just not practical to grow super stinking skunk weed just like the longer flower weed it's less common now

Mr. J

What a lazy ass tucking response, even the skunk smell can be broken down into similarities.

"It sme like a skunk" No shit pet detective.
Why would I need to complicate things even more? What's so hard to understand? It smells like a skunk. If you know what a skunk smells like then that's all I need to tell you.

Great outdoors

Sounds like your descrbing one of the Afghan types that were coming out of those areas....this seams to be the problem...i think we are all actually thinking of different things..an further confusion is caused by the line called skunk#1 wich is sams line.....yeah wat I remember as rks had luminous green type buds...not dark.....so definitely different things.
I think a fare questions to ask is...as a community do we all agree that the rks was definitely a skunk strain and part of the skunk family line....or is rks some sort of pre invasion afghan type that just got tagged as skunk....bit hard to find something wen we are all thinking of different things

Well this was certainly pre the days anything was called Afghani, and was certainly no relationship to skunk#1. Names were pretty simple then and it was just called skunk.
Closest comparison looks wise that people would be familiar with these days is northern lights, at least the nl I saw back in the early 90's, haven't seen any in years. But nl couldn't hold a candle to it.
This strain did not resemble any Afghani I have seen, but I would think it's origins would be there or somewhere similar. Like I said very broad and dark green leaves and buds. Compact never big colas, short stature and a smell that would reek for miles.
And completely useless outdoors at my latitude. End of October and the buds would be just starting to form. Yet if I remember right it was only 8 to 9 weeks indoor.

And for those that live were skunk cabbage exists, the smell of skunk cabbage flowering in the spring is the exact smell rks had. Find out what terpene dominates the skunk cabbage flower and you should have a direction for your quest.

HPS4VEG

ive had this account for over a decade. quietly looking around to see who is saying what about what. ive ordered countless seeds that claimed to be skunk and ZERO smelled anything like skunk. I decided to try again and see what blueskies had to offer... and honestly, these plants are like a time machine. im smelling smells i havent smelled in 20 years. theres certain characteristics that these plants have like branching patterns, stem rub odours, and short squat growth that reminds me of BC herb from when i was a teen. In canada we KNOW what skunk smells like. anyone who grew up in BC in the 90's knows what i mean. Im not here to shill. Im not a fake account.Just sharing what ive found so far.

HPS4VEG

these are 4 of the females. 1st smells like burnt rubber skunk
2nd smells like skunk and pine. 3rd is skunk and pine but sweeter. 4th is skunky with menthol. this is the 1st week of flower. I will update this as the grow continues. Please do not attack me for giving an honest review. Ive been a strain hunter for as long as some of you have been growers just looking for the kind herb. Peace

Attachments

• skunk1.jpg
    skunk1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 33
  • skunk2.jpg
    skunk2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 37
  • skunk3.jpg
    skunk3.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 33
  • skunk4.jpg
    skunk4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 38

Great outdoors

these are 4 of the females. 1st smells like burnt rubber skunk
2nd smells like skunk and pine. 3rd is skunk and pine but sweeter. 4th is skunky with menthol. this is the 1st week of flower. I will update this as the grow continues. Please do not attack me for giving an honest review. Ive been a strain hunter for as long as some of you have been growers just looking for the kind herb. Peace

First pic shows some relation possibly to the old rks I grew in BC in the 80's. Other shots not so much.
Not knocking what you're saying, just saying the original from the 80's was squat stature, dark green and broad leaf.
Did grow a menthol type variety back then that was the ultimate knockout weed that looked more along the lines of your other pics.
The only way to know is with smellavision....

rolandomota

Veteran
The first thing I'm going to grow next time is all my small and medium bags of Mexico I know for a fact theirs a skunky one in those groups for now theirs no room maybe you will hear about my Mexican skunk latter and that's a very probable maybe ....2 3 years so don't expect anything soon or get your hopes up folks

JetLife175

Veteran
The first thing I'm going to grow next time is all my small and medium bags of Mexico I know for a fact theirs a skunky one in those groups for now theirs no room maybe you will hear about my Mexican skunk latter and that's a very probable maybe ....2 3 years so don't expect anything soon or get your hopes up folks

I have to agree with you on the mexican side of things. Just a hunch but I’ve found very skunky plants in a old Oaxaca line I’ve had around in my family for a couple generations.

HPS4VEG

First pic shows some relation possibly to the old rks I grew in BC in the 80's. Other shots not so much.
Not knocking what you're saying, just saying the original from the 80's was squat stature, dark green and broad leaf.
Did grow a menthol type variety back then that was the ultimate knockout weed that looked more along the lines of your other pics.
The only way to know is with smellavision....

The shorter one is the most "RKS" so far. Its tough to branch out and requires special training and topping to achieve this. This is the one i am watching the closest.

Great outdoors

The shorter one is the most "RKS" so far. Its tough to branch out and requires special training and topping to achieve this. This is the one i am watching the closest.

Old rks I grew was not very branchy either and had surprisingly little leaf for a broad leafed Indica.

Bmac1

Veteran
It all just seems so silly to me. I understand marketing and creating hype etc but if you have real RKS or some other unicorn from years past, get some cuts out. If skunk is being found, where are the cuts? Duping people into buying your wares on a false bill of goods is a very short sighted and opportunistic approach. Put one real cut in to circulation that came from these beans and you won't be able to keep them in stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts