What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai's Blooper Reel

thailer

i've been told that many follow the recipe and have a bad time. the advice i got was to dilute it down and then see what my desired dose was so i could make it stronger. i never got around to doing it because i was making salve quite a bit so all the hash got used for that. here in washington i can buy 100 mg edibles per day and avg cost is $20-25 for that amount.

i got a cut of Remedy CBD that was tested 16% THC and 7% cbd but the plant is finicky and difficult to grow. i haven't bloomed it out yet but a friend who is almost to harvest with it told me he is not impressed with it. i was going to buy some packs of cbd beans but i would have to pay for testing each strain to find the best one. i saw some companies offering at home test kits for a reasonable price. my grow is only so big and it seems like this project always takes back burner.

ideally i want a high cbd strain with very low THC which has been really helpful for anxiety but costs a lot more money than edibles. once i find the right plant, i'll be processing a lot more hash for caps, salves and i'd love to try some edibles. when i first started growing i just wanted to get high but now i am finding a need for more medical applications.

thailer

thats awesome!! i will definitely try that. I like that it even does it with veg material although i'd wait till i had cured flower. i'll have to start looking more at CBD strains. i'll have to test TO and OC that i just harvested.

I put GMO, TO and Orange Cream into flower today. the NCC jelly breath and mac will wait a little while. Orange Cream will be ready April 7th @10 weeks while GMO and TO will be ready April 21 @12 weeks.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
orange cream for the holidaze!

if you don't mind a seed hunt you should def check out medtree seeds (icmagger ectraveller). his gear is fucking awesome and you'll find way better CBD ratios and nicer (stronger, healthier, better looking, smelling, tasting, testing) plants than that cut you described.

thailer

Finished trimming up the last round and the next round is 28 days into bloom and another at one week into bloom. I decided to cull 3 Scoops because even though she is a great plant, i do not like the flavor. its a vanilla ice cream bland kind of flavor.

Got a couple clones recently and the minute i got the, i checked them under my scope to find russets. tossed them and sanitized everything. been a coupe weeks and I feel solid about it being clean in there.

i did find a mite on one plant in bloom. i think it's a spider mite baby but i have found zero eggs or mites plus the mite didn't have two spots but was plainly visible to the camera for a fan leaf pic. sprayed them down to be safe.

I have another round in a different room that just got transplanted in their final pots and getting over transplant. a couple of them are much bigger than the others so i am hoping i can harvest some in the other room and dos si do the plants so the smaller veggers can catch up.

The One nugs
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

next round TO is in KIS water only soil and the last round was in coot mix with malibu compost.

i was told that maibu compost is mostly cow poop and the biodynamic plant material added is a few ounces. So i went out to the worm farm and bought castings from them for the new coot mix soil. I'm hoping to drive down to portland because i have a buddy there with a commercial sized worm bin that is literally worms stacked on top of worms. He is gonna hook me up with a couple totes of vermicompost and enough worms to get a bin going. I compost outdoors and between the veggies and cannabis, i can't produce enough. I rearranged the garage when the new room was built so theres some room for a small bin indoors.

thailer

picture.php

Orange Cream Nugs above and bloom below. 24 days
picture.php

GMO 24 days
picture.php

North cascade cut of jelly breath and mac1 are the plants i just put into bloom. I left them in their final pots too long because i was taking bunches of cuts off of them. So they're in bloom but they didn't get a good start like the others did. the mac leaves are a weird green with purple middle veins. lol it is the blooper reel.:laughing:

NCC of JB a week into bloom below looks much greener than the pick with lighter green new growth from the stretching. i guess it really is just mac1 that is kinda fucked from the start.

picture.php

thailer

I popped some Tranquil Elephantizer F2's, the first ones bodhi made that are discontinued. three of the five have popped and i'm hoping the other two will because that's all i got and i'm making F3's.

The One has super severe spray damage. i'll post pics tomorrow. she's all fried.

GMO was growing beautifully but now has some weird yellowing i typically get. i've been trying to figure out if it's my recipe (coot mix) or the compost i'm using, malibu so I bought a couple bags of KIS water only soil and those plants look really nice. i know the compost he uses is from Four Corners where it's mixed at. if you've seen pics of the compost, it doesn't look that great at all so i am pretty irritated. i might fork over the money for the ammendment pack and mix up a cubic yard. if it still doesn't work, then it's the compost i'm using. I also mixed up some coot mix with a new compost that i'm hoping will solve everything.

a friend is giving me some shatter so i'm gonna make some vape carts for public use for discretion. i picked out two companies to try and bought some CBD isolate from cbdistillery to add to the shatter on recommendation from a friend. they seem to really enjoy it.

when i was reading about how to make the vape carts, i kept reading about entourage effects. i found a couple terpene blends that said they help like they're supposed to. i wanted the effect of Joy so i looked at the blend and its basically beta carophylene and linalool. Floraplex has a Blue Cheese terpene blend that is mainly those two plus more at lower rates so i am hoping for a joyful berry cheese experience. this company has no pg, vg, mct with all terpenes.

the other company is MassTerpenes and they have a 5 cart kit so i picked out one that has a candy flavor. with the candy flavors they add a small amount of PG so there's two different styles to try out; PG and PG free 100% terps.

i did check out the cannabis derived terps but its just too expensive. i just want to be able to get stoned when i'm at work so i thought a flavored vape cart would work out well. still love the flower.

moses wellfleet

Veteran
I say put some worms in your containers, you only need a few to start it off. The container will be overflowing with worms in no time. I have a mix of red wrigglers and night crawlers. The red wrigglers stay at the surface feeding below the mulch layer. The night crawlers get down deep and deposit those piles of castings at the surface. I like the idea that they are making aeration tunnels everywhere and also mixing the top dressed minerals and nutrients evenly throughout the mix!!

thailer

i usually have worms in the pots from the compost but its not as active as some peoples pots like you're saying they overflow. i've been using compost so i switched to fresh worm castings from a farm. those plants are doing ok so far. the KIS soil plants look really good. i used orange cream to test it with and she's looking really nice praying hard this whole time.

i really don't want to buy Tad's soil. i just wanted to test out a different recipe to see if maybe there was something better out there.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
dried flowers look great!

i have been using cbdistillety for years they are consistent and decent price.

just did a cbd isolate cart for my sweetie using ej’s mix (pg/peg blend) she’s happy with. i don’t like its flavor personally and never had good success using rosin or bho.

did a lot of experimenting with canna derived terps with mixed success. it can get kinda throat burny.

if you have access to clean distillate that is definitely the easiest and most effective for vape carts imo.

definitely nice to have something so discrete for driving or while at the day job :smoke:

thailer

i can buy distillate. i really prefer vaping distillate over the regular carts because it seems to burn and taste better. everyone online makes it look so easy. lmao I read a lot of folks weren't liking the pg ones because of a burnt plastic taste or due to the health concerns. So i wanted to use the same batch of shatter with two different products; one being a pg vg free 100% terpine. Floraplex comes in two bottles so i can make flavorless if i want. i really hope this works out. Driving IS my day job. lol

floraplex was $18 for the liquifier and $30 for 5 ml terps.

Massterpenes was $35 for a 5 ml liquifier that can be either flavorless or come in flavors, five heavy metal free carts, syringe and vials to mix in.

cbdistillery was $30 for a gram of isolate powder.

thailer

I keep missing the time when the lights shut off to be able to get some pics. i'm gonna set an alarm today to remind me. last night i was cooking and realized they shut off.

picture.php

picture.php

Mac1 about 2.5 weeks in bloom

picture.php

picture.php

NCC of JB in bloom

thailer

So i was trying out new composts to see if i was having problems because of that. i bought some fresh castings from a local farm and the plants in the new mix are doing really well.

Moses got me thinking about the worms in the soil and how many there were or rather lack of. Some people get these great shots of lots of worms in their pots but i have worms, but just not a lot. like i can find three or four in each pot. the problems started when i upgraded from smaller pots to these larger 20 gallons which are difficult for me to pick up to check for water unlike the ten gallons. So, i'm gonna make a couple sips and see if there's improvement.

picture.php

no burnt tips or yellowing edges and a healthy full green color!!

picture.php

seedlings are starting to pop up too. summer is coming so i can stick some of the plants outdoors to make room for males indoors.

thailer

finally got some decent pics of the ladies in bloom tonight!

I also built a SIP using a home depot HDX 27 gallon tote, perforated corrugated 4" drain pipe, some perlite to fill in large gaps, a hydro bulkhead for 1/2" tubing on the overflow. the only thing that doesn't work is my floating water gauge :( i even shoved styrofoam inside the hollow tube that is super light weight. i'll just have to think of something else. maybe a wooden dowel i can stick down there and measure water level by where the water mark is on the dowel.

MAC1 entering wk 3 tomorrow
picture.php

North Cascade Cut of Jelly Breath wk 3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

orange cream at week six tomorrow

picture.php

picture.php

GMO week three. she is sucking up water quick! she has more soil next round and if the SIPs work out well, she will go from 15 to i'm guessing about 23 gallons if you don't include the rez. it is the blooper reel..... :tiphat:

picture.php

picture.php

thailer

the plants are really loving their new soil mix that has the castings only compared to the malibu compost. i'm really loving the change in lights because the pics are much better.

picture.php

only three of five seeds popped out of the soil. i tried to find the seed but i can't. i can't get anymore because as far as i can tell, nobody has seeds of it anymore. probably just the Remix and Remix v2. those would be alright too i suppose. bodhi used a different male in the remix. if this project doesn't look very promising when they get into bloom, I have some cheese beans i want to go through. i saw this resinous male plant and i want one for myself.

anyone see the male picture thread that was bumped a few days ago? the pics in the beginning of the thread have resinous males, particularly chem. the thread starts in 2012 and as time goes on, posts of resinous males basically go away. big giant fat flowers are now small wispy male flowers. did anyone notice that? do you think most people focus on the female and don't really pay attention to the male plant? like they get to the point of pollen and cull but doesn't a lot of the flower structure happen a little bit PAST pollen release? i hope that makes sense.

Attachments

37.6 KB · Views: 22

thailer

No TO this round?
i culled her because 75% of the leaves were crispy from the spray i did. shouldn't have done the spray. i don't think i have spider mites. i think a soil mite just crawled up on a lower leaf and i just overreacted. i couldn't find a single egg and still can't. the plants in veg have a nice TO about ready. i am going to take some clones of the biggest ones today. by the time they're ready in their final pots, I'll really have to dosido the plants in the room. right now i'm vegging in the larger room and the small room is filled. should be interesting. seems like all i've been doing is cloning. haha

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Ah OK. If you suspect spider mites but are not sure, mist the plants with a fine spray of water from a spray bottle. If it is spider mites the webs will suddenly reveal themselves when the droplets collect on them. Looks kinda spooky, haunted house lol!!

thailer

it's never been bad enough to get much webbing. that farm i worked at up in the forest had spider mites so bad, there were strands 3-4 feet long floating from the branches of the tall moms. it was like walking in spider webs. what a shit show. still wasn't as bad as the first place. rather walk through spider webs than itch with a rash from their "organic" sprays for russets. that whole experience was such a disappointment.