What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
The formula is:
12 • pounds ÷ ppm = drops
... in other words you need an accurate PPM meter and a calculator :D

Im tempted to get a bottle from the chemist just to have the occassional dose once every month or so for good health - its not that expensive, and that way I wont have any doubts about the PPM/dosage. Think I'll save my homemade stuff for the greens :D - especially because you need to make high-PPM CS for that purpose. Call me a wuss if you will :D

Last edited:

chosen

Veteran
Nice Info... You guys should really think about going 12/12 from seed combined with the Fem seed.
Love It

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Nice Info... You guys should really think about going 12/12 from seed combined with the Fem seed.
Uhh... can we ask why? :smile: I don't think I'm quite understanding you .... what's the link between feminized seeds and going 12/12 from seed?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
2ezy, that's fair enough - GA, STS and CS have all been proven to work ... but can you provide some reasons why use GA (other than "because I've already got it")? :smile:
CS is a lot cheaper, easy to make on demand, not controlled, non-toxic, safer to use ...

Last edited:
this is a great thread guys.. I appreciate the info CB, PM, and GK. STS is far from being to hard.. (was gonna try that soon) but with CS being THIS easy and availabile (already have silver coins from back in the glass blowing days)..

I imagine you guys (Gk) aren't making gallons a day of the CS? How much water should be used overnight with this size generator in the thread? this might seem like a dumb ? but , are you making the CS (say w/ a half liter of water) then adding that to water to thin it out? (for multiple plants)

I mean you can just buy a couple of these dc adapters at a pawn shop for a buck and make a few generators.. but I'm just trying to think of scale. .and with enough things in all of our lives to worry about. checking on my CS farm is the last thing I need. :)

the foam or whatever seems like a good idea.. I'm sure some of you have rigged some of these up. What is everyone using to suspend the silver in the water ?? Not trying to make this difficult.. but having to spray daily /every other day means making alot of solution//
It seems buying 999 silver wire would be the easy way for everything. to suspend that is.

2ezy

PhenoMenal said:
2ezy, that's fair enough - GA, STS and CS have all been proven to work ... but can you provide some reasons why use GA (other than "because I've already got it")? :smile:
CS is a lot cheaper, easy to make on demand, not controlled, non-toxic, safer to use ...

Mate but that's enough reason right there! I've got it and it's ready to go with no messing around. It is not controlled here in the land down ganja though, it isn't real safe your right, however it is very effective and the paste is easier(and safer) to work with than the spray.

Don't get me wrong I reckon it is cool what you have done and I would do the same if I couldn't get my GB.

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Sounds interesting and like a real no-brainer. A couple of questions though before I give up my current method......

What is the target strength of the final solution / suspension?

As a TDS meter is reading Disolved Solids and not Suspended matter, are the TDS readings accurate, or would an EC reading be more appropriate?

If this is a suspension as opposed to a solution, how long will the silver stay in suspension before parcipitating out? This will determine how much can be prepared in advance and for how long it can be stored.

Using your given voltage & amperage, and a known amount of silver surface contact area, what volume of distilled water are you working with?

G

Guyute54

So basically this stuff turns your plant's into hermaphrodites. And the hermie pollen is used to make female seeds ? Won't the offspring (seeds) have some hermie trait's then? I really want to try this out but am worried what the offspring will be. Any good links to someone using this method ?

BLOTTO

yeah very informative thread...enjoyed it

I've got a question to you pros like cbf, goldking or phenomenal. Do you know how to do it with GA Spray and is it possible with GA Spray?

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
If you want to simplify further, you can drill small holes in the coins and attach the wires to that, that way you can nix the alligators. Again, keeping that point above and out of the water.

These girls came from GK's SD S1's, no hermies at all, most stable girl in the stable.
H

razyr

For all those trying to find silver coins, most pawn shops have coins that people have sold which you can get a good deal on, also banks and shops that sell rare coins usually have some pure silver coins available. Hope that helps in your hunt...peace.

good call razyr.. that's where mine came from back in the day.. its like a comemorative coiin.. its not even real currency I don't think. Anyone know where the best place for the wire is?

Guyute54 the hermi thing with s1 s is kinda a myth.. let me explain my point of view

There's natural hermi .. where given stress or not a plant tends to throw some male pollen sacs even though its a female.

These plants should be cul'd from a garden right away and never bred with. But sometimes a cutting /strain will be kept that sometimes hermi's (thai, SourD among many many others) when these are s1'd or selfed using a controlled chemical to induce male pollen to grow on a female .. your passing on the hermi traits already found in the plant. Now hermi tendencies don't always come out.. but can be passed on.. that's why some people complain about Rez's sourd having hermis and some don't.. the plants were bred using sourd a known hermi and soma's seeds of nyc diesel that are obviously from hermi.

Now if you take a healthy plant that doesn't have hermi tendencies and use GA , colloidial silver, or STS,, you should be inducing male pollen.. It's a little different.. but the difference means alot. Your passing on the genetics of a non-hermi plant but in a hermi state if you will. Without having hands on knowledge of breeding on a large scale.. but reading just a little you can find that selfing is very important in breeding projects in most things not cannabis related.

Everyone always says watch your feminized seed plants real close.. but usually your going to hear no problems with most seed.

G

Guyute54

Thank's for the reply GG!! I was kind of thinking that might be the case too, but wanted to be sure. This is very exciting to me I have 2 strains going right now that I only have a female or 3 of (Sweetcindy 99 and Mississippi Mudd) and no males I really wanted to keep them around and now I can and also have female seeds :woohoo:

Heady NUGs

Awesome thread. Have considered making one of these for quite some time, but never really heard a definate answer as to how well it works. Seems like everyone is having success with it.

Any suggestions for using it on outdoor plants?

Found lots of silver wire on ebay if anyone is having problems locating it.

Last edited:

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
were gonna read about someone shocking the shit out of themselves one day...watch ...interesting read tho

BLOTTO

sorry to disturb you again but are you expert guys able to tell me if i can make female pollen with GA spray and how i could try it?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
were gonna read about someone shocking the shit out of themselves one day...watch ...
Even if it makes contact with the water you wont get zapped by turning the switch on at the wall socket, but yes i guess there is the occassional fool out there who'll plug in and turn on before setting up, but the rest of us use common sense.