What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Issue with cartridges for pens..

EastCoast710

so.. I did wat everyone suggested and read up on it.. watched youtube videos.. and everything..

figured. 50/50 pg vg would world with decarbed oil.. well after sitting at room temp.. it seems like its all falling out of concentration.. I mixed the 50/50 with the decarbed oil.. and I let it sit on heat . mixing with a stirbar for 48 hours. looked perfect when done.. so I syringed into carts.. and the first day puffing on it was great.. woke up this morning to find every cart has somewhat separated ..

does anyone have a full proof recipe for this.. this is strictly so I can get away with toking at my new job.. and for my brother and friends who have jobs like laywers and sales men who cannot smell like buds all day lol..

thanks in advance.. please someone point me in the right direction.. or is this a premade solution I just could add my oil to that works great or who has the best reputation for this type of thing.

or is there another solvent/ solution I could mix the decarbed oil into that works well in those carts for vape pens? basically aiming for a E Liquid type of Juice with oil mixed in it

My buddy has been using a company called farm to vape http://www.farmtovape.com/ after having the same issues as you.

I have no doubt sourcing the materials on your own would be cheaper but if you can spare $30 you will get everything you need.

I have seen my buddy make his mixture by placing the actual bottle in boiling water for 3 minutes and then shaking and also just pouring boiling water into a mug and leaving it for 10 minutes and then shaking with both methods working fine.......and by fine I mean NO separation even after letting it sit for a couple of weeks before using.

*edit* The link is to a kit that comes with an already made thinner (which you can get with diff flavors added) for making Ejuice along with a boilable bottle to combine your concentrate and thinner.

Description:

The Farm to Vape (FTV) Mango kit is designed to turn your concentrates or oils into eliquid. The Farm to Vape Kit comes with 10ml of FTV Mango and a boil-able glass dropper bottle for mixing/thinning your concentrates into the perfect liquid consistency. The natural mango flavor has a natural terpene profile that adds a light tropical taste to help accentuate the existing subtleties of your concentrate's flavor. The revolutionary FTV dropper bottle boil method makes thinning waxy oils quick and easy. Just place your concentrate in the dropper bottle, add twice as much FTV Mango as you did concentrate. Close the cap. Submerge in boiling water for three minutes (caution this oil will be hot, this should go without saying, but we are saying). Done, ready to fill your tank! It’s that easy. FTV Mango is made from our proprietary blend of NF and FCC rated Polyethylene Glycols PEG400, PEG300 and natural flavor. Made and bottled in the USA in an ISO9001 facility.

mrkushpants

I just made some for the first time a week or two ago. I dont have it anymore and I didnt measure but heres my advice.

Heat like the others said and stir alot. I have made lotions and was a chef, you have to understand making emulsions here. Usually takes more agitation than you think, for longer than you think! Stir well when its hot, about 150-180f. Take 10-15 mins to stir and shake then come back and do it again after a small 5 min break. Let it cool and do the process twice. Mine didnt separate at all over a week.

hamstring

Veteran
Eastcoast

dude you mentioned friends not wanting to smell like pot. I'm over 50 and have been fighting that fight for years too.

I just recently took the QWISO plunge. Its great to be able to take a hit of concentrate and not smell like weed. I'm trying to convince my friends to smoke concentrate. It so much stealthier for the white collar crowd and its healthier the smoking joints in my opinion.

How come your friends prefer the oil vs the concentrate straight up? I am interested to know why the pens are so popular ?

I understand convenience factor but it seems like more work on your side to make a good oil ratio . You could have your friends purchase a $40.00 Evolve Plus pen and give them straight up concentrate to smoke using your extraction method of choice?

Again I'm a dinosaur so I'm just looking for a better understanding of the real popularity of the pens/carts?

Lizard Fish

I don't know why everyone is stuck on mixing with veg/pg blend. Guys the cart technology is there to vape pure, thick oils. It's just a matter of matching up the right cartridge. Make it simple as fuck, order the right cartridge, then put in your decarbed oil. Viola, a fucking cart that works and saves endless posts about VG separating. Not sure how much you read up, but I'm pretty sure about 20 posts down from your post is another dude with the same problem, in fact I am pretty sure every page of this subforum has someone posting about VG not working.

I don't know why everyone is stuck on mixing with veg/pg blend. Guys the cart technology is there to vape pure, thick oils. It's just a matter of matching up the right cartridge. Make it simple as fuck, order the right cartridge, then put in your decarbed oil. Viola, a fucking cart that works and saves endless posts about VG separating. Not sure how much you read up, but I'm pretty sure about 20 posts down from your post is another dude with the same problem, in fact I am pretty sure every page of this subforum has someone posting about VG not working.

Use VG at no more than a 5% add-back rate and it works just fine. No seperation and provides a noticable boost in vapor quantity.

Lizard Fish

But why add it if you don't have to? Just to produce more vapor? More vapor for what? So you can look cool blowing clouds like a dragon while dreaming you are in a competitive vaping competition? I seriously don't get it, please help me understand..

But why add it if you don't have to? Just to produce more vapor? More vapor for what? So you can look cool blowing clouds like a dragon while dreaming you are in a competitive vaping competition? I seriously don't get it, please help me understand..

There's way .... way more vape gear out there that doesn't work with undiluted pure, thick oil. There are many people that dilute by a 3:1 ratio (PG/VG to concentrate) believe it or not and are plenty happy vaping that 15% potency mixture because of the gear they use produces way more vapor than the carts you are referring to. When you are producing that much vapor per hit ............. you are bringing in more THC per hit is my theory.

The e-cig business has had a 5 year head start on concentrate vape gear and there's some pretty wild stuff designed for e-cigs that produce ridiculous amounts of vapor ....as I'm sure you've seen. Custom mods with high voltage, mulitiple low resistant coils are the norm in that business these days. These are designed for e-juice .......which is about 90-95% PG/VG.

Timboy5

guys use winterized bho and holy terp. 1 gram winterized bho to .4ml unflavored holy terp. Will make 2, .5ml pens

tech1234

I have been having short term good luck using distillate with 15 drops of turpenes per gram to reduce the consistency. flows nice through a wick and is ultra smooth and tasty. And POTENT!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use Mixerwhite & or puffmajic for Ecig tanks . the puffmajic has a better taste than the mixer white . but both are 2 to 1 mixes & i use RSO in my mix . both have been in the tanks for a few weeks & have had no seperation at all !

picture.php

KidNasty

so.. I did wat everyone suggested and read up on it.. watched youtube videos.. and everything..

figured. 50/50 pg vg would world with decarbed oil.. well after sitting at room temp.. it seems like its all falling out of concentration.. I mixed the 50/50 with the decarbed oil.. and I let it sit on heat . mixing with a stirbar for 48 hours. looked perfect when done.. so I syringed into carts.. and the first day puffing on it was great.. woke up this morning to find every cart has somewhat separated ..

does anyone have a full proof recipe for this.. this is strictly so I can get away with toking at my new job.. and for my brother and friends who have jobs like laywers and sales men who cannot smell like buds all day lol..

thanks in advance.. please someone point me in the right direction.. or is this a premade solution I just could add my oil to that works great or who has the best reputation for this type of thing.

or is there another solvent/ solution I could mix the decarbed oil into that works well in those carts for vape pens? basically aiming for a E Liquid type of Juice with oil mixed in it

Search for a product called connoisseur concentrates. It's a terpene solution made specifically to dilute shatter and wax to a liquid form that can be used in all tanks and vape cartridges. It's kind of expensive but trust me a little bit goes a long way.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I've been using pure unadulterated BHO in CCELL cartridges. They work great. No additives needed unless you want to add terps for flavor. The BHO I get is tasty on its own . You can add a few drops of PEG400 which adds no taste but improves flow if need be. A bit more voltage is needed but I've been using a cheap battery with three different voltage levels/preheat feature without any problems. I buy the batteries on DHgate . Sixty at a time for 1.60 each with charger, shipping included.
The carts are not cheap if you only buy a few but I've been buying 101 of them at a time so they cost less at 2.50 each. Not much in the scheme of things. . They are not supposed to be reusable but I've refilled one of the cartridges three times now and it is still going just fine.
https://shopapexlab.com/product/0-5ml-ccell-vaporizer-cartridge/?ao_confirm

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I tried DB mix pro at first in a few cheap cartridges. It worked well with no separation but I didnt like the residual/background taste.

Amish Tom

The ccell cartridges are the best I've used. Like Capt. Ahab said, it can handle a really thick oil. I had high hopes for their disposable vape pens, (the kind that has a battery attached) but one of them leaked all over my bag during a flight. Anyone know of a good "all in one" disposable?

Yea it seems CCells are the general concensus here. I'd really recommend using HTFSE (HTE) made from high quality nug. (You can tell you have real quality if it smells and tastes just like the flower it's made from. The type of stuff that you can NOT use stealthily because it smells like skunky sweet dank everytime you take a puff.)

With the CCells, high quality HTE completely reflects the full effect produced by flower which, until now, I have yet to experience in my many years making and consuming extracts.

The same HTE dabbed, does not produce the full effect I get from high quality, terpene rich flower. In the cart, it does. It's my opinion that dabbing is terribly inefficent for consuming concentrates.

Last edited: