What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Coco Bricks

Rondon

I been using Canna Brick Coco Coir for a year now too. Switched from the loose bags like Canna Nutrifield Royal Gold Botanicare readygro etc. Much much cheaper and the same quality. Wet each brick (4 in a package) with one gallon of decent 0.2 to 0.4 EC tap water. If its not...make it that way with reverse osmosis and/or a calmag product. Ph down to 6.0. Remeber...one gallon per brick...warm water. Fluff to taste..transplant...feed in with Canna A&B at 2 tsp od each part. A little Rhizotonic or some other root stimulator and grow away. Simple.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I just hydrate with 1.2 ec nutes, transplant and wait till the new pot is dry before feeding again. This can take up to a week depending on pot size.

I do find bits of plastic sometimes in the bricks and one time there was a mouse in a brick which was not nice to find. I still use the bricks from time to time but mostly use char coir now in bags.

MickFoster

No matter what brand of coco brick I use, I have found the bricks have more powder which turns into sludge. I hydrate with a lot of water and scoop the coco that floats and squeeze to desired moistness, the powdery sludge sinks to the bottom and I toss it. Don't know if it matters but I'll still continue doing it.

Rondon

How much time does it take to soak and fluff out a brick ready for transplanting?

If you use warm water and pour in the Canna brick holes...20 to 40 minutes tops. Simple. And quality. Canna coco bricks pairs perfectly with Canna coco nutes or House & Garden brands. Just use a quality pH/EC meter and keep it calibrated. They have made coco and nutrients to feed about as plug and play as they can.

Have used them for about a year. 4gal of ph'd water and maybe some cal mag and it's ready to grow! Only beef is that a week after rehydration you'll see an abundant amount of gnats, & springtails. But then again, that's with all coco. BOIL the 4 gal. If water before you hydrate and that takes care of the pest problem ;)