What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canna Coco Bricks

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About time for a re-up, anyone tried Canna's bricks?

Maybe it's just the local shop but the savings seem barely there.

I don't know how I fat fingered that thread emoticon or how to undo it. Nevermind.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I've been using them for a year. Cheaper here than bags for sure. Great stuff, I'll never change up from these blocks. 4 blocks in a pack, don't believe the package directions, it takes 1 gal to hydrate 1 block to the correct moisture content. 4 gal for the pack.

Bwanabud

My buddy uses them, and he's a quality grower...he loves them, 1 package in 5 gallons and wrings it out to desired dampness...but no personal experience myself.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Tell him to add only 4 gal and he won't have to waste time wringing it out mate:biggrin: 4 gal is the perfect moisture content for transplants, clones and seeds:tiphat:

DONAJTHEIII

I don't know how I fat fingered that thread emoticon or how to undo it. Nevermind.

switched to ready-gro and wont be going back to canna anytime soon. im not seeing living creatures in my coco anymore wether it be springtails or aphids and its way cheaper.

just my 2 cents

:biggrin:

CoCoSativas

I've been using them for a year. Cheaper here than bags for sure. Great stuff, I'll never change up from these blocks. 4 blocks in a pack, don't believe the package directions, it takes 1 gal to hydrate 1 block to the correct moisture content. 4 gal for the pack.

Agreed 100% it's about a 4 litres of water per quarter of the pack, 10 litres apròx. I love the brick

Bwanabud

switched to ready-gro and wont be going back to canna anytime soon. im not seeing living creatures in my coco anymore wether it be springtails or aphids and its way cheaper.

just my 2 cents

:biggrin:

I've never heard of any problems with bugs & Canna ?

DONAJTHEIII

I've never heard of any problems with bugs & Canna ?

I did sadly :( like i said ready gro is what im using again and the only thing i changed. Even springtails are gone now.

Im not the only one who experienced this on here but if its not broken dont fix it.

:tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

So just hydrate and ready for use, or rinse, rinse, rinse,
and boil like other bricks

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
So just hydrate and ready for use, or rinse, rinse, rinse,
and boil like other bricks

No, Canna makes the best blocks, just hydrate and it's ready for use. No crap in it like other blocks, just beautiful, processed coco coir as good as the stuff in the bags or better.:tiphat:

CoCoSativas

No, Canna makes the best blocks, just hydrate and it's ready for use. No crap in it like other blocks, just beautiful, processed coco coir as good as the stuff in the bags or better.:tiphat:

True there's no crappy. There's actually about ppm of buffer in it their coco is pre bufeed. Idk what theu use bit it's like 125 ppm my buddy tod me

Weeded1s

Anything ..and i mean anything i get from a hydro store i always make sure its clean.
If its bottle i rinse it off good..if its coco i spray spinosad and pyrethrin in and around my coco storage bin.
Lastly if you go into the bug section at your hydro store you should automatically just assume that you probably just picked up the last growers mites,thrips,broads etc etc..so always shower off everytime before you enter your grow.
1 oz of prevention etc etc ..you guys know the saying.
Cheers

CoCoSativas

Anything ..and i mean anything i get from a hydro store i always make sure its clean.
If its bottle i rinse it off good..if its coco i spray spinosad and pyrethrin in and around my coco storage bin.
Lastly if you go into the bug section at your hydro store you should automatically just assume that you probably just picked up the last growers mites,thrips,broads etc etc..so always shower off everytime before you enter your grow.
1 oz of prevention etc etc ..you guys know the saying.
Cheers

I'm going to start using predator nematodes right from the start I'm thinking similar to you

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
i've used the cocotek, botanicare, and prolly some other brand too. nice and convenient and cheap. add water, fluff, mix with perlite and whatever else you use. i use worm castings and lime and some other rock dusts. then use it. never had to rinse it or any of that. i decided to try and rinse it and measure the ppms and shit one day. what a nightmare. runoff said 2000+ppms no matter how much i washed it...then i was like...wtf why am i going though all this worry. i've never rinsed these and it worked great.

so yeah. love bricks of coco, all i've ever used, never had any issues.

also how are you guys finding bugs in bricks of material that have been compressed 20:1 and dried and sitting on a store shelf for who knows how many months? magical invincible superbugs that don't need water and food to live lol?

the things i read on these forums...

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Among some insect species, diapause lasts only until favourable
environmental conditions return, after which the insect resumes
its normal activities. The eggs of the mosquito Aedes vexans,
for example, remain in diapause until the damp soil on which the eggs
are laid is flooded to form a pool suitable for the larvae.

This period can last months, even years.

Dormancy is a real, observable thing, absence of evidence is not
evidence of absence.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
Yeah. Key word in your statement is moist as in water. Coco brick is completely dry, as in 0 moisture. Nothing survives 0 moisture. I suggest you guys figure out how the bugs are really getting in your grow, i assure you they didn't come with a brick of coco. I have found 0 bugs to date in coco. They go from the environment to the moistened inviting coco, not the other way around. #cookiedoh

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep a dozen canna bricks on hand...best coco ive tried yet, and ive tried em all. Even worm farm stuff

Phases

Humm. I've been buying the bag canna coco and just run it straight out of the bag. I was under the impression I would have to rinse and pre charge the bricks. But my local hydro shop has bricks of coco. Might need to give them a shot.

Rondon

I been using Canna Bricks for 2 years now. Most consistent and ive used every damn brand of coir out there. For loose bag...Readygro was my go to...for years. Then i tried the Canna Bricks...never looked back. Its cheaper. One gallon of warm tap per quarter (10 liter brick). And its good to go. So cheap compared to loose bag that i dont even reuse. Its like the Canna loose bag. Same.quality. My tap is 0.2 EC. I bump it up to 0.4 EC with a calmag product. Warm 5 gallon buckets filled.to 4 gallons will do the whole package. Plant and feed in with a mild.base....your off to the races.

Latest posts

Latest posts