What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning with Root Nubs or How to Root Hard to Clone Plants

Nicoli

Veteran
i dont see teh pics! but i see them in ur album.

shes nubs! im waitin on my cloning gel to arrive.

*Lola*

good idea Trichy sorry ya'll :D I'm rusty at photos.

Here is how I glob on the gel! Dont be stingy with it.

]
picture.php

Here is the prized ROOT NUBS, now roots are only a day or two away :D

picture.php

slowandeasy

Veteran
good idea Trichy sorry ya'll :D I'm rusty at photos.

Here is how I glob on the gel! Dont be stingy with it.

]
picture.php

Here is the prized ROOT NUBS, now roots are only a day or two away :D

picture.php

Good work Lola! I hope mine works as well, I did not slop mind on quite that thick. I can see it dried on the stem...so some stayed on there. 4 days now, how long did it take to get those nubs? Thanks!

*Lola*

it depends on the strain

I know you don't want to hear that vague answer, but sorry :D

I usually give em at least a week or 10 days, then i just clip em, dip em, and stick em, I really don't wash it all off to peek under there.

I would just keep observing the different strain, and wait for nubs! Once you got nubs, you got it whipped.

Having never used store bought cloning gel, and different variables, such as application rates and strengths all come into play.

if you want, wait a week and wet a Qtip, and wash the branch off and look under there for root nubs. If you dont see any, just reapply cloning gel, it won't hurt it at all.

:D

those root nubs took about 10 days to show that strong as in the pic and it is on a very good cloning plant too Ice Cool, easy cloner with multiple root sites.

Lola girl!

i nominate you for IC Stoner of the Month award......If you except, your trophy will be sent to you in the mail...and your Avatar pic and name will be placed in the infamous SOTM Wall Of Fame....

Congrats...and im serious.... this is one of the coolest threads I've had the pleasure of reading....Its not everyday that the more experienced growers of IC can learn something new, but this is for sure, something new that I have learned....again....Really cool...

if i can give ya more rep i will, but might have to spread it around a bit....nice job. Nope I can't, i must spread the rep points around before giving you anymore.....i do love you though...

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i'd be happy to present you with something more appropriate, like a son...all you need to do is paint that KY...KIDDING!
shoot, this is worth more than a son...
you are a:bow: deity!

*Lola*

i'd be happy to present you with something more appropriate, like a son...all you need to do is paint that KY...KIDDING!
shoot, this is worth more than a son...
you are a:bow: deity!

you smooth talker you! ;) thank you for the kind words. Finally, I think of something first ;) heehee

aligee

Veteran
props to you Lola for sharing im gonna try this w/ KY and roots excel ... never bought KY ill let ya know if i get any funny looks lol!!!

ThizZ

LOL... the secret is NOT the KY jelly.. Store Bought cloning gel is probably better!
I LOLed When I read that , I Put some store bought rooting gel lol on a lemon kush mother i wanted a clone of and on a skunk haze mother just to try this out can't wait to compare to my regular cloning method

I also had a question , What is the biggest size clone you can cut using this method?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i would imagine that would be up to you.
how adventureous are you willing to be experimenting with something that intrigued you because your previous attempts were less than satisfactory?
or just looking for an easier way to do things? (my chosen excuse)

ThizZ

i would imagine that would be up to you.
how adventureous are you willing to be experimenting with something that intrigued you because your previous attempts were less than satisfactory?
or just looking for an easier way to do things? (my chosen excuse)
lol cloning isn't too hard at all it's keeping the clone alive that tends to get more difficult the bigger you decide to take the cutting, I guess increasing the dome size would do good to a point but is it even possible to keep , say a 1 and a half foot to 2 foot cut alive while it builds the roots to support that growth using ofcourse this new method (atleast to me) that shoots roots out quicker , I'm experimenting myself and although I haven't had too many problem cloning I also haven't cut such big cuttings ever or had any reason too so Idk if it's even do able

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Lola girl!......
Congrats...and im serious.... this is one of the coolest threads I've had the pleasure of reading....Its not everyday that the more experienced growers of IC can learn something new, but this is for sure, something new that I have learned....again....Really cool...
:dance013:
just out of curiosity: lola = lolagal from the old GH floranectar thread?
:bump:
would be a great 'sticky' post:thank you: :) :)
Brilliant idea,MizzL
can we make this happen.

Sorry to be all geeked out all over this thread.

slowandeasy

Veteran
it depends on the strain

I know you don't want to hear that vague answer, but sorry :D

I usually give em at least a week or 10 days, then i just clip em, dip em, and stick em, I really don't wash it all off to peek under there.

I would just keep observing the different strain, and wait for nubs! Once you got nubs, you got it whipped.

Having never used store bought cloning gel, and different variables, such as application rates and strengths all come into play.

if you want, wait a week and wet a Qtip, and wash the branch off and look under there for root nubs. If you dont see any, just reapply cloning gel, it won't hurt it at all.

:D

those root nubs took about 10 days to show that strong as in the pic and it is on a very good cloning plant too Ice Cool, easy cloner with multiple root sites.

FWIW, today is Day 5 on trying this method and things still look fine. However I have mad a few observations. For me, it looks like a couple of my stems are swelling where the gel is others look normal. I do not see bumps yet, but I plan on waiting til day 7 and washing off and checking the status. I am in no hurry...just curious. I will update in 2 days, peace

Grizz

Veteran
great thread , been doing this myself, i have a alien dog that is a pure bitch to root, this method and a home made bubble cloner work every time, I only have one problem and that is the wasting of the KY jelly, I have to save mine to put on the door knobs to keep the kids out of the bed room during my lustfull evenings

Latest posts

Latest posts