What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ID this grass?

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone know what kind of grass this is?
- grows in bunch
- glossy soft leaves

picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are so many native grasses out there, you need to know what is native to your locale.

Otherwise you'll probably spend hours looking and end up wrong. :p

So what region are we talking about? Colorado? Mexico? Outer Mongolia?

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
There are apps now that do a pretty damn good job of identifying plants when you take pictures of them. I would recommend one of those, if this is the sort of thing you'll find yourself wondering from time to time. But yeah, if you want people to be able to identify them you need to take good close-ups of the flowers.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seedhead close ups; shakey shakey - do they make tripods for Androids. [remember when android meant a serviant robot?]

picture.php

picture.php

Triangular stem

picture.php

Not much of a tuber; maybe not yet formed

picture.php

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Review of Google Photos;
David
March 28, 2019

While I thoroughly enjoyed the app for about a year, the move to a monthly subscription and limiting free IDs made this app useless. I don't mind ads, I don't mind a one time fee, but I do mind adding another recurring fee to my bill. Sorry, this app is now a hard pass