Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > Newberry - Flying in a blue dream

Thread Title Search
Newberry - Flying in a blue dream Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-18-2019, 01:34 AM #71
Spankee

Spankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura about
Wow rcco. Great job very nice looking lady’s there. See some similarities and then some. Great colors all around that #7 looks like some eye candy they all do well done
Spankee is offline Quote

Old 04-18-2019, 01:36 PM #72
roach

roach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really nice
I was really excited when I saw this cross, but 250-350$ for 10 reg seeds is on the verge of stealing :/

Great looking plants though

Old 04-18-2019, 03:36 PM #73
Spankee

Spankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura aboutSpankee has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I was really excited when I saw this cross, but 250-350$ for 10 reg seeds is on the verge of stealing :/

Great looking plants though
Worth every penny and then some . As grandpa always said never go broke turning a profit.
Spankee is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:19 PM #74
roach

roach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really niceroach is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankee View Post
Worth every penny and then some . As grandpa always said never go broke turning a profit.
My White Fire seeds cost half, and is twice as potent as anything else i have grown.
I'm just wondering why you would put such an extreme pricetag on some seeds...
roach is offline Quote

Old 04-19-2019, 12:56 PM #75
rcco

rcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the rough
@roach

You would probably prefer a 15° 3$/bottle wine to a 12° 700$ grand cru of Bordeau

Last edited by rcco; 04-19-2019 at 03:26 PM..
rcco is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:52 AM #76
Spankee

Quote:
My White Fire seeds cost half, and is twice as potent as anything else i have grown.
I understand what your saying there not for everyone. That price tag which you choose to stay away from is your choice but for me the complete opposite. I don’t see anyone complaining in here only happy to have the opportunity.This is why our country is great because you have that choice .
Spankee is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:24 PM #77
Miraculous Meds

Miraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant futureMiraculous Meds has a brilliant future
Quote:

Those white fire seeds are likely f1's of two elite cuts already selected. The time and work to make a cross of already proven elite cuts, is not comparable to the time and work to bring hermaphroditic landrace varieties to the point of sexual stability. Then selecting 1 out of 10 test crosses and throwing away the other 9, because they didn't meet your stringent goals as a breeder. Then locking in specific traits after several filial generations of work, selecting and throwing away the offspring crosses again, that don't meet the breeding goals. That's years to a lifetime of work. F1's of elite cuts could be cheap cause they take little time to get to market.

Dj has done all this work. Whats that worth? That's up to the person purchasing it, but look at the top end of the market for seeds. That's where Dj's are priced, and once you understand the work behind it, its easier to understand the price and value. Dj's goals were to select for the type of effect that made him feel good. The effects are locked in, and are blissful euphoric happiness. Powerfully pleasant, not to racy or couch lock stone. The flo side leans towards anxiety relief type of effect. You can also expect blue/purple/violet hues, berry and floral aromas, hollow stems, and variegated leaves. Those characteristics are locked in and you will get several plants just like that out of each pack.
Miraculous Meds is offline Quote

Old 04-20-2019, 02:31 PM #78
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraculous Meds View Post
Those white fire seeds are likely f1's of two elite cuts already selected. The time and work to make a cross of already proven elite cuts, is not comparable to the time and work to bring hermaphroditic landrace varieties to the point of sexual stability. Then selecting 1 out of 10 test crosses and throwing away the other 9, because they didn't meet your stringent goals as a breeder. Then locking in specific traits after several filial generations of work, selecting and throwing away the offspring crosses again, that don't meet the breeding goals. That's years to a lifetime of work. F1's of elite cuts could be cheap cause they take little time to get to market.

Dj has done all this work. Whats that worth? That's up to the person purchasing it, but look at the top end of the market for seeds. That's where Dj's are priced, and once you understand the work behind it, its easier to understand the price and value. Dj's goals were to select for the type of effect that made him feel good. The effects are locked in, and are blissful euphoric happiness. Powerfully pleasant, not to racy or couch lock stone. The flo side leans towards anxiety relief type of effect. You can also expect blue/purple/violet hues, berry and floral aromas, hollow stems, and variegated leaves. Those characteristics are locked in and you will get several plants just like that out of each pack.
Bu bu but I have 2 flavor of the week elites some cs and a paintbrush. I’m not a breeder now? Colour me shawk’d
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2019, 01:18 PM #79
rcco

rcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the roughrcco is a jewel in the rough
I smoked the #2 genotype:

it is tasty smoke, and the high is really amazing. Blissful, daytime smoke, pleasant, makes you confortable, good vibes only, it is a pure pleasure!!! WoW !!! it is true medicine! it should be sold in every pharmacy and dispensary

i gave 2-3 grams to friends, just saying "try it and tell me". They come back the same day or the days after and they ask "what is this weed, i have never smoked something like that, the high is incredible! do you have some again?" and i answered "no sorry i don't have a lot, really sorry ^^"

Here are the #4 last genotypes, pics:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0353.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	492202 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0376.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	492203 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	492204 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	492205
rcco is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM #80
rcco

They are all at 10 weeks of 12/12

Here is the #11, purple pheno, sweet berry smell, i don't know what to think of her, very finicky plant. Medium stretch. The smoke test will tell the truth.

Here is the #9, she is very close to the #2, same king of smell, a bit fruitier. She is the less finicky, low stretch, good vigour, possibly a keeper, may be better than the #2 pheno. I have high hopes with this genotype. She can yield good with good LST. Very interesting plant. Green leaves and pink/blue buds.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	492206 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0357.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	492207 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0370.jpg
Views:	78