What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

how to grow big colas

i realise now that i made the title seem like i was going 2 be telling u somnthing rather then asking but my bad.. anyway

i dont want 2 do a scrog method or anyhing like that seeing as i only got 5 plants but how do u make it so u only grow nice big sexy half oz colas...

i know their is a link on this site somewhere 2 tell me probely if anyone can link ill be glad 2 read up on it myself...

i was thinking u just tie the tops down so the plant is bent over and then the side brances will grow like the main cola... but is their any other ways and is this even right?

MtnKuSh

i would let your plants grow into single colas and trim all lower stems,leaves letting all the growth and power etc go towards the main colas..lst and training will give you tons of little nugs being this will bush the plant out..go sigle cola

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Place your bulb (1000 HPS) hoodless hanging in the center of the 5 plants and don't rotate. Trim a fourth of the plant from the bottom when you are ready to trigger, and trigger at around 1.5 to 2 feet tall. No clipping. This is a vertical grow and is best used with a half sativa half indica strain so you get that needed stretch. To cool the bulb get one of those cheap fans that can rotate 90 degree's and point it straight up at the bulb. Air cool if needed.

This is the best way to get large, long cola's and efficient yield. Good luck!

TGT

S

silent_lemon

tyty i was planning on useing a horizontal hood but ill look into the vertical.....

well my plan was to veg them till abot 3-4ft tall and then turn 2 flower letting them get about 5ft tall
and then time them down

kinda like this

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html
that's how to train them while they grow, not after vegging for mo's on end by the way. they dont just...do that; as it's called training for a reason.

that's how to train them while they grow, not after vegging for mo's on end by the way. they dont just...do that; as it's called training for a reason.

i was planning on doing in as soon as there is 3 set of leaves.. well start doing it and threw out the whole grow,,, im just saying how big i plan on letting them get

Sleepy

Veteran
a nice veg time...taking care of the roots...keep your pH in the recommended range...

maintaining healthy plants will give you nice colas...

i get these with 400 watts of HPS...

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

...and i'm still learning!

montehierba

greenblaze,here is a tip
use small containers and gro indicas and you will get some phat colas, nothing YOU can do to the plant so makes a phat bud,is all naturally made.just give the plant some confort.

keep it green bro.

some nice looking buds

also problem for me is i better have this shit down right becuz where i live their is some REALLY GOOD shit i can get 24/7 so i dont want 2 down grade.. so bar set kinda high for myself

growshower

greenblaze, it is much more rewarding to grow your own than it ever will be to have the best of the rest, namely, because its free, and it is reaping what you sow, best feeling ever

Shine On

Right On!!

Right On!!

i know for a fact that i could grow better weed than i could ever buy where i live. i don't have much experience but the ganja around here is crap!
big colas...yeah

shine on

wickedpete66

If you dont want to veg for 2 months , you need a big watts. A 1000watter will get you good size colas provided everything else is in check. Also switching from soil to coca will help as well.

i know for a fact that i could grow better weed than i could ever buy where i live. i don't have much experience but the ganja around here is crap!
big colas...yeah

shine on

will make u a king! lol atleast i know around here who ever can bring the best around is loved.. i just cant wait 2 see what i can produce now and 5years from now

If you dont want to veg for 2 months , you need a big watts. A 1000watter will get you good size colas provided everything else is in check. Also switching from soil to coca will help as well.

i already have 2 1000w's and foxfarm ocean forest/ff line of nutes going 2 add mollasses in the last 2 weeks

wickedpete66

i already have 2 1000w's and foxfarm ocean forest/ff line of nutes going 2 add mollasses in the last 2 weeks

I did ffof for years with pbp line of nutes. Last year I switched to cocoa using the gh3 line and I was so impressed with the growth rates that i threw out all my other nutes. gave away a couple bags of the ffof and havent looked back. I also switched from reg pots to hempy buckets.

Latest posts

Latest posts