What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Did someone try the rice experiment?

Bobby Boucher

Everyone here wants to bash it without actually trying the experiment, myself included really. Ours is a world full of dumbasses and snake oil salesmen, so you are dealing with pretty acutely skeptical group.

Theres tons of data suggesting that marbles, crystals, prayer and the like work, but none of it has been found to be repeatable. If it's not repeatable, it's not worth dog shit to the scientific community.

I don't have a lot of cred to lose, so I should just.. do the god damn experiment already, and post up pictures every week, er whenever I see change, er whatever f*ck it, it's a dumb idea anyways.

Dr. Emoto(sp) suggested that simply writing "love" or "hate" on the jars would have effect enough to make a difference, so I probably wouldn't waste my time and energy trying to send the jars "love" and "hate", or at least I wouldn't likely admit to it.

I will say that toxic people make me feel physically ill with anxiety as soon as I see them, and that nice or "normal" people have no such effect on me. I think that has a lot more variables at play than our jar label experiment.. but whatever.

......I probably won't do it. I already feel stupid and gullible enough as it is.

negative37dBA

Veteran
There is a lot to be said for positive thinking. I have struggled with anxiety and depression all my life. I have been really trying to keep my thoughts good and it does help. What you put out there is what you get back I am learning. This universe we live in is a strange and amazing place...
It can be real hard because there are lots of things out there just ready to knock you down and man people can be the worst. It seems some guys wake up just looking to fuck with someones else's day/life. Most people I see are so absorbed with themselves they have no idea what is going on around them and could care less about most others. I try to be the best person I can and hopefully that trickles down to others.
Help someone out today....do something to better yourself as a person...it is good for all.
peace, negative....I have to laugh about my nickname.

BerrySeal

Microbes feel what you feel. Most people can't handle my shit cuz i tell them every day what kind of weed I want, usually in song form.