What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long time since I've been here.... AMA

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Hey, I dropped off of ICMag a few years ago because I was no longer in a position to grow and my collection of awesome seeds I was building up from the generous folks on here was making me sad as I had no idea when or even if I'd be in a place to use them before they were no longer able to germ. Besides what did I have to say on ICMag that I wanted to talk about? I had no grow pics no news to share, I was terrified of police back then too before I started going to cannabis consumption protests.

Back then I set out to be voice to change the system so that one day I could come back to ICMag and grow, I protested, I went to any mainstream events I could about cannabis, e.g. Kew Gardens Intoxication season etc. i got a blog and made bad youtube videos and handed out leaflets and seeds and wrote letters to parliament.

From 2014 I became active in the Facebook UK Canna Community and became involved first with clubs in the UKCSC, then the shortlived National Cannabis Coalition and then I was finally allowed to join the admin team for the United Patients Alliance a medical access group trying to stand apart from the more politically toxic elements of the "Cannabis Community" to present the humanitarian argument to the public but also a group frequently targeted by conspiracy theorists.

However the facebook cannabis community has worn away at my soul over the past few years and I think it's partially due to the platform, everyone has a facebook account and although I've made some great friends hundreds of other people in that nebulous community have added me and built an echochamber around me and not one I even necessarily agree with. The more serious organizations are trying to get away from having everything run through facebook but in all the discussions of forums and things that might be set up, it made me very nostalgic for my days on ICMag and since I can't deal with my facebook feed any more... here I am.

I plan to continue to campaign with the UPA, especially now there's progress being made, but I also want to be back on ICMag and let you guys know what has been going on politically for the last few years in case you've not been following, I've met academics, MPs, Think Tanks and Media Outlets and I've searched through library archives of the emails between deceased activists and GW Pharma for the history of how we got to where we are now.

I'm still not in a position to grow yet but I finally feel I have something I feel informed about enough to offer something to IC again.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey, I dropped off of ICMag a few years ago because I was no longer in a position to grow and my collection of awesome seeds I was building up from the generous folks on here was making me sad as I had no idea when or even if I'd be in a place to use them before they were no longer able to germ. Besides what did I have to say on ICMag that I wanted to talk about? I had no grow pics no news to share, I was terrified of police back then too before I started going to cannabis consumption protests.

Back then I set out to be voice to change the system so that one day I could come back to ICMag and grow, I protested, I went to any mainstream events I could about cannabis, e.g. Kew Gardens Intoxication season etc. i got a blog and made bad youtube videos and handed out leaflets and seeds and wrote letters to parliament.

From 2014 I became active in the Facebook UK Canna Community and became involved first with clubs in the UKCSC, then the shortlived National Cannabis Coalition and then I was finally allowed to join the admin team for the United Patients Alliance a medical access group trying to stand apart from the more politically toxic elements of the "Cannabis Community" to present the humanitarian argument to the public but also a group frequently targeted by conspiracy theorists.

However the facebook cannabis community has worn away at my soul over the past few years and I think it's partially due to the platform, everyone has a facebook account and although I've made some great friends hundreds of other people in that nebulous community have added me and built an echochamber around me and not one I even necessarily agree with. The more serious organizations are trying to get away from having everything run through facebook but in all the discussions of forums and things that might be set up, it made me very nostalgic for my days on ICMag and since I can't deal with my facebook feed any more... here I am.

I plan to continue to campaign with the UPA, especially now there's progress being made, but I also want to be back on ICMag and let you guys know what has been going on politically for the last few years in case you've not been following, I've met academics, MPs, Think Tanks and Media Outlets and I've searched through library archives of the emails between deceased activists and GW Pharma for the history of how we got to where we are now.

I'm still not in a position to grow yet but I finally feel I have something I feel informed about enough to offer something to IC again.

Welcome back :yes:

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Welcome back. I want to know if the queen really is a space wizard, or was it lizard? Anyways welcome back, sucks you cant grow.

DemonPigeon

Veteran
Welcome back. I want to know if the queen really is a space wizard, or was it lizard? Anyways welcome back, sucks you cant grow.

I don't know I still believe the conspiracy theory that all the governing is done in secret by her MPs and Civil Servants and she just signs off on it

:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
yeah....welcome back mate.

Interesting what you have been up to. I've had my own challenges during those years, and I'm now back too....

Latest posts

Latest posts