What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any shed growers

littlegrow

Hey guys so moved into my new place and it has a 15ft wooden shed thats covered in ivy and insulated and i though oh great idea for grow build :), am i right in thinking flir can't be seen though thick plants like ivy ?

also what would be the safest hps size to run in a wooden insulated shed that won't stick out like a sore thumb if the heat is being extracted out and under the shed

Green81

Veteran
Im thinking the helicopters might see hps grow lights quite easily. maybe LEDS would be a safe option.

g81

troutman

Seed Whore
Set the light on a timer for nighttime and close the door.

Wait outside at night to see if there's light leaks when the lights starts

Deal with any that appear and good luck.

mr.brunch

Veteran
^^ agreed 600w hps... bang a tent in there if you’re worried about light leaks. The police in this country haven’t got the cash or inclination to search out little grows with helicopters these days.
Best of luck with whatever you decide!
:tiphat:

UnityKutz

Board and seal it up man !!!

Pal of mine been pumping 1800watts of hps for well over 6 years in a shed of a similar size

Klompen

I'm strongly considering a shed grow until I can get my pot dungeon built. Just make sure it is secure!

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
insulate it properly and you can run what you want with the right air movement. leds really help if you have hot summers though.

I

Insomniac420

I agree insulate it. I live in an area where hill walkers Go missing & our helicopter is out most days and my m8 runs 1200 Watts in a loft.

Cmoon

love my plastic shed (steve) iv a cut down in height metre sq growbox inside with a 315 cmh...cool runnings even in summer but i close it down winter.