What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

east coast growers thread

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Thanks guys. I will start dropping pills in tonight. I already have a bottle. I have used aspirin before, just never with benny's.

soserthc1

Thanks guys. I will start dropping pills in tonight. I already have a bottle. I have used aspirin before, just never with benny's.

I also use biowar and aloe and Oregonism xl and my promix has mycos also. I keep the BIOWAR to a weekly foliar and tea and my roots this round are white and swirling the bottom in two weeks after trans. If I could just keep a constant temp life would be so much simpler

Are any of you guys using chitosen ? Is anyone still experiencing duds ?

Cannavore

Veteran
Havent experienced a dud yet indoors *knock on wood*. Although I did have a dudding problem outside with a few White Master Kush one year. The lateral branches were so weak and necrotic they basically fell off with a big gust of wind.

Crab meal (chitin), neem meal, and karanja meal are in my soil now fo sho. Predatory mites keep shit in check too, the compost I ordered from buildasoil came loaded with them (Hypoaspis Miles).

Ive heard recently that the type salicylic acid is as important as anything and that even product like agisil arent even plant available for about three months. Im sorry i cant explain more, i only heard it in passing. Has anyone else heard that? More details later. As for the gnats Ive been sold on mosquito bits top dressed for a while. 100% effective even in constantly moist organic soil. I know some guys are putting mosquito dunks, (desolvable BTi) in there res. And getting similar result. Its usually taen 10-14 days to get em knocked back, and getting every plant seems to be key. Ive never had them so bad that i thought it effected bud size, but ive never delt with them in soilless or hydro so I have no clue what thats like. Peace

Edit: Just wanted to add, Ive had neem meal in my soil, added fresh every run for a while now, and even went through a bottle of cold pressed oil and the gnats thrived throughout, even emulsifying in agisil did nothing. mosquito bits ended all that.

Last edited:
i just want to expand on my earlier post about aspirin and teas. ive used aspirin with og biowar, startboost, calmag, insect frass and chitosan. for some odd reason unknown to me everytime i gave it with tea and insect frass/chitosan or startboost the plants didnt seem to like it much. so i kept switching it up to find some thing that worked. which was aspirin then tea.

i also didnt see any real advantages of using insect frass or chitosan with aspirin here. so i dropped the insect frass and chitosan and stuck with just aspirin.

im running an og and i dont have any dudding here. old og's are just prone to semi dudding. so i use it as a preventative measure.

praxis1

Ive heard recently that the type salicylic acid is as important as anything and that even product like agisil arent even plant available for about three months. Im sorry i cant explain more, i only heard it in passing. Has anyone else heard that? More details later. As for the gnats Ive been sold on mosquito bits top dressed for a while. 100% effective even in constantly moist organic soil. I know some guys are putting mosquito dunks, (desolvable BTi) in there res. And getting similar result. Its usually taen 10-14 days to get em knocked back, and getting every plant seems to be key. Ive never had them so bad that i thought it effected bud size, but ive never delt with them in soilless or hydro so I have no clue what thats like. Peace

Edit: Just wanted to add, Ive had neem meal in my soil, added fresh every run for a while now, and even went through a bottle of cold pressed oil and the gnats thrived throughout, even emulsifying in agisil did nothing. mosquito bits ended all that.

Yes, I have heard the same thing in regards to potassium silicate. I believe it has to be broken down to become available. However I have used agisil 16h and I'm currently using OSA28 which is a satabilized orthosilicic acid and believe they both have worked very well. I know they are not technically the same thing but I have not noticed a significant difference with IR form. Maybe its just me though. Both solid products.
Glad to hear mosquito bits worked for you. I have had similar success with gnatrol which is the same species of bacillus I think. Neem cake has kept me from having a full on infestation in the past but hasn't been an end all for those annoying little pricks. Just my .02 cents.

Cannavore

Veteran
The biggest problem with gnats for me were controlling the larvae numbers. The flyers were easy to take down. Once I had a grasp on the larvae gnats weren't an issue any more.

About agsil I have no clue, I use it too and would say I see a difference when not using it. I'd like to hear more though.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
With my movement away from fox farm I have zero gnat population at beginning of flowering.I have no real dislikes with there soil except with this one issue.

HOVA

Veteran
Thanks bro! Grow is far from flawless though. I have been having like 20 degree differences between day and nighttime temps. For me low feeds are the key to nice looking buds.

They look nice, but I thought I had the fungus gnats beat, but alas they have reared their ugly heads again, and I know that's effecting bud size.

I only use a 1/4 teaspoon of feed per gallon of water. Jack's Classic Bloom Booster(10-30-20). Then this cycle I started using a dry, water in fert from Fox Farms, their Fruit and Flower fertilizer it's called. It's loaded with all kinds of nutrients, including Ca, and Mg. Plus it has benny's ( I use great white myco's as well). I hit the Corey with the HF FFF, at week 5, and it look like it worked well.

The next batch that's at 3 weeks, I already started the dry fert, and the plants are loving it. I give plain water to them for at least 2 watering's after I apply the dry fert. It does say however on the website that it can be used in conjunction with water soluble ferts, so I'm gonna try that with some of the heavier feeders.

The Glue has a smell and taste all it's own. It's a sharp chemmy smell, and I can smell the Sour Dubb in her. So sour chemmy smelling. I don't usually get the chocolate/mocha from her because I prefer to pull at 8 weeks. The Corey, is straight up rotten chem funk. I can only compare her to the Deadhead OG cut I used to run(got two cuts I'm rooting, hopefully I get to have her again). The smell is intoxicating for me. The DeadHead can be best described as rotten chemmy garbage. They both have that greasy resin profile, I love so much. When the Corey comes down I will be able to give a better description.

I cant wait to see your harvest
I use 5 mls of azamax every other feeding
As a preventative
1 bottle lasts a while and its pretty cheap
Like 14 bucks
I also use 1/2 strength in flo
But only the base sensi bloom a/b
I use rocks resonator and carbo load full force
My sluts love to get cock slap with it in flo
And they show me big ol tits for my efforts

Last edited:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
600w HPS, with a few LED's.

CSG gear is top notch, best I've grown so far! Also have a SSSDH that I run, will post pics of her when she comes out of the flower tent to shock ripen for a few days to a week

Thanks for the kind words!

MR_Falcon

Veteran
some shots of a TK x Dragons Blood tester from Bodhi @ 71 days.
chop...chop:headbange

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts