What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Un-flushed Cannabis safe to cook with???

Team Microbe

Veteran
Hey all, have a quick question before I start making brownies/butter today.

Is un-flushed weed safe to cook with? Or will these chems reside in my oil/butter upon baking?

This is some outdoor that was grown with Osmocote (4 month release) but I didn't make it in time to get them out 4 months before the chop. I can still taste some ferts in the smoke, not very appealing. Not a clean high either, some of my crop was hit with mold as well (I think I removed it all but I'm not certain).

I don't mind if I can't cook with it, would rather know the truth before ingesting anything/giving any away to family and friends.

Thanks guys, appreciate any help!

Team Microbe

Veteran
Should you be "that" worried... you can always water cure it a bit first. Do a search.

It really makes bud nasty (unless it was truly bad to begin with... then it makes it a nicer nasty smoke) but it also removes all the water soluble ferts and stuff back out.

If it's only a little nutes... I'd just cook it up.

Keep it Clean! :D

it's great bud, all overseas strains but the Osmocote just makes it taste like ferts. I'm just skeptical if it'll concentrate the ferts more - resulting in the opposite medicinal effect I'm after. I'd rather smoke it in smaller quantities than ingest large doses of the stuff if that's truly the case.

Can anyone tell me if cooking with cannabis solely isolates thc? That's the answer I'm after... I'm trying to get RID of the ferts in this bud

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't unless you can water leach it. Chemicals are absorbed into cellular level of the body. Unless you do regular detox, better to find 'clean green'. Just my opinion......

Team Microbe

Veteran
Personally, I wouldn't unless you can water leach it. Chemicals are absorbed into cellular level of the body. Unless you do regular detox, better to find 'clean green'. Just my opinion......

Thanks man, is it possible to water leach after its been cured? Everything I'm searching comes up as flushing, they call it water leaching as well...

Kushed_

If you are concentrating to the trichome level or greater, then I would not worry about it unless it tasted funny (which I doubt).