What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to make bhang?

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Well, it's like with curry: We understand something different than the indians ;) .
Bhang is simply the big leaves and minor buds (dry or fresh). According to Wikipedia, it's from Sanskrit and means 'waste' or 'rubble'. What you do with it is up to you! You may smoke it, mix it with palm-sugar or honey to form a candy-like ball, cook it in butter for whatsoever use, add yoghurt for a lassi or boiling water and spices for a tea.... you name it!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
my Americanized version

if i dont have green butter to use I put hash with butter and cook it on low for a short period of time then add milk cinnamon an honey

one of my fav ways to imbibe weed

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Honestly, before looking it up properly, I thought it's just these green golf-ball sized junks of ganja leaves, honey and spices they sell in some Indian cities for feast days...

B

BlOoDShAnTi I

Bhang...is a cannabis drink..at least here in balcan we call it like that..
We use leafs,trimmings and buds.Cooking it minimal 4h in milk,but must not boil!I also add a chocolate and a liitle strawberry vodka in it for better taste.This drink can get you really couch locked if consumed too much!my2cents

Rudra

Bang is a food made ​​of cannabis flowers.
The flowers are crushed (with the help of two proper stones) with a little water, dried fruit, spices, sometimes poppy seeds as a garnish.
The recipe varies and it's not cooked.

Mixed with lassi (a kind of yogurt) is said bhanglassi.
It's not to smoke. Only to eat or drink.
Generally it's offered during the holy Siva days.

el bee

I used a trim and a crockpot and milk...maybe some butter. I'm no chef, but there's probably a bunch of spices that could help it.......Took one cup, then two, then.....wheeeewwwwww.

Also, had some in S.E. Asia. Real, real good but no idea how it was made.

manumoka

here's a recipe that really works:

1/12th cup of loosely ground leaves (don't need to use bud). fill a 1/4 cup container about 1/3 full.

add to 3 cups boiling water, along with fennel seeds, cardamom seeds, and some slices of ginger root. boil on high for about 10 minutes.

bring heat to medium and add whole milk (or coconut milk if you don't drink dairy) along with some ghee or unsalted butter. (the goal here is to add fat to the mixture once the cannabis resin is loosed up by boiling; it sticks to fat molecules)

pour the whole thing through a fine strainer into a cup.

then pour some milk or cream onto the leafy herbal mixture in the strainer, and squeeze it through, into the cup. do this 3-4 more times til what comes through is mostly white rather than yellow.

add a some sugar or agave and enjoy. it'll take like chai but kick like a monster after an hour or so, and last for 5-7 hours.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Has anyone tried this with soymilk? :D

Maybe with a couple drops of olive oil for additional 'fats'?

Keep it Clean! :D

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Bhang with dried leaf powder and little milk must have been weak. There would have been a lot of green taste to cover up. Cannabis The Genus Cannabis by D.T. Brown, 1998 says:

Sidhee, subjee, and bang (synonymous) are used with water as a drink…540 troy grains are well washed with cold water, then rubbed to powder, mixed with black pepper, cucumber and melon seeds, sugar, half a pint of milk, and an equal quantity of water.
On the Preparations of the Indian Hemp, or Gunjah - W.B. O’Shaughnessy, 1839

The Hashish of Arabia is the Hindustani Bhang, usually drunk and made as follows. Take of hemp-leaves, well washed, 3 drams; black pepper 45 grains; and of cloves, nutmeg, and mace (which add to the intoxication) each 12 grains. Triturate in 8 ounces of water, or the juice of water melon or cucumber, strain, and drink.
1001 Tales of the Arabian Nights footnote - R.F. Burton, 1894