What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cookies or Better ( Candy Rain Cookie Fam and more )

Jonny Lan

picture.php

HASHCAM

Looks interesting, 20k wow, off course needless to say, that giving away your top pheno, mite not be worth 20k? If you where to win!

The some one uses all your hard work

HASHCAM

Why would someone want to sell out for so little money, not sure this discredit the pheno finder ?

anyway, 1 + ! = ?

Jonny Lan

Looks interesting, 20k wow, off course needless to say, that giving away your top pheno, mite not be worth 20k? If you where to win!

The some one uses all your hard work
Yeah not sure i'd want to sell my winner pheno for 20,000 either smh. but due to having personal relationships with certain breeders if i found something (usually i get gifted seeds) from a pack of something i got from a buddy i would just give them the pheno for free.
To be clear as well cookie fam won't be buying this said pheno anyways, the winner will be determined based on the looks of what they find and how well they grow it out (mono crop i guess?) thats why he has given 8-10 months so u can do that first run sort through it all then grow it out in larger proportion.
I imagine that cookie fam could just pop 1000 seeds and find a similar or better pheno anyways.

In regards to them selling out, a lot of people say that and hate on them, i skipped out on their first two drops despite my curiosity but had to get in on the Candy rain because i LOVE Gelato. so yeah here we are, maybe after I grow this out ill be a hater too? but again this is apart of why i had to jump in. "Don't knock it till you try it"

Thanks for popping in Hashcam and hope you stick around to see the results!

HASHCAM

jonny lan, ye good luck, with it, I like popping new bean genetics, although this might sound strange I find that usually the person that has a good relationship with the breeder is the breeder.

As I read somewhere about an argument about some Jamaican strain, on one of the thread here at icmag.

Sometimes you see breeders pollen chucker, amateur, pro breeder, bedroom guys what's the difference just scaled up. Man or lady with passion.

The idea that you never release the top clone that took you a year to home in on. This is why more often than not seed companies release a cross so that you have to whittle it down, research it cross-reference the original images that were released from the marketing of the seeds company and then draw your own conclusion.

As you know it can be quite some work. I have not heard of gelato, it a new thing? what is it all about and why is it so good?

i am interested in the strain, perhaps i should purchase some seed, which would be the best to choose from and why?

Jonny Lan

jonny lan, ye good luck, with it, I like popping new bean genetics, although this might sound strange I find that usually the person that has a good relationship with the breeder is the breeder.

As I read somewhere about an argument about some Jamaican strain, on one of the thread here at icmag.

Sometimes you see breeders pollen chucker, amateur, pro breeder, bedroom guys what's the difference just scaled up. Man or lady with passion.

The idea that you never release the top clone that took you a year to home in on. This is why more often than not seed companies release a cross so that you have to whittle it down, research it cross-reference the original images that were released from the marketing of the seeds company and then draw your own conclusion.

As you know it can be quite some work. I have not heard of gelato, it a new thing? what is it all about and why is it so good?

i am interested in the strain, perhaps i should purchase some seed, which would be the best to choose from and why?
I think I understand what you are saying to some extent, I might have missed some of your point, correct me if I'm wrong.
yes sometimes people who are pollen chuckers do get passed off as breeders. Though I must say some chucker genetics are fire. Ultimately in my opinion the amount of breeders doing "true breeding" genetics are decreasing. it's honestly not what the major market wants right now.

Is this what you were speaking of? lol I'm kind of high right now. lol .

check out some of the earlier posts in this thread I have pictures up of a gelato #33 cross I ran. Gelato is a cross done by the Cookie fam. same group of guys who did this Candy Rain I'm running. There are several popular cuts of Gelato I have only tried the 33.

Jonny Lan

They appear to quite expensive genetics in seed form, 500$ or is that euro?
It's 500 USD per seed pack and some are charging 800 USD. but it's labelled as a pack of 20 seeds. my first pack had 30 seeds in it though.
I think they did some testing, realized that there were some bad seeds (duds) and put extra in. of course just my speculation. only reason I could imagine why so many people got bad beans. that or some people believe it's due to the packaging and lack of protection. I don't agree with this as much because the other varieties like London Pound cake or the Crumpets never had this problem apparently (of course it had to be the cross I'm interested in).
a lot of the beans late to pop I had to hand crack which worked pretty well. probably would have had 15 less sprouts if hadn't.

I Usually would be sitting on at least 65 sprouts out of 71 beans.
for example I popped an older pack of Orange 43 from 2015 and I got 9/10 to go, this was earlier in the week. when I popped candy rain I also popped some beans from Thunder fudge genetics and got 10/10.
as long as I find something crazy or better than the ice cream cake I have, I will be pretty happy!

HASHCAM

Hay Jonny, that is not too bad percentage for success on the seed germinating. Lots of crazy names out there for seeds now, it almost a competition just with the name.

Yield is important, the overall health of the plant, easy to steer to the finish line.

$800.00 that out of my price league for a small pack of seeds, I could buy couple hundred seeds for that. and then make a selection.

Good luck with the selection.

I don't think cookie fam selling out, they just buying there the way in the market, I don't have too much to say about that, whatever floats their boat.

I personally would keep my best cut, and not sell, and it weakens your position

Jonny Lan

Hay Jonny, that is not too bad percentage for success on the seed germinating. Lots of crazy names out there for seeds now, it almost a competition just with the name.

Yield is important, the overall health of the plant, easy to steer to the finish line.

$800.00 that out of my price league for a small pack of seeds, I could buy couple hundred seeds for that. and then make a selection.

Good luck with the selection.

I don't think cookie fam selling out, they just buying there the way in the market, I don't have too much to say about that, whatever floats their boat.

I personally would keep my best cut, and not sell, and it weakens your position
Thanks dude! and no don't think the will be buying the best cut, just giving the 20,000 to the the winner with the best cut.
don't care if I win but wish me luck!

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Further to your question about sog. In a market where bag appeal is based on bud size and topbuds mentality...sog with higher plant count, no side branches and a short veg, will have a product output to suit that kind of market, less man hours to process also.

Jonny Lan

Further to your question about sog. In a market where bag appeal is based on bud size and topbuds mentality...sog with higher plant count, no side branches and a short veg, will have a product output to suit that kind of market, less man hours to process also.

Im gonna have to give this a shot! i think Ice Cream Cake #3 that i posted earlier would be a perfect candidate as it doesn't branch very well and is a slow vegger. Whats the max size pot you would use for SOG. When i first started and was exploring methods and techniques closely, i found most dudes using 1 gallon containers. would a 1.8 gallon be too big?

I hope you win! Best of luck

Respect to the fullest!!! I really appreciate the support guys!

As i mentioned now and then i'd post some cookie related gear while these candy rain grow.
Here is The Sweeties by Archive, Kind of a long shot from cookies genetics considering the cross, but the Cooks really comes out in this one

(White Tahoe Cookies x Face off OG Bx1)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Jonny Lan

That looks dank how was the palette?
Have you ever eaten Froot Loops? Well the taste is like the milk thats left over after a big bowl of Froot Loops. Amazing sweet milk taste I love it! Pretty potent as well! Never smoked a king phatty to see how messed up it could get me but definitely going to on the next run. Only downside to this girl I can think of is the small buds she produces with that said I would like to pop a couple packs of this and see whats really up with this cross.

Sweet pictures Jonny, Looks like Your gonna be Famous
Dude your too much lol
Dont say that man fame scares me..
haha bless!
JL