What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most purple

tiffa

After going through the threads for a few weeks I'm sold on buying on some seeds! But sorry, I've read and read but I can't decide.

Which strain is the most purple in color do you reckon...Violeta or Malawi x PCK ?....Or any other info would be helpful. Cheers Tiff

P

pangolin

Both parents of Violeta are purple as I understand it, so for more chance at purple plants it's got to be Violeta. I'm sure either will be good choices though.

Last edited:

tiffa

Both parents of Violeta are purple as I understand it, as opposed to just 1 of the Malawi x PCK so for more chance at purple plants it's got to be Violeta. I'm sure either will be good choices though.

Ahh right, thanks...That makes sense because I've been through every pic in both threads and Violeta did seem slightly more vibrant...Cheers Pangolin

Koondense

Veteran
If i were you I'd pick violeta and purple pck x panama, if still available. Check the r+d section, there are some purple pheno hybrids which should be very interesting.

Cheers

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
Tiffa, I have grown out many Ace and others strains. Two that haven't been mentioned are the Snow Moon and Peyote Purple. The Snow Moon was the brightest burgundy color I've ever seen. The others mentioned are beautiful plants as well with great quality. I just deleted a few of my past grows. Or I could have posted a picture of them for you to see, sorry. Peace

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi tiffa,

Thanks for your interest in our work. Pangolin correctly pointed out, Violeta is more uniform regarding intense purple colors, although the purple Malawi x PCK is also very very frequent.

Farmerlion's recommendation are also good ones, Snow Moon also has very nice purple phenos, and Cannabiogen's Peyote Purple finishes with intense purple/black colors too.

You can't go wrong with all these strains if you are looking for high quality colorful strains.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look at my albums for Peyote purple plants. Mine all (5) went nearly black.

At harvest & upon sampling I thought potency was low with PP but as it’s getting the most requests my mind has changed. I’ve had one person tell me that PP was too much for them.

tiffa

Hi tiffa,

Thanks for your interest in our work. Pangolin correctly pointed out, Violeta is more uniform regarding intense purple colors, although the purple is also very very frequent.

Farmerlion's recommendation are also good ones, Snow Moon also has very nice purple phenos, and Cannabiogen's Peyote Purple finishes with intense purple/black colors too.

You can't go wrong with all these strains if you are looking for high quality colorful strains.

I could play safe and get some Violeta, but if I go all 'Who dares wins" and get a colorful Malawi x PCK then it's keeper city ;-)...I'm gonna go big or go home I reckon kids!

tiffa

This ACE forum is busy as hell!!...I've never seen so many new posts. Maybe it's the huge cola pics. I've looked through tons of pics and they are beasts!...but answer me this advanced growers...

Why is it that new plants from any strain yield bigger than once you start cloning off her for a few months or years?...virus? genetic drift - I clone from clones but always need to go back to the seedbank for fresh stock or yield eventually goes down, or is it just me?

Also. I'm not far from Spain, are Ace based there?

Ncali

Veteran
The happier the mom, the more vigorous the cuts. I know that in my garden it's really easy to neglect the mothers sitting in the back of the tent. The genes are always there, it's a matter of getting the genes to fully express all the positive traits and vigor. That is done by stepping up your mom game.

Maybe it's just me, but keeping even just a few mom plants VERY happy for long periods of time can be time consuming and difficult. I still haven't fully developed a complete routine of perpetual happiness, but when I know I'm going to be taking cuts I hop up the soil with top dressings of kelp, alfalfa ewc etc to get them into peak health weeks before the cuttings are taken.

Ncali

Veteran
I don't pruport to be an "advanced grower" though. I'm Just A Guy, J.A.G.-off if you will, just trying to do it right haha. :laughing:

I am interested to see other responses to your questions also.

Koondense

Veteran
My theory is that clones usually get different treatment(commercial growing vs soulful growing) and also clones have different root propagation because of hormones, thus the plant growth/development slows down a bit because of slower roots.
Mind you, it's just a theory ;)

Since we're in the purple thread, here's a picture of my Zamaldelica x Kali China clone, which developed differently in flower compared to the previous clone, both have a very similar shade to the bud.

picture.php

Cheers

G

Here's a Violeta that finished at about 65 days, (PCK X Purple Malawi).

Still curing but samples taste great and must lean towards the Purp Malawi for it's potency. Grown several PCK over the last few years, never had one that packs this much punch. Very smooth , powerful smoke. I have 5 more freebie beans of Violeta and definitely will be running more and hoping for a good male.